The Rhythm Section - Beat Fan Club Forming

Discussion in 'Atlanta Beat' started by kbritt1967, Aug 23, 2010.

1. kbritt1967

kbritt1967 Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool! supermoo, I've sent you a message about meeting before the game. Shawn, if we start a fan club, could we talk with you about Beat support in the area of access to info (like, if we did a fan-based newsletter, for example)?

2. supermoo

supermoo New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ominous words from Johnson

Maybe Brewhouse would believe there were some interest if we all called them and requested that they play a televised away game, and pushed for it, and then showed up en-masse to watch.
    If they won't do it, I know some business owners on the upper West side of town who would be happy to support the team and have our business.
    (kbritt, i'll reply to your msg tonight after i talk with my better half ;)

3. Crazy Old Lady

Crazy Old Lady New Member

May 22, 2003
    just outside Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    England

QUOTE:-Also, CROG1967 & I were discussing trying to organize a real fan club, like the Riptide or the (now defunct) Laclede's Army. Would like to discuss this with you (supermoo, CrazyOldLady, & others are you interested, too?). QUOTE

Definitely interested.Will talk to you both on Saturday.We need some chants/songs etc.

4. kbritt1967

kbritt1967 Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

YES, definitely chants!!! If we can get this fan group thing going, we could even have signs with the words on them to lead the crowd in chanting. Got some ideas watching the EPL this weekend. See you Saturday!

5. supermoo

supermoo New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Can i make a request for everyone to please consider?

POSITIVE CHANTS. POSITIVE ATMOSPHERE. POSITIVE POSITIVE POSITIVE.

It doesn't have to be "pollyanna", but i am so, so, so not interested in slamming anyone, taunting anyone, or trying to "psych" anyone out in any way - and i think environments like that detract from the atmosphere and the fun of the game.
    i would love for our city to be known for true southern hospitality - where players from opposing teams say things like "i wish we had fans like that" first, and "i really like playing in Atlanta" second.

6. kbritt1967

kbritt1967 Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Totally agree, supermoo. I would much rather chant & cheer for OUR players & team than taunt & put down the other team. But, can we please taunt the really bad refs? I think that's something that all teams/players/coaches/fans would appreciate. ;)

7. supermoo

supermoo New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

On that count (refs), i have been known to throw out adamant boos in the past with great enthusiasm when it was called for ;)
    But, my "brilliant verbal ability" ends up being commuted to "come on ref, seriously?", along with a very enthusiastic throwing of the hands in the air.
    Would be fun to come up with something fun that got our point across.
    Here's a question - we have season tix - pretty good seats. Britt - you do too. So how would that play into the "fan club" area?
    Some friends had thrown around The Rhythm for a name - i just think it would be cool to have the fan section be "the atlanta rhythm section" :)

8. Atlanta Beat GM

Atlanta Beat GM New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat

Love the thoughts. You would certainly have our support in helping you market the club to the Beat faithful. And, we will help however we can. Bring on the ideas....

9. kbritt1967

kbritt1967 Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's funny--Crog & I had talked about the "Rhythm Section" too...sounds like we're on the same wavelength. Also, we were wondering about the good seats, too. I'm not so willing to give up my Center Circle seats to sit in the endzone. Maybe, with the Beat management's help, we could have two different level's of fan club seating?

10. supermoo

supermoo New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Same here - we're on-field, and despite the sun, we love being right on the action. i'd hate to give that up!
    So what else? What other ideas?
    Maybe we could christen a new watering hole that would play away games and web casts for us?
    Maybe a caravan or carpooling to the games?
    Maybe tailgating (esp. weekends) or pre-game meets at a local restaurant? (we usually hit Ippolitos).
    What else?

11. Crazy Old Lady

May 22, 2003
    just outside Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Have one song from the Wusa Beat time( we sang it on the bus to the semi's at Carolina and at the game) to the tune of Rule Britannia.Will make some copies for Saturday.Also have permission to bring a megaphone to the games.

Will always be positive except re Lousy Officials+ dirty play and then it's gloves off,without profanity though.

Atlanta Rhythm Section sounds great.

12. AtlBeaterteacher

AtlBeaterteacher New Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Kennesaw
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

count me in as well.:)

13. AtlBeaterteacher

Aug 14, 2010
    Kennesaw
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

crazy old lady knows them all - brilliant at heckling the refs :cool:

14. Crazy Old Lady

May 22, 2003
    just outside Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Thanks but it's a Team effort.Y'all are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good News another Fan Supporter Group starting !!! We have been working with Philly and they make announcements for joining the group at the last 2 home games... We are launching next season but are working on gearting everything up this year

Currently we have signups sheets at the games, we just got our website up, and we are thowing a tailgate before the game next week to get everyone to know each other...

Love to share ideas with you all and we can help each other get people involved. Current motto - By the fans, For the Fans.

See if the place that team trains at or a resturant will give you an hour or 2 of meeting place time

anyway the Ref heckling I like is

Your Not fit
    Your not fit
    Your not fit to refferree
    Your not fit to refferree
    Go (Teams Nickname 3X)

16. Crazy Old Lady

May 22, 2003
    just outside Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    England

How about" I like wildlife
    I like zebras
    I like penguins too
    But the only one who should be in a Zoo Is YOU,Referee

17. katndogs

katndogs New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    atl
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Hi all,
    I am so excited about this new development. I am 100% committed to making the fan club/task force a success. I'm a huge Beat fan, and a fan of supermoo's to boot :)
    See you all on Saturday!

18. supermoo

supermoo New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since there are a ton of posts and we seem to have hijacked the "Ominous Words" thread (sorry to the original posters on it!), I'm starting a new thread here.

Several people have mentioned and are highly interested in starting a true "by the fans, for the fans" fan/supporters club to support the team, enjoy the camaraderie of fellow footy fans, and help spread the news about the Beat.

As Shawn (AtlantaBeatGM) has mentioned - their marketing budget is not unlimited, and it is going to take a real grassroots effort to ensure the success of the team.

Please post your thoughts, ideas, what you'd like to see, how you think we could help the team, etc here.

19. Crazy Old Lady

May 22, 2003
    just outside Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The posts from #41 onwards on the"Ominous Words From Johnson" thread are relevant and make good reading also.

20. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I went ahead and merged over (17) posts from the other thread to here. I figure y'all had some good thoughts and convo going, so why leave them? I tried moving all that had just SC talk in them and left the ones dealing just with the Beat issues.

Sorry about the post order. When I merge, it does it from first to last. :-\ People will figure it out. :D

21. Atlanta Beat GM

Atlanta Beat GM New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    We would be happy to offer up the Super Suite or the Press Conference Room in the locker room area for your first meeting. Just let me know.

22. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, Bonnie.:)

23. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent!:D

24. katndogs

katndogs New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    atl
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FYI, I reached out to a few folks who are pretty active on twitter. Got a couple of positive responses already. Looking forward to Sat, for many reasons.

25. AtlBeaterteacher

Aug 14, 2010
    Kennesaw
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

@saarnett - Is me on twitter. Just send me details when and where for Saturday and I'll see you then.