The Rochester Off-season Thread

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Nacional Tijuana, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems to me this'll be a story within a story (the outer story being the rest of the off-season). I wonder what'll happen with the staff and playerss, and really, with the team in general. The two results posted in another thread aren't the only miserable results the team has suffered. Something needs changing in that team.

Feel free to post any good nuggets on them here in the coming months.

2. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have struggled over the last couple of years. As I have said in the past, they have had a problem attracting the top local talent to play, and have to rely on too many high school players to balance out the roster. Might be time for them to bring in a bigger name coach. Need to attract the local college players to stay and play and bring back the girls who have gone to bigger schools outside the area. Rochester and the surrounding area has talent and they just need to find a way to bring it in for the summer. Would also help if they could have some of the veteran players in the area (college grads) join the team and help mentor some of these kids. Maybe a structure like Long Island has had needs to be in place. They have always had a balance of veterans and college kids, even relying more on the veterans, in the past.

For this season, they might as well pretend it didn't happen. 4 goals scored total, 96 goals given up (6.9 goals a game) with an 18 nil score line under their belt.

Jill McCabe is a great soccer person and will always put her heart into the sport. But she needs some help from the area.

3. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed Merry McConnochie's (Carnegie Mellon University)absence from the roster. She's been on the team in past seasons, and I thought she started with them this season. Is that incorrect, or did she leave mid-season?