The Road to EURO 2012 Friendlies [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by johnmatrix, Jul 23, 2010.

1. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Squad for the August 11 friendly v Cameroon

Bramkarze: Łukasz Fabiański (Arsenal FC, Anglia), Przemysław Tytoń (Roda JC Kerkrade, Holandia).

Obrońcy: Łukasz Piszczek (BV Borussia 1909, Niemcy), Michał Żewłakow (MKE Ankaragücü SK, Turcja), Kamil Glik (US Città di Palermo, Włochy), Maciej Sadlok (Ruch Chorzów), Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (Lech Poznań), Marcin Kowalczyk (Dinamo Moskwa, Rosja), Dariusz Dudka (AJ Auxerre, Francja).

Pomocnicy: Sławomir Peszko (Lech Poznań), Adam Matuszczyk (1.FC Köln, Niemcy), Maciej Rybus (Legia Warszawa), Jakub Błaszczykowski (BV Borussia 1909, Niemcy), Rafał Murawski (Rubin Kazań, Rosja), Maciej Iwański (Legia Warszawa), Ludovic Joseph Obraniak (Lille OSC, Francja), Adrian Mierzejewski (Polonia Warszawa).

Napastnicy: Paweł Brożek (Wisła Kraków), Rafał Boguski (Wisła Kraków), Robert Lewandowski (BV Borussia 1909, Niemcy), Artur Sobiech (Ruch Chorzów).

2. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Can anyone confirm that there is a friendly against the US planned/scheduled for this fall? The US boards here seem to think so, but I haven't seen any confirmation on any Polish sites.

And as to the squad posted by Johnmatrix above, what's the reason for Jelen's absence? Yet another injury?

3. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, there is supposed to be a friendly against the US

when they come state side they will face

9 Oct.---New York---Polska v USA
    12 Oct.---Chicago---Polska v Mexico

4. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my starting 11 for cameroon:

Fabs
    Piszczek, Glik, Zewlakow, Kowalczyk
    Dudka, Matuszczyk, Kuba, Ludo, Murawski
    Lewandowski

5. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    definite bump in the road today :( :p i think it is pretty sad considering that is one of the better sides you could have tossed out there. i don't know really what to think after this other than, they have less than 2 years to figure out how to make it work

Polska – Kamerun 0:3 (0:1)
    0:1 Eto’o 30’
    0:2 Eto’o 53’
    0:3 Aboubakar 85’

Polska: Fabiański (46’ Tytoń) – Wojtkowiak (38’ Kowalczyk), Glik, Żewłakow, Sadlok - Błaszczykowski, Murawski (57’ Mierzejewski), Dudka (72’ Matuszczyk), Obraniak (77’ Peszko)- Lewandowski, Brożek (46’ Rybus)

Kamerun: Ndy - Assou Ekotto, Bassong, Nkoulu (63’ Bikey), Binya – Chedjou (77’ Matip), Makoun (70’ Mandejeck), Bedimo (82’ Bong), Ndjeng - Choupo-Moting (59’ Bienvonu), Eto'o (80’ Aboubakar)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JTm-rcq9EA"]YouTube- ‪Polska - Kamerun (0:3) Skrót Meczu (HD 1080p)‬‎[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  6. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Poland v. Australia and Ukraine, August

These are the players Smuda called up from foreign leagues:

Bramkarze: Artur Boruc (Fiorentina), Przemysław Tytoń (Roda Kerkade)

Obrońcy: Sebastian Boenisch (Werder Brema), Kamil Glik (Palermo), Arkadiusz Głowacki (Trabzonspor), Łukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dotmund), Michał Żewłakow (Ankaragucu)

Pomocnicy: Jakub Błaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Adam Matuszczyk (FC Koln), Rafał Murawski (Rubin Kazań), Ludovic Obraniak (OSC Lille)

Napastnicy: Ireneusz Jeleń (AJ Auxerre), Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund)

I have to say that the return of in-form Boruc, the inclusion of Boenisch and the potential return of Smolarek who seems to be playing well again makes me feel a little better about the team....but then again I read somewhere that Kuba is once again injured.

7. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you do know that these matches are played in September, right? during the qualifying days on the 3rd and 7th

i think as important as an "in-form" Boruc is a re-committed Boruc. the inclusion of Boenisch can definitely strengthen the backline in a position that has yet to be filled by a competent player for the last handful of years. i think he could definitely have the quality to lock that wingback spot up. as for Smolarek, i think you can definitely see a rejuvenated confidence with his play at Polonia, it should be interested if he can maintain some sort of consistency to it as well as have it translate to the national side. all in all, the rest of the side was pretty predictable.

i am really interested in hearing the rest of the squad, with who will be included in the Ekstraklasa guys. as much as I liked Boguski, last year was not a good year for him and this year has been horrendous in terms of form, he looks lost out there. i really hope he does not get called up until he proves he deserves it. it will be also interesting to see if Patryk gets a call up after Smuda blasted him for his actions during a Wisla friendly earlier in the summer. personally speaking, he is the only guy from our squad that deserves a call up, IF any

8. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    heheh yeah, I knew that....just subconsciously wished for another month of summertime, I guess.

I too am curious to see who gets called up from the Ekstraklasa - I wonder which direction Smuda will go. And yes, you are right about Wisla players, I certainly don't want to see Paw Brozek on the NT again....ever again. Bogucki I can't say much about, since I haven't watched much of Wisla this year. Who is Patryk?

I would like to see Grosicki get the call up; he deserves it.

9. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have not heard of Patryk Małecki? he is quite possibly the brightest star of all the young guys, potential future of the national team. easily the best player for us this year and last year, very enjoyable to watch

i am especially interested in the match against Australia... it will give us the chance to have a sneak peak at the new Reymonta :D only 2 stands will be available for usage. but like i said, it will be a sneak peak before all 4 stands are open and available for the "re-opening" in November when we host Legia

10. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I figured out that you meant Malecki a few minutes after posting....

Anyway, BMike, looks like you were right about lack of Wisla players in the full NT:

Bramkarze: Artur Boruc (Fiorentina), Przemysław Tytoń (Roda Kerkade), Grzegorz Sandomierski (Jagiellonia Białystok).

Obrońcy: Sebastian Boenisch (Werder Brema), Kamil Glik (Palermo), Arkadiusz Głowacki (Trabzonspor), Łukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dotmund), Michał Żewłakow (Ankaragucu), Maciej Sadlok (Ruch Chorzów), Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (Lech Poznań).

Pomocnicy: Jakub Błaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Adam Matuszczyk (FC Koln), Rafał Murawski (Rubin Kazań), Ludovic Obraniak (OSC Lille), Tomasz Bandrowski, Sławomir Peszko (Lech Poznań), Maciej Iwański, Maciej Rybus (Legia Warszawa), Adrian Mierzejewski (Polonia Warszawa).

Napastnicy: Ireneusz Jeleń (AJ Auxerre), Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Euzebiusz Smolarek (Polonia Warszawa), Artur Sobiech (Polonia Warszawa).

11. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i really like the EK guys that were called up: Peszko, Ebi, Sobiech, Rybus, etc... all very solid choices. hopefully there will be a bit more chemistry and team unity, we could definitely use it. I definitely can not wait for these friendlies, especially to see the unveiling of most of Wisla's remodeled Reymonta :D

12. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yeah, it's probably the most optimal squad Smuda can muster at this time, with few minor exceptions. The photos of the redone Wisla stadium look good, too. Initially I was surprised that they decided on a more traditional look foregoing the more modern designs, like those for the Euro 2012 stadiums.

13. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with all the modern designs, i like what they have done with it. it is still going to have all the modern amenities, a much improvement on old Reymonta. but the new Reymonta will have this sort of throwback feel, sort of along the lines with what you were saying with the more "traditional" look. personally i love it. some of these newer stadiums around the world, can be pretty funky, and even eye-sores :p

as for the few minor exceptions in the squad. what were you expecting, or hoping for? who do you feel in particular, would you have liked to see that was left out? who do you feel should have been left off?

as for my comments earlier about Patryk, I am glad he was left off because he has to prove himself. he has to re-commit himself. he is still young, so he has time. but like many young people, we get emotional and say and do things before thinking. if he goes about things the right way, and learns from his mistakes, i think we will see him included back into the national squad at some point before winter. he is too good of a talent to be left off when he is in form, and by far the only valuable piece that could add anything from my Wisla. he is a pretty dynamic player, but i think one thing with his inexperience on the pitch, is the aspect of him dribbling a bit too much at times. sometimes he has the opportunity for a shot in a decent position but then he dribbles a bit much and puts himself in a more difficult position decreasing his chance to score a goal. i think with time he will figure out what is just right.

as for Boruc, he used to be one of my favorites many years ago. i do not think there is a polish keeper as good as him all-around game, and IF he actually has re-committed himself, he will be soo valuable back for us. i really hope he has the right mindset and is more mature than before, because we really need him and his leadership

14. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    earlier today, i bought my tickets for USA v Poland at Soldier Field in Chicago :D the pre-sale started today, they officially go on sale tomorrow :)

16. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i really like this lineup that Smuda starts with today

POLSKA: 1-Artur Boruc - 21-Łukasz Piszczek, 14-Michał Żewłakow (kapitan), 3-Grzegorz Wojtkowiak, 2-Sebastian Boenisch - 16-Jakub Błaszczykowski, 19-Tomasz Bandrowski, 20-Maciej Iwański, 8-Rafał Murawski, 17-Sławomir Peszko - 11-Ireneusz Jeleń

18. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
  19. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    1:1. Jelen for us, Ukraine ties in ET. I only watched the second half, so can't really comment, other than Poland played better football, and probably deserved to win. I was especially happy with our defense, who finally play fairly well, other than falling asleep in extra time to allow the tying goal.

20. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looking pretty good against the aussies so far in the opening minutes, hopefully they keep it up :)

21. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and just like that, aussies get a chance, a deflection, and a goal :p Holman makes it 1-0 off his deflected shot

13 mins

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great build up by Kuba, Murawski shoots it out to the other flank, Boenisch sends it in and Rewandowski equalizes :D

1-1

18 mins

23. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zewlakow makes stupid foul, commits penalty. Aussies convert and lead 2-1

25 mins

24. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kuba earns Poland a pk in 33 mins, Rewandowski takes a shitty pk that is blocked away. Aussies still lead 2-1

25. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Emerton sent off in 71 mins... Poland now has 11 v 10 advantage