The Return of Lucho the Legend: The 2014-15 Season Thread, Part I

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    yea, i was just reading those stories too. they're saying that aguero is still the first choice, but that they have Reus lined up in case that doesn't work out. they were speculating that there may already be a verbal agreement between Barca and Reus. another alternative that is being seriously considered is Gonzalo Higuain. Thomas Muller is also considering his options this summer.

another interesting story from Sport/EMD is that Guardiola is considering selling Schweinsteiger and trying to sign Cesc. Schweini might be an interesting alternative to Koke - although I'd be very surprised to see Bayern let him go.

2. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Regarding Marco Reus - some sources say he is going to sign for us after the world cup as now we have personal agreement with him or something .
    Sources are (Btv ,CS ,Sport ) still all of them are unreliable , I guess

3. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    the interesting part is that Reus has a release clause of 35m euros. so if there's already a verbal agreement, there's not much BVB can do (similar to the Goetze transfer). So this deal probably hinges on what happens with aguero - at this point aguero is the bigger name who would bring more prestige and 'ilusion' to the club (although Reus could change that with a stand out WC performance), plus he's messi's BFF, so I can understand Barca making the effort to woo him away from City. and they'll probably spend all summer doing that, knowing they can close a deal for Reus relatively quickly if that doesn't work out, since they already have a verbal agreement+a fixed (and reasonable) price.

4. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Love Kun as a player but he's always bladdy injured !

puyol repped this.
  5. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Looks like we've signed Rakitec from Seville !!!! Hope we are going to sign a predatory striker to get on the end of all his crosses and free kicks into the box !

6. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Edit .... maybe we will sign his fellow Croatian ..... Mario Mandzukic ...

7. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    @barcastuff: Barcelona have decided to sign two midfielders this summer. Rakitic is close to signing and negotiations on Koke have started. [sport]

both great players, but i'm worried it is starting to look more like both cesc and xavi might be leaving.

8. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Pretty sure they are tbh ...

Xavi would be best as a bit player and a kinda player /coach ...I love Cesc but somethings clearly wrong behind the scenes ...

9. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, one mystery less now, it seems: Masch is extending his contract (now 2016) to 2018.

Not official yet, but it will happen. Two cents: good thing we keep him.

10. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Now official:

Official: The contract of Javier Mascherano (29) has been renewed until 2018, with an option for an extra year, buyout fee 100M

lol at them learning from Thiago fiasco :cool:

11. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So we've apparently pulled out of the race for Koke and one of our other targets Reus is out for a few months due to ankle ligament damage /(

12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I wouldn't take the "Barca give up Koke chase" stuff too seriously. Long summer left, hundred twists in transfer market left.

Yeah - horrible for Reus. I dunno how seriously that affects any possible Reus transfer plans, but for sure it's not to cool to miss the World Cup because of a injury in a friendly a week before the WC starts.

13. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm confused, we have another transfer thread. I think this should be posted there

14. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I can't see any Barca transfer rumours thread ... Please post a link . Thanks !!

15. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Didn't Zincubus, like, start that transfer thread?

:D

17. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Quite possibly but cant locate now as my iPad isn't showing any thread I participate in , for some reason I can only view unread and subscribed ...

18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  20. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Looks like one of those lists where name recognition and past exploits matter more than current form. A lot of these guys are injured, on the bench, or have been out of form for awhile.

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From one Camp Nou to another... Barca will host Club Leon of Mexico in the Gamper on Aug 18.

22. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Rafa Marquez no doubt played a role in that decision.

23. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Its time for Neymar to stop helping Messi to remain the best and Its time for Messi to help Neymar become the best. Ole!! :D

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    it's time for neymar, messi and suarez to help Barca become the best. Ole! :)

25. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    unpopular opinion but for me Alexis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> suarez specially with the formation we are playing , i have seen suarez play as a winger a couple of times and he is no where near alexis , and since messi is already occubying the cf position which suarez is most suitable in then it's better to keep alexis ,, at least thats what i think.