The Renamed 'random thoughts about music' thread"?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by nicodemus, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I grew up listening to new age/smooth jazz on a local station as a kid. I never evolved with it past my mid teens, when I moved to Tampa Bay and had neighborhood kids introduce me to Mr. Big and Primus and the popular stuff they liked. Still interesting to look back on, though. *blush*

2. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    This popped up on my FB today:

[​IMG]

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  3. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    Released 50 years ago yesterday, February 12th.

[​IMG]

Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach

Chesco United repped this.
  4. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've been listening to a lot of Bon Scott era AC/DC today. Good stuff.

crazypete13 repped this.
  5. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    #1555 crazypete13, Apr 26, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    I’ve been on a Pavement kick of late since they reissued the deluxe version of Terror Twilight: Farewell Horizontal.

I’ve been listening to Pavement since ‘94 when Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain was released. Over the last 28 years they’ve been a mainstay in my music rotation, whether via cassettes/CDs in the car, stereos or boomboxes era, or once the tracking internet came along - via iPod, iTunes, or Spotify in the last 15 years - they own my top total plays, with seven songs in my Top 50, so today, they’re my favourite band.

I wore out at least one CD of each of their first three albums before they broke up in ‘99, so I was stoked when they started their album reissue series in ‘02 with Slanted & Enchanted: Luxe & Reduxe, on the ten year anniversary of the OG release, followed up two years hence with Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain: LA’s Desert Origins, both of which are a treasure trove of their early/noisy awesomeness.

The ten-year anniversary for 1995’s ‘Messterpiece’ Wowee Zowee came and went, with no reissue, meh, slacker band, whatevs. Didn’t have to wait long though as ‘06 saw the Wowee Zowee (Sordid Sentinals Edition), and ‘08 Brighten The Corners: Nicene Creedence Ed. both reissued eleven years after their initial release, cool.

So it was with great anticipation in 2010 that I, and other Pavement fans awaited this reissue:
    Instead we had to settle for the tour and the best of release: Quarantine The Past.

It’s now 23 years after the initial release and we’ve finally got the deluxe Terror Twilight edition, and I’ve been listening to it a ton.

Though it’s kinda odd when you finally get resolution on something you’ve been waiting on for quite a while, you sorta miss the anticipation when it’s over, but you can now put the record on whenever you want.

yossarian and luftmensch repped this.
  6. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have my tickets for the Atlanta show in the fall. Can't wait.

crazypete13 repped this.
  7. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Len repped this.
  8. Footix

Footix Member