The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh baby another goal! I think he knows he needs to just get his stamina on and thats its over for the competition!

2. Carlillos2theMex

Apr 22, 2006
    Güiscansen
    I disagree with the natural born goal scorer part. He's young and he'll get a lot better

3. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    i have to agree with nixon that he is a natural born scorer. did you see his reserve form, goal after goal after goal. that nose for the net cannot be taught. hell, during his bolton trial game, he netted a hat trick.

as you say, the kid is young. i think every1 can agree that henry is a natural goal-scorer yet he had trouble finding the net initially in his career and was thought to be a bust until his early to mid twenties. as vaz te gets more comfortable and confident, we will see what he can really do.

4. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    yer a natural born goal scorer isnt any reference to current or potential ability its just one of those unseen stats, a play who has the nac of being in the right place at the right time, he has a lot more to come its just when you watch him play you can see he has the right movement, passion and just knows where the net is. The header he scored against middlesbrough in my opinion showed exactly that, he just rose past the defender and put the ball out of reach of the goal keeper with power and presision that to me showed a great attitude towards his play, no one could have done that better.

5. Ste316

Ste316 New Member

May 7, 2006
  6. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    He made a great impact today, apart from the goal he caused several problems for Birmingham's defence, beating men and some good through balls to Borgetti. I don't know why he didn't start.

7. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    vaz did the business yesterday against Birmingham. It wasn't a good game to watch.. a real end of season affair. Allardyce needed to change it and did so early in the second half. His goal was well taken, but his two through balls to Borgetti and Davies were excellent. He really looked like he enjoyed it.

Did take a knock in the game, and ended up doing his lap of honour with the team with only his left boot on and limping!

8. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    6 Goals in 8 starts for Ricardo this season in the first team. Yes he did have a number of sub appearances too.

9. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Im proud of the kid...he really has shown that he can step up his game if he is given a good chance.

10. boltonwanderer_rvt

boltonwanderer_rvt New Member

May 4, 2006
    Diouf and Davies are the holding strikers whereas Vaz Te does stand out as a natural goal scorer. His record for the reserves and for Portugal shows that. Theres no other player that plays more like Henry, using the left wing so well. He's even exactly the same height and they can both run 100m in 10 seconds!

11. boltonwanderer_rvt

May 4, 2006
    Anyone got the videoclip of his goal against Birmingham?

+ any classic goals such as the one he scored in the UEFA cup

12. boltonwanderer_rvt

May 4, 2006
    Surely someones got that great goal he scored against Vitoria Guimaraes? Any chance someone can pm me about it or can they put the video on here to watch. The old link doesn't work.

13. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    i used to have them all, i know i have some on my computer, you will have to wait until UPS gets it here back from school. im not sure if i have that great one against guimaraes anymore though :(

14. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So many CR videos but No Ricardo Vaz te or Nani?

Quaresma 2020 got hurry up and do sme more videos.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am slowing getting a Ricardo Vaz Te video together. Need a couple more clips unfortunetly....

16. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why do you make things up?

I was fine with you the day you admitted to Marco and I that you know shit about football and are just learning, but why do you pretend to know things you don't?

Regular on the youth squads... Like Totti is right? :rolleyes:

17. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Totti? Aristotle de Carvalho is someone thats has fallen off the radar.

The Only person who might know what he has done lately is Roy but He plays for Southhampton.

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    SouthHampton reserves I am guessing? How old is he anyways? 17?
    He should be starting to make an impact soon...

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He reminds me of Drogba but I think he is a Striker but I he has potential.

20. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    He has had a slower year as two things happen

- He played less games because the Southampton Under 18 is stacked

- He also played on the wing and in the midfield and not striker that is why he had only 7 goals compared to 31 last year

21. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So do you think England is not a Good place for Portuguese talent to thrive because Vaz te is in the same Situation.

Totti is a Good player maybe it hinders he playing when he plays Midfielder.

********en English:mad:

22. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
  23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah I particularly don't like the "Totti" nickname. Too Italian for me...

24. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
  25. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005