The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks alot man.

2. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Just showing it again right now on Sky Sports news.

3. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
  4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks, Good stuff.

6. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bolton draw Arsenal in the FA Cup.. Looks like Ricardo will have the chance to come up against Mr Henry again.

7. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow what a game

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How did Vaz Te do?

9. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Ties to be played weekend Jan 28/29.

10. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    There is an interesting game this weekend. Bolton play away at Blackburn at 5.15 GMT on Saturday evening. This game is a real local derby (for those of you over in Canada and the States who don't know your UK geography). Only about 12 miles from ground to ground.

I cant see this being a pretty game, more like blood and thunder, but it should be interesting as neither club will want to lose this one.

Sam Allardyce, the Bolton manager has stated that Ricardo will be involved more in the coming weeks.

11. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Do you guys have any thoughts on the possibility of Ricardo making the under 21 squad in the summer? I'd like to hear your views.

12. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think he is ready to make the NT ahead of Helder Postiga, no doubt in my mind! But Scolari is way too stubborn to do the right thing. But no doubt he'll make the Under 21 squad, it would be waste if he didn't.

13. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Who is he likely to drop in the under 21's to make way for Ricardo?

14. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    He doesn't have to drop nobody, IMO he'll take Hugo, Varela, and Ricardo.

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    True Scolari won't be giving Ricardo any shot and I doubt the under 21 will give him a shot either. Because he is not playing in Portugal or a "marquee" team. So therefore in the ridiculous minds of the FPF whatever he does in Bolton dosen't matter.

Unlike Brazil who gave Robinho a chance Portugal only gives shots to those who have repeatedly failed (Frechaut, Postiga) Vaz won't even be eligable for the next Euro squad if Scolari remains in charge.

Too bad young players have a history of making a name for themselves on big stages: Owen-WC, Ronaldo-Euro, Rooney-Euro to name some recent ones.

No doubt that Vaz right now is Hot and appears to only be getting better and more comfortable and is showing consistancy that only Pauletta this year is demonstrating (don't say Nuno Gomes I know how many goals he has but please they came very easy)

I feel like I keep repeating myself whenever I talk abot RVT.

16. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hopefully a spot will open when Ricardo Quaresma gets called up to the NT for the WC... ;)

17. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    That is a good point. I can not beleive that we are so deep in the striker position that there is no room for this guy :rolleyes: Of all positions, this is the one that we have traditionally not done well with.

18. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Why even mention Nuno if you don't think much of his campaign thus far? However, I'd like to try and understand why you think his leading the league in scoring came as you say "very easy".

Pauleta leads La Ligue with 13 goals, Nuno Leads Liga betandwin.com with 12 and scored one in the Supertaça, the eventual winner I might add. Is it because the Portuguese league pales in comparison to the French? I don't know, I'm just trying to understand is all.

19. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes he is scoring but his goals all seem like tap in's or gimmie's that anyone can put in. "Striker" type goals he is not netting, let's see him net in some by maneuvering through defense or shooting from outside the box like Vaz is doing or as he himself did in 2000 vs France

Opportunistic? deffinately, Well Posisioned? Yes, most of the time. Reliable? not so sure. Great goal scorer? if by tally yes, if by quality of the goals (effort, skill) No.

20. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    well said, my opinion exactly.

21. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    None of that makes any sense and deep down you know that. Maybe, it's because he plays for SLB. You've just defined a Striker with your post. You're implying that it's not how many but how pretty??? C'mon, are you kidding me with this logic. Nuno Gomes is not that poacher you speak of, he's one of the best at holding the ball, gain position and dishing it off all the while building on attack.

22. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Perhaps his more well known deficiency is not being able to create his own chances, and if one is able to do that he becomes a good forward not just average...

23. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Fact still remains, he leads his respective league in goals regardless. Why is it that Pauleta is having a heck of year as a leading scorer whilst Nuno is well, having it easy.?

24. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Ricardo is a good goal scorer, but not to lead a country into a WC. Right now i would have to take Pauleta and Nuno Gomes. They are the leading scorers of their leagues....pretty goals mean nothing, i would have taken a deflection of Costinhas balls if Pauleta had scored against Greece in the Euro.

25. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Eloquently put!