The Real Reboot Thread: Road to WC22

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A lot of us followed his career from begining with great interest but his neverending injuries made most move on from him. Also his constant loyalty to clubs and going down with them to 2BL also just delayed his career. Over last 5 years, continued to only loosly follow his career but for me was a player heading towards "Wasted Potential thread" material.Was always 1BL potential but things didn't line up until now.

as they say better late than never. Let's just chalk him at late bloomer, LOL.

that's thing about Fullkrug he's not really a targetman/classical CF but one who has complete package.

ShadowX and PierreLittbarski repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I liked Kuranyi, always a shame what happened between him and Low, funny but a shame. Made us lose a CF option very early on, which isn't a good thing.

Geiger is hard to judge as had neverending injuries in past though. But a lot of coaches rate him. Was said in past even Pep and Low rated him too.

I think Stiller, Krauss etc won't be options until post U21 Euro. Stiller is closest we have in terms of U21 and older to a Kroos but unlike Kroos is more aggressive and both defensive and offensive minded too. But for now yeah, gotta get back into XI 1st. He's also a good FK taker too, more accurate than what we see from current NT.

3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Roman Weidenfeller went unnoticed for most of his career until the early 2010s, where his performances earned him a spot in the 2014 squad. There's also Paul Steiner, who at the age of 35 surprised everyone by being part of the 1990 squad. So let's hope Füllkrug does enough in the next month and a half to book his place in Qatar.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think what clinched Roman Weidenfeller's spot was Dortmund making CL final, 1 year prior to WC14.

That was fun, All German final with 2 GKs playing.

Fullkrug leading 1BL as top scorer is exactly what he needs to get shot, so needs to stay #1. Doesn't have any CL to boost him but if shows himself the best CF in 1BL, that's hard to argue against.

ShadowX, BVBFNM and PierreLittbarski repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    funny thing about Fullkrug,

If I look at all German CFs from 88-97.
    One realizes that Fullkrug is only one we have yet to give chance/try out too.

Terodde, Niederlechner, Polter, Zoller, Behrens, Pfeiffer, Glatzel, Kleindienst, Selke, Michel, Platte, Seydel, Tietz ect are not Senior NT material. Most fit more 2BL career.

the biggest waste here is the greatest of all time Selke, such an Elite CF. Platte and Seydel got destroyed by injury too and both showed early potential to play 1BL but neverending injuries forced them down to 2BL. Now Platte is 2BL leading scorer. Will be curious to see if finall makes his grand return to 1BL in style or not.

Alex C repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How many of our attackers can score this type of athletic goal?

I've only seen Berisha score that type. The rest can't lol.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    in terms of destroyer Ms,
    I think poached by Bayern from Hertha Berlin Aseko might be what we want/need.

too bad he's years away from relevance as a 2005 born. But if he can stay injury free and breakthrough Bayern, could fast track him.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jamal Musiala: MD8's Man of the Matchday putting fire in Bayern Munich's belly

[​IMG]

Amazing, magnificent, mesmerising: the plaudits for Jamal Musiala - the pearl of Bayern Munich - continue to land at the feet of this talented teen who danced his way past Bayer Leverkusen and onto the podium as the Bundesliga's Man of the Matchday.
    https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...n-putting-fire-in-bayern-munich-s-belly-21419

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    England and Gareth Southgate’s mistake over Germany star Jamal Musiala still baffles Lothar Matthaus, who mockingly thanked the Three Lions.

Former Germany international Matthaus believes England made a big mistake in allowing Musiala to play for Germany.

He told The Daily Mail: “You gave the best player from the young English generation to Germany — Musiala. I have a son who is eight years old. I have to buy the Bayern Munich shirts with No.42 on the back and the Germany shirt with No 14. My son is crazy about Musiala. So, thank you England for giving him to us!

“I do not know why you did not fight more to keep this player in the English shirt. We are so happy to have him.”

The former Bayern midfielder then compared Musiala to seven time Ballon d’Or winner, Lionel Messi.

He added: “When he is on the field, this is like Messi three years ago. He has everything. Fast, good dribbling, the last pass, he can score.

“He gets the ball and always goes forward — like me, against Yugoslavia. He is also learning to work better for the defence. He is becoming the complete player.

“In the future, he will be one of the very best players in the world.”
    https://www.sportbible.com/football/england-news-gareth-southgate-jamal-musiala-20220918

Blueberry_night repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Great to hear that Reus could already be close to a comeback.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He prefers to let goals speak for themselves - and the people who wish him a nomination. His coach Ole Werner: "Fülle is a very complete striker. He has great qualities in the penalty area and can still be involved in combination play. When he's in good shape, he brings a quality that isn't commonplace even in the Bundesliga."

His recurring injury problems are finally a thing of the past. A crucial reason why Füllkrug performs so consistently and is able to hope for the World Cup. Ducksch: "I would like him to go to the World Cup. Achievement should be rewarded.”
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...hwur-fuer-niclas-fuellkrug-81498194.bild.html

ShadowX, Dage, BVBFNM and 2 others repped this.
  14. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fingers crossed his form continues and come world cup time he gets nominated. Gives us a a point of difference even from the bench.

Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just unretire, the self-proclaimed Greateast German CF Sandro Wagner!!!

saj7866 and Alex C repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dage and saj7866 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kicker XI of matchday 8
    Trapp, Weiser, Hector (retired from NT), Musiala, Ducksch, Fullkrug, Demirovic (poached by Bosnia)

MAN OF THE MATCHDAY
    Niclas Fullkrug, Werder Bremen
    And then there were the two goals with which the Bremen attacker shot his way to number one in the top scorer list: the first thanks to his enormous move to the goal, the second as a mere formality.

However, his assist was the most impressive before the 5:1 when Füllkrug lifted the ball through two players from Gladbach for a technically demanding volley from goal scorer Weiser. The 29-year-old demonstrated that he can do everything a top-class attacker should be able to do - and that's why he has long been associated with the national team.

ShadowX, BorisG, saj7866 and 1 other person repped this.
  18. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would be great if we could find a gem last minute that gives our game
    Something different and unexpected. Something to that changes our teams
    Dynamics where all
    Other existing NT players can play at their best as they have a target man upfront .

Fulkrug age is okay - if he was 21 I would say no but due to his age he can adopt quickly and can juts do what he does .

Holding thumbs that he is the ONE hahaha

saj7866, BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #6194 Ger90, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    but that Fullkrug is more than a target man CF he's a complete CF is even more reason why I advocate for him.

I do see appeal in big and physical but not if skill set is useless and limited. Someone good with head and not much else is pointless for us.

also wouldn't trust any young CFs unless they have trained-integrated with Senior NT 1st and no time for that. You want someone who can help NOW.

ShadowX, BorisG, saj7866 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :p

Messi at 19 y/o
    [​IMG]

Musiala at 19 y/o
    [​IMG]

rj123 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    maybe Germany needs to bring over some Brazilian CF not good enough for Brazil who can be naturalized and be Cacau 2.0. Although that will take min 7 years, right on target for WC30.

this needs to happen soon so that we can emulate Dark Times 1,0 timeline.

2010=2030

22. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spot on. Fullkrug is at the peak of his powers and knows his game perfectly. He could be a CF option for the next 5-6 years. And i believe he could be a massive asset at the world cup even off the bench

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  23. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Against a low block team our attack could be

Fullkrug
    Sane/havertz muller/wirtz werner/musial

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alex C repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    where the frick is my boi Draxaldinho???:mad:;)

add Reus+Brandt. Wait and see on Adeyemi/Nmecha too as bench options too vs tired legs.

BVBFNM and saj7866 repped this.