The return of EZ??

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by aaron90025, Nov 19, 2004.

1. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    I have a strong gut feeling the good ole' EZ is on his way back to the Galaxy. There's just no way in hell Chivas will field a guy from the carribean islands. As far as I know he knows no spanish and would be completely out of place with Chivas's so-called "Hispanic based team"

IMO, I feel he's going to be traded to the Galaxy in the upcoming super draft...........

...Let me be the first,

Welcome back EZ!!!!!

2. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    memo for EZ!!!!

3. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does EZ help us really?

He was always my favorite player but I don't see him as a big upgrade over Albright at right back.

4. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    Good question. I really don't know either.

I also don't really know what is to come of Albright......superdraft??

5. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smart move by the Goats to take EZ. Experienced defender. Capt for his national side who have already been knocked outta the WC and LA fans are familer with him. I'm pretty certain he'll be starting for Chivas on opening day.

We've a better chance of getting Matt Taylor.

6. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    how does memo help us?

7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why do we have to do any trades with Chuck Fivas?

If they don't have anybody that we want, we shouldn't bother with them.

And as much as I loved EZ back in the day, I don't think he or Matt Taylor is an upgrade from our current players.

8. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not a good idea to start trading with Chivas.

Lakers - Clippers - no trades
    White Sox - Cubs - no trades
    Mets - Yankees - no trades

When there are two teams in the same city, its too easy for a fan of a player to defect to the other team after a trade.

9. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did someone say Easy

AP Reports

Fresh off the wire, EZ's reaction to coming back to L.A.

"Aw, never, I'm just too clever
    So, in fact, that no one can sever
    A blow from a maniac and yo, I make it clear
    So a register is all I hear
    Money overturned, then I jet
    To make another hit, for you to go and get
    The HDC sold out because you love it
    Another example of how Eazy duz it "

10. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is fun.

May I be next?

How does Sasha help us?

11. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    I am happy with just losing one in the exp. draft, however, I would've liked for more players to go had the right ones been left unprotected. Seeing Pete or someone like Sasha (though he has his moments) go to ReAL SLC could shake the system up for the better.

Overall, though...I don't think Arturo brought that much to the table and I'm not too sad to see him go. He's a decent player, but quite simply did not deserve the time that was being handed to him on a silver platter by Sampson...

12. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    So...Ezra was traded from the Gs because the team felt that he was expendable, and now...2 years later and 2 years older...he's suddenly good enough to be back on the roster?

The whole "EZ" phenomonen reminds me a bit of the Ruiz 2002 phenomonen, though to a lesser extent. Players have a great year or two, after which they are given several "bye years" of decline and are still spoken of as if they were still in that previous form.

My sources tell me that Arnold Schwarzeneggar is against Ezra coming back to the Galaxy. Can't argue with that.

13. Kermit

Kermit New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Heaven
    We have to do trades with Chivas.

They have players we want, so why not bother them?

And as much as I didn't like EZ back in the day, I think he or Matt Taylor is an upgrade from our current players.

PS. Ribbit.

14. feyenoord!!

feyenoord!! Member

Jun 1, 2004
    USA

spare me, the guy is history

15. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it that hard for you guys to believe thye took the best possible player available regardless of ethnic backgroung and liguistics abilities?

16. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

But, you have to factor in salary. My guess: Torres is near the league minimum. So on a Skill/$ basis he may rate pretty high.

17. latino626heat

latino626heat Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pasadena Cali
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

you are right on EZ comin back to L.A., it will happen, as for "Hispanic based team" let me rephrase that its "Mexican based team" :cool:

18. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    ok..but when it happens, don't try to post one of those "oh, yay, welcome back EZ" because I'll remind you of your words.

IMO that is of course.

19. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    so explain the few white dudes and one carribean guy they just picked up.

Exactly.......TRADEBAIT!

20. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    Assuming this is the case and everybody in MLS knows it (or at least suspects it), this seems like a somewhat dangerous strategy for Chivas. If everyone knows the Goats are eager to move non-Hispanic players off the roster, doesn't the value of those players decrease instantly?

21. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Question:
    If Chivas USA wants to offload EZ...why do we automatically assume that he goes to the Galaxy? Because he has a house in LA? A house trumps Sampson's master plan, assuming that Sampson wants to turn this team into a champion?

Putting an aging EZ on this team does nothing for the Gs except eat up $$ better spent elsewhere. The guy brought nothing to the table when he was traded, and no amount of fond memories of his days of glory (four years ago?) is going to change that.

22. annoying

annoying New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    USA
    (IMO)The G's this last season had alot to be desired.

Maybe if we get EZ back he would help with the midfield/forward problem (his long runs up the line)

Just a thought.

23. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    well first your assuming that sampson a) has a master plan, or b) it's a good one ;) (exhibit a: bringing in alan gordon when we had 4 other strikers. exhibit b: sitting both herzog and grabavoy).

and ez got us some serviceable players in the trade. broome and suarez both contributed to the cause.

24. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    We'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out. Sampson had the excuse that he was running Sigi's team this year. Next year he won't. I still think you've never given Sampson 1/100th of the support you gave to Sigi when he was atrocious for the entire 2003 season, but that's another matter. If Sampson doesn't trot out an attacking team capable of winning games next season, I'll call him out as well.

My comment was about EZ and his not bringing anything to the table, not who we picked up in the trade.

25. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's true.

But the cases ARE different. Sigi had a record of accomplishment, titles and trophies that (in the view of some) entitled him to some leeway when he hit a bad patch. Sampson didn't have that, so any tolerance of him would be based on hope, not loyalty for having done a good job.

I will repeat my prior prediction: Steve Sampson will not win the number of titles Sigi did, and will not last as long as LAG coach as Sigi did.

But, he is the coach now for better or for worse, and I wish him only well. And I will be watching him closely and do not think he gets more than next year at the helm without showing some major improvement.