The rise and fall of Adam Ledwon

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Mattbro, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    According to www.bundesliga.at, Polish (German?) midfielder Adam Ledwon has just transferred from Austria of Vienna to Admira Mödling. I find Ledwon's story interesting because the guy's career has gone from highly promising to extremely unremarkable within just four years.

Ledwon used to be on Leverkusen's roster, and I used to see him around town quite frequently when I lived there. He never broke into the starting 11, though, and eventually joined Fortuna Cologne on loan (I think) Then Fortuna got relegated to the third division, and Adam transferred down to Austria Wien, where I figured he could be a solid player. No such luck though: after failing to secure a first-team position at Austria, he is now packing his bags for VFB Admira Mödling on the outskirts of Vienna. Mödling is about the most unremarkable team in the Austrian league. They're lucky to get a couple of thousand spectators a match.

So Adam went from one of the top clubs in Europe to one of the weaker ones in just a few short years. I wonder what that feels like? I wish him well though.