The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bernabéu stadium was in the outskirts with nothing much around it when the stadium was built. Main city expanded to the outskirts and grew around the Bernabéu. This must be the case for old stadiums in massive cities.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shay Z, PigBenis, Stiliyan and 5 others repped this.
  4. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Lol I use to live like 500 meterse from the Sánchez pizjuan. You could here people celebrating a goal in my living room. No biggie. Now live in México with a irish bar outside my apartment, It gets even worse. Thats just life.

Shay Z, PigBenis, Aensensen and 9 others repped this.
  5. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Who doesnt? But what are the odds of something that has never happened in the history of the club happening next year?

6. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    I generally go into every season thinking the odds of winning the CL are considerable low. So I would say slim, but Im frequently surprise by this monster of this team, so slim but doable. Lets get that 15 first... ITS not gonna be easy at all.

Aensensen and arcane repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The initiative claims that the concerts are far worse than the games, they don't have a problem with the games because they belong to living with the stadium. Loudness levels for the concerts are pretty absurd to be honest. Judging from videos on social media even with every window closed you can hear the music as if you're attending. Opening the window and it's just crazy.

More than the people living there i kind of wondered about the people attending the concert. That has to be an incredible amount of noise to get blasted with for multiple hours.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As i said, the games aren't the problem because they crowd noise isn't the same as setting up stacks over stacks of speakers and blasting through the city with the roof open.

9. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Tbh I find almost all concerts to be too loud and not very healthy to the ears. I do prefer the crowd noise.

MerlinRM repped this.
  10. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've lived or visited cities in the US where the stadium is either in the boonies or right dap in the center where there aren't big residential neighborhoods.

One thing that surprised me about the Bernabeu and even Camp Nou is that they're right in the middle of busy residential neighborhoods.

I can see how the concerts would be annoying for residents.

11. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Random story. My brother lives right outside of Wembley stadium. Literally the only thing between him and the stadium is a road. First night in his new flat was a rock concert (Foo Fighters and other artist I believe). The most amazing thing was his sliding doors.

With the doors opened, it was your typical loud concert. Shut the doors and you couldn't hear a single thing.

Digital, Shay Z, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, construction quality plays a huge part in noise reduction.

Aensensen and Doni repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Leeds apparently to now to be under the Red Bull banner?

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Off topic, but noise cancellation imo is the single most important aspect of quality house making. It’s overlooked imo, but critical.

Shay Z, PigBenis, Anon. and 3 others repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Insulation first but the noise too

Digital, Aensensen and Doni repped this.
  17. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Just playin around, relax.

18. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Strange. The roof was also closed for Swift concert so must have reached some ridiculous decibels.

There was some photo knocking around of someone taking a screenshot of the decibels reached at the concert, can't remember where I've seen it now, probably twitter.

Some people are just against things! Should have seen some of the objection emails people sent into Westminster council regarding the Fanzones for both sets of teams. One would think it was an annual thing.

For example - a wine bar moaning about foot levels around it's premises. Here is an idea, be smart and promote it and get more business, with approx 13, 000 people in close proximity.

Anon. repped this.
  19. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What happened to the rumoured Saudi takeover from 2 summers ago? :ROFLMAO:

Leeds has to make £100 mil in sales before being allowed to spend any money this summer. This because they failed to qualify to EPL this year... They absolutely need someone to come in and sort out their financials because they have a talent for fking up.

20. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some reports say the decibeles were reaching all the way to Cibeles.

I'll see myself out.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

22. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    How often does It happen though? Cause the irish pub Is on every saturday AND subday nights. I could move, I still choose not to.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're comparing a pub to a concert that 70.000 people attended.

Plus, you could livein a heroin infested run down neighborhood and like it, that doesn't have any impact on what we're talking about.

The truth is this club has incredible diplomatic pull. If Rammstein play and the club would be down to set a few cars on fire for spectacle, the city would allow it.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid