The Ricardo "Q-man" Quaresma Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by fcp4life, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah but Robinho struggled to find consistency in Madrid, the same will happen to Quaresma I believe.

2. mantorras77

mantorras77 Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Boston, MA USA
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I just don't see him staying in Porto. PC has to have something up his sleeve. I mean if he stays and Lucho stays then what happens to Cebola and Mariano?

3. rdteixeira

rdteixeira Member

Jul 6, 2004
    San Leandro, CA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree. I can't see him returning this year. Quaresma has got to move on. But if his head is right and he comes back then I wouldn't shed any tears. That's a BIG if, though.

4. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    lol he played today agianst sevilla... don't know where I read he got released :rolleyes:

but yeah, if Quaresma returns and he steps up, Porto could do very well this year.

5. rdteixeira

rdteixeira Member

Jul 6, 2004
    San Leandro, CA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It'll be interesting if Quaresma becomes Real Madrid's sloppy seconds. Even with thousands of miles between them, Sir Alex might get another chance to screw Mourinho.

6. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    PDC has to lower his price tag. If he doesnt unload Quaresma after all the speculation this offseason there's no way Quaresma's head will be in it if he stays at Porto.

I believe Inter are still in it even though Moratti said otherwise and Real might jump in last minute as well.

[​IMG]

7. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Supposedly he's gonna be gone within 48 hours.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah its 20 Million Euros now instead of 40.

9. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've also been hearing rumours of Liverpool being in the mix. I think I saw it in a article on goal.com. I would rather see him go to the premier league versus Serie A. The Barclay's would really help him mature as an individual and a player, look at what it has done for Cristiano, he became arguably the best player in the world.

10. manichefan

manichefan Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you can take the "arguably" out of that last sentence!:D

11. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haha I just put arguably because I didn't want to say he is the flat out cuz there is so much to base it on. But I believe is is the best in the world right now. It's like a cleaner commercial, they remove 99.9% of all germs and bacteria, because they can't remove absolutely everything. :p

12. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I think he would have achieved that at any of the leagues that he would have played at. It was not Barclay that made CR what he is today. In Quaresma's case, I just dont know about him anymore. He definitely needs discipline in his life. I think this would come more from who ever coached him as oppose to what league he plays in.

13. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That is true, but the reffing is also different in different leagues and the competition is stronger in the Premier League and there is a better talent level in the Premier League versus the Portugese Liga, if Cristiano stayed at Sporting I do not think he would be as good and as disciplined as he is today.

14. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its going to push through. Quaresma does not want to stay in Portugal anymore. He has done everything that is possible in that league.

16. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope he goes to Liverpool, they could use a solid winger and it would be good for him to go to the Premier League and hopefully Rafa will teach him so discipline.

17. manichefan

manichefan Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    TICK TOCK...TICK TOCK....
    Deadline is rapidly approaching!

18. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    doesnt look like its gonna happen, would be very sad if he stayed because he would more than likely have absolutely no motivation to play consistently. Would be good for Porto if he can produce his good form though.

19. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think if he does not get transferred before the end of the window he will be angry with the club for not letting him go sooner and won't play well consistently and then when the window opens back up no one will want him and he will be stuck there in "limbo".

20. rdteixeira

rdteixeira Member

Jul 6, 2004
    San Leandro, CA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hallelujah! Finally. I will miss the excitement that Quaresma can produce, but I am looking forward to seeing what Pele can contribute. But I guess I will only truly believe it when I see Quaresma sitting next to Jose at the press conference.

21. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes!!!!! This means Figo to the bench where he's more useful at this point in his career and Quaresma to start. Just what inter needed.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pele is going to fit very well into Porto system.

23. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Aww, I wish Liverpool could have snagged him last min like Bayern snagged Oddo from Lyon but I hope him the best at Inter.

24. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I had hoped it was going to be more like $25 million plus Pele but at this point and time, I can't complain. Good luck to Quaresma; thanks for your services.
    I'm sure Porto put a clause in there that says if he decides to play in Portugal again, he can't sign with any other team other than Porto ...