The Ricecles RSL football grid is an embarassment thread

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by lprevolution, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Net_Minder

Net_Minder Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Football lines are "THE ENEMY OF SOCCER IN AMERICA!!!11!!!111!!!11" rickker20

2. TigerTheLion

TigerTheLion New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    TFC was in RSL on Wednesday and I was embarassed for their club. I can only imagine what the rest of the football world might think if they tuned into an MLS game and saw that.

As for TFC getting grass, there is all kinds of talk about it (mostly on message boards) but I think that's where it ends. I was really disappointed to hear we were going to be getting turf grass but what can you do. TFC is owned by MLSE who own the Leafs and Rock (lacrosse) as well and they're not interested in doing anything at this time, different priorities.

There has been a lot of talk about expanding the stadium as well but again, think that's just rumour. The east stands are only half the height of the west so we could easily jam another 5,000 into BMO with a little expansion. That's probably not going to happen soon though. We're only in our first season and can't start spending that kinda money yet.

3. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    You saw the RSL Toronto game and you were only embarassed for us because of our grass?!

I'll take that as a compliment.