The Real Reboot Thread: Road to WC22

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ator

Ator Member

SC Freiburg
    Germany
    Mar 19, 2021
    At the 1998 WC we played against Yugoslavia in the preliminary round. I remember the ARD/ZDF journalist mentioning at one point that the German on-field squad had an average age of 32. I was 15ish and somewhat shocked that my beloved 1990 heroes would soon disappear.

That is why 2002 was one of my favorite WCs. New hope!

Still not convinced about Qatar though. As already said, I would go totally youth and play the hell out of Musiala, Moukoko, Schlotti, Wirtz (sniff), etc. 2010 hurrah style!

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  2. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes and Gunther has also been selected - so those are 4 LB for 2 positions - I assume Raum will get the spot and probably Gosens the second spot. - Günther and Netz are replacement for any injuries in the next 2 weeks

Ger90 repped this.
  3. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The extended squad has a brilliant balance between experience and extraordinary quality in the Youth. Just a pitty Samardzic wasnt danggled the carrot and included.

Alex C and BorisG repped this.
  4. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And as RB we possibly have

Kehrer , Heinrich , klosterman Hofmann Ginter and Sule can also play there

CB we have Sule Ginter , kehrer ,Schlotie Hummels rudiger , Koch , Knoche and Tah .

Would not be surprised if Flick only takes 8 at most 9 defenders due to the versatility of the players .

And maybe he takes an extra attacker or midfielder with for the wow affect .

Ger90 repped this.
  5. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah the extended squad gives a good insight into Flick’s long term thinking - very interesting to see who all he has on his radar ….

Burkhardt not in his list is no surprise …

It will be tough to put a starting 11 together with that midfield of ours …. Not tough as in we don’t have any players - tough into to who he should start for the big pool of players

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Blueberry_night repped this.