The Road to Leicester [R]

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Peakite, May 10, 2006.

1. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Just back from the Conference playoff semi final second leg, Grays 2-2 Halifax. So we're through 5-4 on aggregate, and yet another good game against Grays.

Hereford or Morecambe up in the final, they play tomorrow.

And the M25 isn't good during rush hour.

2. hufc4life

hufc4life New Member

May 12, 2006
    ross,hfds
    its hereford!!! (we were well lucky) morecombe kicked our asses in the second half, good team,good fans. but after the last two years i'm very happy to be going to a final, any ideas about how many you lot are gonna take to the crisps stadium?

3. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Not sure, but I doubt we'll fill it :D.

A few thousand would be nice, and realistic. But not a bad ground to have it in given pretty much equidistant to both towns.

The start of last nights game must have been quite interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing Hereford again this season (albeit with a better result, was at Edgar Street).

4. hufc4life

hufc4life New Member

May 12, 2006
    ross,hfds
    oh god! it was painfull last night! 20 yrs of watching your team and then this happens.
    i think we will take about 10,000(we are a isolated city,you lot of competition from the rest of yorkshire)
    do you know any good pubs in leicester?

5. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Depends on what kind of pub you are looking for.

Real ale type - The Swan and Rushes opposite the Infirmary on Jarrom St.

Down by the Poly there are a couple of bars. The Quays and the Soar Point( which is one of those cheap student boozers)

6. masshlx

masshlx Member

N.E. Revs, F.C. Halifax, CC Mariners
    Mar 17, 2005
    Halifax, Ma.
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be rooting for Town from afar.

7. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    Well I've got my ticket now. Seems strange them making this all ticket given the number who'll actually be there.

Isn't there any large grounds in the midlands which aren't all seater?

8. SheffWedFan

SheffWedFan Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was half-hoping for Morecambe to get through (as they've never been in the League before, and it would have been nice for them), but it will be great to see one of the H's back in D2. Two teams with proud League football heritage - good luck to both of you!

9. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    If it isn't us going up, they're also those in the playoffs (and indeed just out of them) I'd rather see go up too. Apart from they'd be up for the first time, it's also an awkward ground to get to (especially from down here).

10. act smiley

act smiley Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It all makes sense when you realise its not strange decisions but strange people making them.

Peterborough's 15,000 I think. Other than that just rugby ones.
    In fact, non all-seater grounds with decent capacities are pretty thin on the ground in general - Cardiff, Plymouth?, Wrexham, Brentford, Peterborough... can't think of that many around the 15,000 mark even. I think Cardiff's 22,000 is your biggest.

11. hufc4life

hufc4life New Member

May 12, 2006
    ross,hfds
    good game to the shaymem,may the best team win. i thought stoke should have kept the final,straight off the m6 good parking ,a couple of nice pubs close. instead we've go to get near the centre of leicester, try and park in a canal in the middle of a rough and rundown area of the city.

12. act smiley

act smiley Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    its not that bad!
    Well, maybe the parking is, I usually get the train and walk.

13. hufc4life

hufc4life New Member

May 12, 2006
    ross,hfds
    i suppose i was being harsh there, the last time i went their was a cup replay six years ago on a cold december night, didn't really get to look around.
    i used to live in cardiff in tremorfa. used to go watch the city now and then.

14. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    A good game, but sadly not the result I'd gone up to see (but it so nearly was). Congrats to Hereford, we just have to bounce back.

Largest crowd in Conference history too.

15. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    Comiserations Peakite, but the parts I saw looked like a good game and although you probably don't appreciate it right now the Hereford winner was a stunner.

16. hufc4life

hufc4life New Member

May 12, 2006
    ross,hfds
    one of those games that could of gone either way, all good goals scored from open play.
    great atmosphere around the ground and in the pubs beforehand, made up to be in league 2!! and unlucky to the shaymen must be gutting to get that close.