The Red Baron: Josh Sargent at Norwich City

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Giving up the ball because of tired legs" No, giving up the ball because of showing the ball to the opponent.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bremen is a very weak side. They are at MLS-midlevel status. No wonder they struggle at the end of the season when most teams iron out their issues and Bremen continues to play amateur ball.

3. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been better since moving to the wing. More aerial & strength advantage, defense coming into play more, & can sneak instead of sprint behind the d.

SteelyTom and Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  4. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remarkable they're upper mid table atm. Doing it w/ smoke & mirrors. Maybe Kohfeldt isn't as bad of a coach as we thought or it's a fluke.

5. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has been better since moving to the wing... although I am not sure if it was the position change... I mean... he did score before moving from the 9 to the wing.... He has just been a lot better since scoring. Hope he uses this as a spring board... because he squandered several chances in the 1st half... but perhaps it was because it had been so long since he has had those kinds of opportunities. I dunno. But a tail of two halves to be sure and Bremen keeps getting points w/ Sargent in the lineup.

6. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did he score before moving to wing? He made the run from the perimeter & scored at an angle. Maybe he just took up that space. Does cover a lot of ground during a game.

7. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that is what I call a decent shooting opportunity. It takes a team to produce that kind of play. Good for all of them!

SteelyTom, ChrisSSBB and Winoman repped this.
  8. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Nice finish for him, as he had quite a bit to do even on a clean breakaway. Just happy to have a week of silence from the critics. Another point taken, and this team remains top half despite being awful. They are successful when Sargent plays, both end of last year and this one.

UncagedGorilla repped this.
  9. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They started the same way last year and faded by the end.

10. gruenweiss87

gruenweiss87 Member

Werder Bremen
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Not comparable. Last season we tried to play a possession-focused game that had made us successful in 18/19. It worked okay early on but the 10+ injured players we constantly had before Corona really took its toll then. We then finished in the top half of the post-Corona break table playing the style that we're now playing. It's not pretty but it helps us getting through a rough time.

11. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    I'm going with fluke/product of an easy early schedule. Their two wins are against Schalke and Bielefeld, both of whom figure to be in the relegation battle. Then they're been able to scrape together some ugly draws against mid-table teams, but haven't played any of the big boys yet.

The plus side is, though, that this is probably a good enough recipe to stay up--beat the other relegation contenders and scrape up some draws against mid-level teams, and you should be in good enough shape, even if you trounced by the top teams. So, I think they'll sink in the standings as the season goes on, but bottom out a couple spots above the automatic relegation ones.

KenC and thedukeofsoccer repped this.
  12. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s likely somewhere in the middle

jnielsen repped this.
  13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love that Sarge set up like he was taking the curler to the far post only to bring it back and go near post. He wrong footed the keeper cause of it.

14. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    They were about a .500 team after the restart, I think about 10 games (which pretty much coincided with Sargent being installed in the starting 11), so not sure what you are referencing.

LouisianaViking07/09 and comoesa repped this.
  15. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    He's done that before. He's a clever player.

16. gruenweiss87

gruenweiss87 Member

Werder Bremen
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    A win against Cologne next Friday and then everything is possible with Füllkrug and Ausgustinsson returning and Möhwald and Rashica being fit for 90 minutes. Of course, in the Bundesliga everything is always possible in both directions.

By the way, there is only 1 big boy. Every other team can be beat just like we can lose to every other team.

SteelyTom, FirstStar, russ and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    And that's one reason why the league is intriguing.

18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    A clearer violation of the BS Terms of Service I have never seen. Please select one extreme or the other.

19. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm referring to the team's level of executing. Right now they are playing the easier to mid-level teams. Most teams will get better as the season progresses, the ones that struggle are the ones that don't. I feel Bremen didn't last year and from the looks of it, they are heading in the same direction this season.

largegarlic repped this.
  20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Funny thing is he's had better games where he didn't score.

comoesa and Three and Three repped this.
  21. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    But they were the worst team in the league until the restart, and then a .500 team for the final 10 games. So you're saying they didn't improve as the season went on last year, despite the evidence (points/results) saying the exact opposite?

22. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love it when I talk sh!t about our players and they shove it in my face! You see my reverse psychology is motivating Josh! More Josh more!

gogorath repped this.
  23. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see him as more of a winger/second striker as well for these reasons. He matches up better against outside backs than centerbacks and he can use his running ability to get behind.

24. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Funny ol' game, innit?

russ repped this.
  25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    well done, he just needs 6/7 more for the season and I'm content