Review: The Revs season ticket numbers in '07 and '08 were...

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by wolfp10, Mar 24, 2009.

1. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    3,502 and 4,001, respectively, according to the Overview of MLS Team Proforma, presented to The Powers That Be as part of the Portland Timbers bid for stadium funding. Specific numbers are presented on page 16.

Some other tidbits related to the Revs...

2007 value of the team, according to Forbes, was $27 million, with $10 million in revenue and -$1.5 million in operating income.

Club seats are $900 per season per event.

2. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Which makes the lack of a sponsor even more dumbfounding. Even on the cheap by MLS standards, that would have cut the 2007 losses in half.

3. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Encouraging that they went up, but depressing numbers overall. The fact that we're 6th isn't bad, but the season ticket sales seem pretty poor given how Vancouver sold 5k (so far), Toronto sold 16k, and Seattle have 20k.

4. martinryan13

martinryan13 New Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Cape Cod/Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for posting this. i'm writing a business proposal involving the revs/sss for a mgmt class so this should be some valuable information

5. Leather D

Leather D New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Boston
    Interesting. I wonder whether that is just the Revs or also includes MLS and SUM membership/assets?

6. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    So Dicks is only paying $2M/year for the naming rights? Thats seems way too low

7. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Does anyone have the season tickets totals for Revs since 96 till present?

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I'm willing to bet that the Revs would respond to this by saying that they calculate season ticket numbers differently from how they were for his particular "overview," and as such, wouldn't put too much stock in it.

9. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I *think* attendance bottomed out in 2006. There haven't been dramatic improvements, but I think the attendance is on a very modest upswing the last two years.

And, I *think* I remember hearing someone from the Revs quoted as saying that our season ticket numbers for this year are up from last.
    It's the new franchise factor - and it's not only in MLS. Many, many cities w/o a team will generate a huge upswell in anticipation of and for a honeymoon period for a new team.

They *may* keep up those numbers after 5 years, but if they do, they'll be breaking new ground in MLS, because history suggests they won't.

10. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sum is included as a revenue allocation.

11. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Sounds like Beckham-package bs to me.

They need an authentic "sounding" of the depths and not one done over a known submarine volcano.

5,500 souls motivated to pay separately for a playoff game sounds about right to me.

Season tickets renewals up this year from last? Tell the lovely and gracious Jackie that, she'll be thrilled, cause it sure didn't sound like it from the people I've talked to.