The Real Reboot Thread: Road to WC22

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hansi Flick on ...

... his return to the DFB: My life has not always gone the way I imagined it back then. I am totally happy and proud to be sitting here as national coach and thankful for the trust that the DFB has given me. There are still a lot of employees in the association who I value very much, both professionally and personally. So the return feels very good.

... high expectations of him: It is quite normal that expectations are high. Germany is used to success, and so do my team and I. I took part in Joachim Löw's journey. If you disregard the last three years, he has had tremendous success. Everything that comes next has nothing to do with what was. The work he has done is enormous, I owe him a lot, also because he encouraged me. The way he took his team with him and trusted him, that's how I want to live it. I am an absolute team player. I expect an all-in mentality from everyone. That everyone gives everything to leave the field as the winner in the end. This is exactly what my team and I will set an example. It is important that we all show that we are happy to be on the pitch for Germany.

... his philosophy: Anyone who has followed Bayern for the last two years knows the kind of football that my team and I stand for. We should know that we are the best players in Germany, and I want to see that on the pitch too. If you attack early and together, the path to the opposing goal is shorter. If you then try to switch quickly, you have a high probability of success. We want to see that from our team. Of course, we also want to encourage the young players and see what follows. We will also discuss this with the clubs. The next generation is extremely important, they are the future. But it's about the best players in Germany playing for Germany and that we make the best players a bit better.

... Challenges: We only have six periods left until the World Cup and so little time to lose. We have to take the players directly with us, also reach the players between internationals, so that we are always in touch. .

.. his greatest motivation: What motivates me most is being able to work with the best players in Germany. As coaches and players, we want to be successful. Success is the motivation to give everything. And we will give everything as a team to play exciting and successful football. This is our job to tease this out.

... the distance to the top of the world: Of course, the goal is to get back to the top of the world. It will certainly not be easy, but we have an intact team and a lot of quality in the team. That won't happen overnight, but we will do everything we can to achieve this goal. You could see that the intensity and passion in the game in Spain or Italy was inspiring. They tried to put the opponent under pressure at an early stage, high ball wins and standards were a good way to be successful. We can take the best of all of them and try to bring things in here. Step by step we have to try to get back to where we want to be.

... worries in the youth sector: youth work is a joint task of the association and clubs. Ultimately, the clubs train, we at the DFB can only support them. And that's where we want to get involved. The past has already shown that top talent suddenly emerges, and that will continue to be the case in the future, I am convinced of that.

... the future of Hummels, Müller, Boateng and Co .: The best players are invited. If they perform at their best, which I assume they can still do, then they are part of this team.

... his confidence: It certainly helps that I already know a lot of players. The way you play football depends on the coach's philosophy. German football is admired abroad and is extremely important. It is important to me and my coaching team that we take the initiative. Success is achieved by making others successful, and that's what I want to stand for. Players should support the others in training and push each other, this also applies to the coaching team. The team behind it should also give everything so that the players can show top football. To do this, we have to stand closely together. These are things that are very important to me. I believe that something very good can develop here. I am inherently positive. If you have fun and enjoy achieving goals together, walking the path together, having a quality and intensity in training and everyone contributes, then we are on the right track.

... contact with his predecessor Joachim Löw: Of course we spent a long time on the phone. We just look what the future brings. He'll take a deep breath now, he deserves this time, and then we'll have contact again.

Oliver Bierhoff on ... ... National coach Hansi Flick and Benedikt Höwedes: I am overjoyed that we were able to win Hansi over. He was an absolute dream coach. I know him from his time at the DFB as an assistant coach and sports director. I know what he's made of and how interested he is in supporting us in other areas as well. We also got around very quickly to put together a highly competent class team. I am enthusiastic about this atmosphere, energy and curiosity. I wish him that it goes the way he imagines it. A good start is of course important. We all want to be successful, and I know that Hansi is someone who can inspire people. I wish him good luck and peace in the beginning. The rest will come then. I am also happy that I was able to convince Benedikt Höwedes to go on a common path with us. We want to bring our successful national players back into the system in a meaningful way and benefit from their experience. I know Benni as a player, he was one of our flagship national players and an incredibly strong, great person. He should bring his knowledge to the national team and be close to the national team. I can feel the optimism in conversations and I am convinced that we will start well in September.

Peter Peters on ...
    ... The process of looking for a coach: When it became clear that we needed a new national coach, we sat down and made the important decision for the DFB that we didn't want to hire a coach from an ongoing contract. Hansi was under contract with Bayern at the time. That's why we also looked at other names. But we've known Hansi for a long time, we know he's very meticulous and sometimes gets into a conflict. We were happy that Hansi and Bayern agreed to terminate the contract without our intervention and that we achieved our desired result.

... the new start: The area of the new DFB campus represents a spirit of optimism. We are aware that the national team needs a spirit of optimism. We all wish that we use the optimism to reach people. The national team is the most important team in Germany. It was inspiring, but we lost that enthusiasm recently. I wish that we would gain trust, but that we would also behave in a credible manner. The association needs its honor back. That's why the national team is important to us. We cannot predict results. We hope that we will be more successful again, but we have to win back the people as the national team and the DFB. Benedikt Höwedes on ... ... his commitment to the DFB: It's a comeback on another level. It feels great to be back. I celebrated my greatest sporting successes at the DFB. First I let everything come my way, I will look into all work processes relating to management. I am curious and look forward to the training and I can learn a lot from some of the people here, and that is totally interesting.

Marcus Sorg about ... ... about working with Hansi Flick: I've been with the association for eight years and I was able to work with Hansi Flick for the first half. That was very intense. We've already walked a certain way together, and that was very pleasant. It was a good fit from a sporting and human point of view, so I am in good spirits that we can continue to work together trustingly.

Danny Röhl on ... ... the talks with the DFB: It was a very special moment when you found out that you can work for your country. We had great talks beforehand, which made my decision easier. I am pleased to be able to continue on the path with Hansi. We have built up a great relationship of trust. You can tell that something is created here.

Andreas Kronenberg on ... ... his duties at SC Freiburg and the DFB: It is no secret that a great relationship of trust has developed in Freiburg over the past ten years. Working in Freiburg has always been very pleasant. I have to thank Freiburg for making it possible for me to work as a goalkeeping coach here as well. I recognized many things that I also know from Freiburg. I can well imagine that things will be really good here. I see that we have a lot of good goalkeepers. For me, it's about continuing to do really good things in our training.

Mads Buttgereit over ... ... his new job: It's a huge honor for me, this is really big. I have a German father and German grandparents. I am going into this task full of anticipation and I will give everything to repay the trust. When it comes to standards, there is room for improvement if you work in a structured manner and involve the players. I'm really looking forward to this task. I lived in Flensburg for many years and always dreamed of the Bundesliga. When Hansi called, I thought at first it was fun.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Flick: "Young talent is very important, but it's crucial that the best players play for the national team, regardless of their age. But we will also give young players the opportunity to take the next step here"

Hansi Flick on youth in Germany: It's a joint task of the clubs and the DFB. We can support and involve them. I'd rather wait and see if another talent emerges. Jamal Musiala appeared suddenly too - no one expected it. We want to exchange ideas with clubs.

Flick on the FIFA ranking: "We're 12th at the moment, but the new FIFA ranking will come out at the end of August. The goal is to get back to the top of the world. It won't be quick, but we will do everything we can to get back to the top of the world."

Götze and Reus to be recalled?
    Flick: "Götze is back on track in Eindhoven. He scores goals and is important again for the team. For me, Reus is one of the best players in the final third. He can open up any defense on his own. He is one of the best in his position"

PierreLittbarski, AdiD and Alex C repped this.
  4. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus would definitely bring something if he can stay healthy, Götze I’m not so sure at this point would rather see players like Havertz, Wirtz and Musiala.

Stindl should get a recall too.

PierreLittbarski and Ger90 repped this.
  5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mads Buttgereit over ... ... his new job: “It's a huge honor for me, this is really big. I have a German father and German grandparents. I am going into this task full of anticipation and I will give everything to repay the trust. When it comes to standards, there is room for improvement if you work in a structured manner and involve the players. I'm really looking forward to this task. I lived in Flensburg for many years and always dreamed of the Bundesliga. When Hansi called, I thought at first it was fun.”

There is definitely a lot of room for improvement. Maybe the team will actually score from a corner again soon.

Ger90 and BorisG repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Which newcomers will Flick nominate? It is still too early for final predictions, but one thing is clear: Flick will continue to transform the DFB-Elf and rejuvenate the team. According to SPORTBUZZER information, Lukas Nmecha (VfL Wolfsburg) and Karim Adeyemi (RB Salzburg) are two U21 European champions, Leverkusen's Florian Wirtz and Bavaria's Jamal Musiala are fixed components for the next few years.

Who can hope for a return to the DFB? Flick made no secret of the fact that he took Jérôme Boateng with him to the EM. But since the central defender is currently still without a club, he should at least not be eligible for the first international matches - another world champion, however, is. After SPORTBUZZER information, Flick is thinking about a return from Mario Götze. If the golden boy from the 2014 World Cup final at PSV Eindhoven continues as he currently does, he can expect his first nomination in four years. In the first four competitive games of this season Götze met four times, prepared a goal and flourishes in a central role. Interesting: Flick was the one who initiated a return campaign for the offensive all-rounder at Bayern last season.

With Dortmund's captain Marco Reus, who voluntarily renounced the European Championship, as well as his teammates Julian Brandt and Julian Draxler (Paris Saint-Germain), the new national coach will take a close look to see if they can get into conversation again.
    https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/...g-hansi-flick-fragen-antworten-gotze-boateng/

BorisG and saj7866 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Argentinian Draxler Lionel Messi: "As a young boy, I grew up idolizing and emulating my game after Draxler. One of the reasons I transferred to PSG is so that I can learn world class backpassng technques from the world champ and become his understudy!!!"

poorvi, BVBFNM, dips82 and 4 others repped this.
  8. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Think Draxler will get a key role in PSG upcoming season.
    Though I think either either Messi, Neymar or Mbappe wont be to unhappy riding the bench as they get the oppurtunity to train and learn from Draxler on daily basis.
    Same goes for Ramos who can learn from Kehrer.

Ger90, BorisG and Alex C repped this.
  9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Draxler‘s important role will to be give the towel to Messi‘s assistant who then gives it to Messi

poorvi, majspike, SF19 and 3 others repped this.
  10. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Would love to se though Draxler to make his dream move to China or Saudi arabia before euros 2024 so that the nationalteam can profit from a peak Draxler

Ger90 repped this.
  11. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On a serious note I'm really dissapointed with Draxler. The guy has no ambition to better himself and with the arrival of Messi his playing time will be even more minimised.

Ger90 and PierreLittbarski repped this.
  12. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Hansi will start a clean slate with every player. But I do feel as he finalises his best team I can see one or two more of the veterans maybe being benched or phased out.

Ger90 and BorisG repped this.
  13. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Hansi will get the balance right of what Low could not do...and that is to include all the best players even the older generation and making their roles clear. Even if that means to play off the bench. As said when you want to go far in a tournament you need great bench players, and E.G just knowing that you have a Boateng who is happy to sit on the bench , that you can call on anytime in the match to substitute him in and making the desired impact ...... now thats Hansie will create...
    A team where even a kroos (if he stayed) could happily sit on the bench,

Ger90, PierreLittbarski and Alex C repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kicker: Hansi Flick's target in the German national team is already such talents as Lukas Nmecha, Karim Adeyemi, Ragnar Ache and Ridle Baku.

Aderthan and AdiD repped this.
  15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you think he will call up the 3 players without much BL experience? Clear he wants different CF options.

Based on Flick’s previous quotes I expect Reus and quite possibly Boateng could get recalls, he might also try and call up Alaba and Dantas lol.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think at this point for CFs Flick rather call someone than no one.

Low would definitly not do this.

but you want CFs for WC22 which is little over a year, now is time for integration.

dips82 and Alex C repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FIFA rankings
    Germany down 4 spots to 16th.

Totally getting Group of Death at WC22!!!!

Aderthan repped this.
  18. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Flick 101: Practicing set pieces + Nmecha + Ache. It's the first step to dominate the world football again!!

Alex C repped this.
  19. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Germany will beat Cape Verde,Canada and UAE to win the Group C aka Group of Death.

20. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Fingers crossed for this to be Sanés year. Felt like he even had an higher ceiling then Sterling when at best at City.

21. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep, he can start his legend after today's game, though.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  22. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hope Süle takes his chance from start against Gladbach.
    (Nianzou to young probably to start in Nagelsmanns book)

23. BandB

BandB Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 30, 2020
    Sane have been disappointed since last season. He seems to dispossessed very easily, mispassed

I think he needs to play on the left only, this is where he feels most comfortable. The guy is clearly not Robben's level and never will.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  24. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    oops

Dage repped this.
  25. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    think he had his moments but frustrating how he gets dispossessed.

Gnabry also quite dissipointing. Hope he can turn it around and that it was a first game thing.