The Real Reboot Thread: Road to WC22

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Dawg showed why he's such a valuable squaddie

One of the most reliable midfielders in the EPL over the last 5 years with 40-50 apps per season and decent goal return

PierreLittbarski, BorisG and Dage repped this.
  2. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The one thing missing from Gündogan's cabinet is a major international trophy.

3. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well,Flick has to fix that. :cool:

BVBFNM, BorisG, dips82 and 1 other person repped this.
  4. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Flick is way more intelligent then Jogi will ever be. Flick will at least get the max performance out of the team, and maybe even inspire them to go above their capabilities.

Hope Flick remembers this game , when we are trailing by a goal. Subbing in gundo would be an option.. I think Gundo should fulfill that role for us. Super Sub

Ger90 and rj123 repped this.
  5. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know but maybe the NT could switch back from usual 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3.

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    This team is not stronger than us , with proper tactics we can kill them... like Bayern done it to Barcelona , BvB to Real like like

Attached Files:

Ger90 repped this.
  7. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Think Germany often/always want to dominate games and often get perplexed playing Spain with their ballposession. Need to be more pragmatic and cynical when facing them

Ger90, BorisG, Germanyfan1993 and 2 others repped this.
  8. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    Any early thoughts on how we will do against Italy, England, and Hungary?

Ger90 repped this.
  9. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well - I really hope we win all games, but I think we will manage a draw in Italy against Italy

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Block" next to FC Bayern
    Flick welcomes BVB international transfers

National coach Hansi Flick rates the signings of several national players from runner-up Borussia Dortmund as helpful for his work and his goals with the DFB selection. It is currently becoming apparent that BVB should have a second strong block in the DFB team in the coming World Cup season alongside the traditionally dominant record champions FC Bayern Munich.

"I absolutely welcome that. The past has shown time and again that if you have two clubs that form a block, you can be successful with it," said Flick. In addition to seven Bayern professionals, the 2014 World Cup winning squad also included four from Dortmund, the second most from a club. In the 1996 European Championship success, there were also seven from Munich and five from Dortmund.

BVB managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke had already indicated to him at the beginning of the World Cup year with regard to transfer policy "that they want to try to do one thing or the other," revealed Flick. With Bayern defender Niklas Süle (26), the Freiburg Cup finalist Nico Schlotterbeck (22) and attacker Karim Adeyemi (20) from Austria's champions Red Bull Salzburg, Borussia has already signed three national players and equipped them with long-term contracts.

"Having our top players in Germany also takes us one step further with a view to the tournament after next," said Flick. The EM 2024 takes place in Germany. In the training camp in Marbella for the upcoming Nations League games against European champions Italy, the European Championship runners-up England and Hungary, Borussia Dortmund has the second-largest player contingent in the squad after FC Bayern, when you add Marco Reus (32) and Julian Brandt (26) which already includes the three newcomers Süle, Schlotterbeck and Adeyemi.
    https://www.transfermarkt.de/flick-...utete-offensive-im-januar-an/view/news/404825

Alex C and BorisG repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some of us have been saying this for years.
    do think ALL 1BL clubs should have German blocks

German blocks will for sure boost NT.

ShadowX, Alex C, BorisG and 3 others repped this.
  13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You would field Lord Voldemort, Stalin and Hitler in your lineup if they guaranteed a semi-final birth

14. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fully agree ... if the players know each other this can only be helpful for the NT.

Those months of playing together - even if its just unique moments on the field that one decisive pass that leads to a goal . Did the Italian team last year not also consist of certain blocks ?

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  15. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I rate Gundo.... Yes he might not be a starter for the NT - but will for sure will be able to add value from the bench .

I cant see Gundo as a replacement for Kimmich(Even Flick mentioned that Stach is more suited to do so) - Gundo would be better to be subbed in for Goretska - Gundo is more of a 8 then a 6. But then we also have Musiala.

Interesting though - Flick really wants to win all the upcoming games, but also said he will rotate the players. So he must really have confidence in all his players. Not sure how he wont always play the best team but still wants to win.

A few other interesting upcoming battles for position:
    • Sule vs Schlotterbeck vs Rudiger (Rudiger will for sure start at WC if he keeps this form) but the second CD position is open Not so happy about Tah nomination.
    • I would say it will be Goretska Vs Gundo (where as Goretska should be the starter)
    • Muller vs Reus ( this will be super interesting) Although Reus can also play on the right or left.
    • Nmecha vs Adyemi vs Havertz vs Werner - wonder how Flick will see this battle ( I am sure he will look at Nmecha and Adyemi and for WC only choose one of them , and probably only as subs then as well). But will he play Havertz as our main striker and will he put Werner on the wing to contest with SANE?
    • Left back - seems for now he trusts RAUm and can use Kehrer anywhere in the back line - so I guess for now its between them.
    • Right back - This is tricky (hofmann, Sule, Klosterman Keherer and heinrich) they can all play that side.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on another note currently it would be 7 Bayern players - if the dont loose anyone like Gnabry and 5 from Dortmund

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    German........German.............German.......

Wirtz in 3rd.

BorisG and Alex C repped this.
  18. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    There is no doubt for me , Schlotterback is better defender than Sule , best u23 CB in the europe , eye test as per every metric page

Talking about full backs , it seems that Flick want balance in that way , I cant remind that in our game he used two offensive minded full backs its always Hoffmann and Kehrer or Raum and Kehrer , interesting what he gona do when both of our ultra offensive fbs are available. Imo playing with Kehrer on either sides give us more aearial dominance and defansive stability.

Only player I want to see to compete with Adeyemi as our no1 striker ir Havertz. Werner and Nmecha are not that level.

Also for Flick system ,for our better overall preformance , gegenpressing, football dynamic, Reus is better option than Muller, even think Musiala is currently better as AMF option than Muller, but besides all Wirtz is our best AMF , and if he is healthy there is no doubts who is starting.

I hope to see sometning like this against Italy

Neuer - Kehrer - Schlotterback - Rudiger -Hoffmamn - Kimmich - Goretzka - Sane - Reus- Gnabry - Adeyemi

But realisticly its
    Manu, Raum , Sule ( Schlotti) Rudiger Kehrer( Hoff) Leon- Kimmich - Leroy - Muller - Gnabry - Werner

BorisG, AdiD and Alex C repped this.
  19. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting point about the two offensive full backs …

But as he said he will rotate quite a bit so I am sure in all 4 games everyone will get some kind of chance. It’s huge task for him to be able to rotate and win all the games . I guess he has like a plan a,b and c. Depends who we play what the current score line is, are we able to play our game play or are we being dominated .

These are huge games coming up and we all will know quite a bit more in two weeks time .

But should he also not start playing his best 11 and start using subs effectively ? Or make changes in the second game only on Positions where he feels he can make the team stronger overall .

Anyway quite excited to see what he can do with this team . But I dont want him e.g play a Brandt against England juts cause he wants to check him out .

Also Interested to see how he will use our veterans in AM Reus and muller ,

Your teams do t have Havertz in at all - I am sure he will feature in these games !!!

AdiD repped this.
  20. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

Funny to see Süle in there

21. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is due to lack of quality CB performance in Bundesliga…can’t think of any CB other than Schlotterbeck impressed last season

AdiD repped this.
  22. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So some stats on Italy total games played 35

Germany has lost 15
    Drew 12
    Won 8

Goals against 50
    Goals for 41

Average per game
    Goal chances 11 all
    Possession for Germany 57% to 43%
    In passing Germany are also better but where they are clear losers is at tackling , Italy over the 35 games always where better at man on man ( Zweikampf quote) .

Hope we can make up some wine and goals on the next two games .

As i can remember Italy last year where able to suck up allot of pressure in defence and scored with quick counters .

Germany has been suspect against quick counters these last few years . Even the last game against Holland under flick .

Will be ingesting - I think Germany will dominate possession but I fear that they will run into some hectic counters attacks .

I say first game Is a draw . It would be a huge success if we can create 2 goals at least against Italy .

I am Also sure we will concede a goal , so a 1-1 draw would be my guess .

A 1-2 win would be huge success

23. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And all 8 wins Germany has vs Italy were friendlies. Germany has NEVER managed a competitive win against Italy.

I hope I can finally cross that off my bucket list sooner rather than later.

24. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think Süle actually been good this season though and probably Bayerns best defender in opposite to many Bayern fans.

Positive to have Schlotterbeck, Rüdiger and Süle, all with good seasons.

BorisG repped this.
  25. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #4175 AdiD, May 27, 2022
    Last edited: May 27, 2022
    will be interesting to see if Germany has the
    initiative and possession against Italy considering Italy have Veratti, Jorginho and Barella in midfield. Very pressresistant players.

BorisG repped this.