The Revs chances as of 9/8

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by JMMUSA8, Sep 8, 2002.

1. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pretty good i think. Here's what it comes down too.

2 Chicago Loses and a Revolution win and the Revs get in, or a Fire loss and a Fire Tie and a revolution win and a tie, the revs get in.

2 Columbus loses and a Revolution win and the revs get in (Tiebreaker in effect)

2 Kansas City Loses and either 2 Revs wins or a Revs win and Tie and the revs get in.

3 Metrostars loses or 2 Loses and a tie and 2 revs wins or a revs win and tie and the revs get in.

If we get in, we have a good shot at taking the #2 seed. Prayin that DC takes both games and that Columbus and Chicago run themselves dry, we also have to pray that we can beat the Burn. Lets go for a tie, better yet, lets go for the win, I like our chances.

2. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about just win both games an you dont have to worry about anything else!!!!!

3. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but all Metro has to do is beat DC once and the Revs have ZERO shot at the number two. The ideal scenario would be two CBus-Fire draws and two Rev wins. That puts the Revs ahead of both, and at worst a #7 seed.

Also, don't count on KC losing twice to Colorado. The Rapids are probably the most schitzo club in MLS, if they follow their recent pattern, they'll get smoked in KC but beat them solidly in Denver.

However, as revsrock says, 2 wins puts the Revs in! Both Chicago and Columbus can't end up with 38 or more points. I never thought I'd be saying this in July.

4. JG_Revs

JG_Revs Moderator

Sep 11, 1999
    Boston
    We could end up playing Metro in the 2v7 matchup.

We basically need 4 points and KC to get 0, or 6 points and KC to get up to 2.

5. soren_k

soren_k New Member

Oct 28, 2001
    It'll be interesting to see if Nicol plays for 1 or 3 points away to Dallas. I'm hoping he goes for the win, but we're much more likely to get through with 4 points then 3...

6. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    VERY interesting point.

I think he'll continue to do as he has, in going for the away draw.

I'm nervous. :)