The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Of course it is because he plays for SLB. I must be trying to showing my "Anti-Befiquista-ism":rolleyes:

A good striker creates his own chances sometimes Nuno needs to be spoonfed goals which SLB does a great job for him. When he plays for the Portuguese NT it is not as easy because the midfield and forwards try scoring themselves alot of the time. And I like Nuno but if you ask me I've seen a lot more promise in Vaz Te then in Gomes, Postiga and Almeida. The kid scores in almost every game or atleast creates something. He looks like the type that will for sure score easy ones and difficult ones alike. Can you say that about Gomes? No because he messes up easy chances. Most Portuguese strikers (including Nuno and Pauletta) need the ball to be handed on a silver platter and they still manage to mess up. So far this kid looks steady and is only getting better.

2. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    there is no disputing that pauleta is in form,but nuno gomes is a has-been.

ricardo vaz te even if he plays with the under 21 or for the world cup squa you will see why he is called the "vazmanian"sparkplug.

i see his foot skills,passes,strength>he is 6'2 and he can shot for yards away.

i say quaresma and vaz te are the two brights spots right now for portugal for the future.

as for cristiano ronaldo,he cant shoot for beans andreally needs to leave man u as soon as possibly nto because he sucks its just that the team is not suited for his style.

3. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    :rolleyes: Back at you junior

Firstly, I never once mentioned Vaz Te. You said that only Pauleta is demonstrating consistency and not to say Gomes because his goals came very easy. I just wanted to know why you thought Pauleta's campaign differs from Nuno's. You include Pauleta when saying Portuguese strikers need the ball to be handed on a silver platter yet you also say he's demonstrating consistency.??:confused:

Why belittle either of their accomplisments? I think they're both having great campaigns.

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    pauleta is leading the scoring race in france
    nuno gomes has like 13 goals and is in form
    ricardo vaz te keeps impressing and has 3 goals

i can say our striker position looks promising:D

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you just said Nuno was a has-been and now you telling us hes in form? Hows the cocaina in Toronto? The colombians putting in work these days huh...

P.S: vazmanian..lol....come one man. I will put up with the White Pearl for Ronaldo....but Vazmanian, sounds like some kind of perscription drug.

6. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto

word.....He hasn't broken into the u-21 NT and you want scolari to call him up for the WC..at whos expense? Pauleta? Gomes? The kid doesn't even have consistent 1st team minutes on a minnow of a team. Let him play in the friendlies and such and worry about euro 2008.

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    junior?...that's cute.
    1. Very true. So why are you posting about Gomes in Vaz's thread?
    Pauletta and Gomes are having good seasons but they are still who they are and what they are is mediocre strikers. Vaz looks like he could be an upper tier striker for the future. I never said that Vaz would or should be on the NT, just that he won't get a chance.

2. Why confused? if the balls are right they're to tap in why wouldn't you be consistant. Atleast they are not missing the easy ones is what I mean. I'm glad that they are both atleast doing that right. Henry or Sheva they are not and will never be close to being.

8. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    I was responding to your post:

"No doubt that Vaz right now is Hot and appears to only be getting better and more comfortable and is showing consistancy that only Pauletta this year is demonstrating (don't say Nuno Gomes I know how many goals he has but please they came very easy)

I took exception to the text in bold and replied asking as to why you think that. So, you mentioned Gomes and Pauleta first. I was replying to your post failing to recognize that Gomes is also having a good season.

Now you say they, originally you said only Pauleta. My whole argument was you had no reason to slag Nuno. Judging by your reply I'm correct as it seems you finally agree they are both having good seasons.

9. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Vaz Te is a kid, asswipe, brat.......whatever you want to call him.

If a guy doesn't start for his club, why shouold he take the place of the two best portuguese strikers right now?

Players should not be picked based on cool name, stylish hair and fancy dress code. This is not the NBA.

10. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    ...or swagger

11. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    DAMN HATERS! :D

Anyway back to the original topic...

I don't know if it's been mentioned but apparently Borgetti is being linked with a move away from England (Benfica one of the rumored clubs interested).

I think Vaz Te will probably begin to play more now, but I think unless he shows something superbly prolific in the remainder of the season (let's say.. maybe 20 goals overall in the season) then he won't be going to the World Cup. I could see him getting a call-up to a friendly. As for the World Cup, I'd say the last striker spot (which hopefully doesn't go to Postiga) is between him and Almeida, which is rather bad because neither of them are solid in the 11 at their teams.

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    pauleta
    gomes
    almeida

vaz te will play for the under 21,where he will tear it up.

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    OK if you misunderstood that's fine.

Let me clarify. Nuno Gomes and Pauletta are having good seasons and that is great as long as the balls go in the net in Germany I will be happy.

Gomes, Pauletta and Postiga have a serious consistancy problem and need alot of assistance to get the balls in the net and that's fine that is why they play on a TEAM.

There are few Strikers who can take things into their own hands. Henry, Sheva, Adriano, Ronaldo but no current Portuguese Striker fits the description. RVT however looks like he could be the one to be our great striker from all the indications we've been getting. He will not be in the WC and I seriously doubt he will play for U-21 all i know is that another country would of given him or would give him a shot to show what he's got before the WC. Even if it was just to light a fire under Nuno, Pauletta or Postiga Scolari should consider playing RVT and Almeida. What could it hurt? Inspire the veterans to try harder? give veterans a break with the already busy league play (Portugal is gonna play vs weak opponents anyway) or give Scolari more options.

All I meant.

14. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i agree put vaz te in that type of situation and he will thrive.

whoever is playing poorly put in vaz te,he seems like he is a sparkplug sub.

on that note hugo almeida is slacking off but his size would easily intimadate other teams.

15. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    This whole question started when I asked if you guys thought Ricardo would play for the under 21's. I dont think anyone really believes that the NT will call him up for the World Cup.

I've just seen the headlines in the UK on Sky Sports stating that Benfica are interested in Borgetti. If Borgetti does go (and I cant see it) that would certainly help Ricardo progress.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=351871&cpid=8&CLID=30&lid=&title=Benfica+eye+Bolton+swoop&channel=premiership

Oh by the way, Geeko79, Bolton Wanderers are not minnows. Still in the Uefa Cup and currently in 7th place in the EPL. This club has had some world class players turning out for them over the last few years. Here are a few:
    Hierro, Djorkaeff, Fadiga, Bobic, Okacha, Stelios, Speed, Nakata, oh and Emerson Thome for all you Benfica supporters. All of these players played international football (excluding Emerson)and not just a couple of times either. Get your facts right.

16. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i still have hope but really scolari isnt scouting england especially vaz te not that i know of.

personally i think right now the under 21 is where he should be but if he scores more goals then he will get peoples attention.

ricardo is a special talent that ive supported to see him succeed but i think getting experience and playing will make him a better player and borghetti is in the way thats why he is being shopped.

17. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Borgetti has played in less games than Ricardo.

18. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    My mistake, Ricardo has been involved in 11 games this season, and Borgetti 15.

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    before when ricardo was on the bench and borghetti was playing.

i dont think they knew ricardo was going to make an impact for the team.

20. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Nice try, so now you're trying to insult my intelligence. Have you ever thought about a career in politics?

That's not what you said in your first post.

21. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Maybe you are right, but surely the club will have noticed his reserve team performances and how well he did in the Toulon Tournament with the Portuguese Under 20's. People have to remeber that whatever level he has played at he has made an impact and has made the step up in class easlily.

Bolton have seen Ricardo improve over the 2 1/2 years that he has been at the club. He was included in the first team squad a few days after his 17th birthday. He is beginning to make it difficult for the manager not to include him. I have a bet on him to score more than 15 goals this season.

22. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    so let me see he is 19,6'2 and has comparisons to thierry henry.

i wonder why sam wants him and to me he probably will sign him to a longterm deal.

any info on his contract?

23. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :confused: Insult your intelligence? because you misunderstood?

Obviously "anti-benfiquista" is created by Benfiquistas.

Not what I said in my first post hmmm...
    Well let's see it is implied in my post that I understand that Nuno is scoring goals but I am refering to "pure Striker" type goals which he does not score. A consistant striker scores those show me Nuno breaking through D's or unloading shots from the outside of the box or something. Anyone can Cherry pick and not fall flat on there face like Nuno did vs who was it Slovakia? He stands in the middle of the box and taps them in Great, amazing that strategy would work well vs Brazil, or Holland, or Greece :rolleyes: And you can kiss his ass from here to across the street and it isn't gonna make it so.

I tried to reason with you and make sense of what I posted but your obviously looking to start something and I really don't have the patience to argue about Nuno Gomes' alleged greatness in a RICARDO VAZ TE thread.

24. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    People keep in mind what they saw by these recent clips of RVT.
    They were spectacular, we have a great future here, but keep in mind is that it was against a 2nd divison team.
    We all pray that he continues playing the same or better, but once he becomes a starter, and perform. Only then can we really excpect to see him on the A team.
    IMO it's a shame the WC didn't come about in 1/2 years time, then he would definitely be in the NT.

25. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Still 3 1/2 years to run.

Dont forget the impact that he has made is not just against Championship opposition. He did it against Arsenal, Everton, Aston Villa and Leicester.