The River End: assigned seating or General Admission

Discussion in 'The River End' started by vevo5, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

The River End: Assigned Seating or General Admission

1. Assigned Seating

28 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. General Admission

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    But there aren't enough people buying tickets in the river end to fill the river end. So what does it matter? If it were ga, we'd have empty sections on the ends

2. TonyClarkDOOP

TonyClarkDOOP Member+

Jun 18, 2010
    Oxford, United Kingdom
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saying, Id rather have empty ends, then empty seats here and there. Not saying GA is good. Just a side note..... I don't even sit in TRE so my opinion is not valid either way. No GA in the Club section for me please.

3. sccaflagger74

sccaflagger74 Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Media, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the River End, or at least part of it should have been GA from the get go. But it wasn't and it won't be now for the reasons Celt and others have spelled out. This continuing discussion is inane.

4. Burdsallinho

Burdsallinho Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    RE season ticket holder here, I am definitely against GA.

5. vevo5

vevo5 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montreal went from Assigned Seating Supporters Section to a General Admission Supporters Section.

So it is possible if the Front Office think it is to their benefit. Better atmosphere.

Onion-FortyOne repped this.
  6. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA

MattyB316 and celt1997 repped this.
  7. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

8. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People in Portland already camping out for GA spots for Sunday game vs Seattle. Just solidified my stance on no GA.

I'm gonna regret topping this

jess370, buzzkiller23 and ericlfd repped this.
  9. CallMeMed

CallMeMed Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time someone bumps this thread Zolo kicks a puppy. Sh!t, now I've done it!

10. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I, too, hate seeing this thread pop up again, this information is important to the debate.

Camping out is an awful thing to force your fans to do. It excludes people who can't give up 3 days of their time to sit out on a street, and it is actually a huge safety risk for those fans.

Agreed that the Portland situation is exactly why GA should not be a part of the Union's plans.

jaykoz3 and cwelch999 repped this.
  11. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So glad the River End is assigned spots. That Portland situation is brutal. Looks like a black friday sale.

hykos1045, jaykoz3, cwelch999 and 2 others repped this.
  12. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some people have said "pro and con" but the con of assigned seating is very much based on theory because it has never been tried and should not be tried. The great part about assigned seating is the sectional "families" that have cropped up (I see you, 138) and if you want a different perspective you can swap your ticket at the FO if there is a valid need, or wait and go choose one at the beginning of next season, much like a high schooler going from grade to grade and getting a new homeroom. As many others have explained it is great to have assigned seats because you feel like you own an actual stake in the RE and are not just part of the mob. Much better to have camping out on a non game day to pick your assigned seat one time than to do this ritual at every game. I really like how the union fans can trickle in and find their seats or they can participate in the march from the parking lot. The point is, the assigned seats gives the union fan MORE CHOICE of how they want to spend their afternoon and a pre-defined choice of where they will eventually sit. The camping out for a seat ritual interferes with the parking lot rituals we already have. When an individual person needs to remove themselves from a section to sit with their friends, it's easy to do with assigned seats because there is an 80% chance that either the seat in front of you or next to you has space for that one more because of a no show. If that person arrives, of course you should yield. In a GA environment, there would be less yielding, and more shoving, and how the heck are you supposed to go to the bathroom? Hey guys, can you watch my seat? What if you all have to go. Oh No no nono non o n o no . Kill this thread now. I can't think of a single legitimate gripe with assigned seating.

jaykoz3 repped this.
  13. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States