The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteRM

WhiteRM Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 17, 2024
    [​IMG]

Looking at this i can only say that if your not a teennager from Catloina, you don't count.

temesgen, PigBenis and yoanaidarov repped this.
  2. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This the worst Spanish team I’ve ever seen, by far.

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Carvajal, Llorente and Morata are likely going to be starters and they are all products of Real Madrid Castilla. Ditto Nacho. Losing out on Brahim Diaz is probably gonna hurt the Spain NT for a long time.

That certainly doesn't look like a team capable of winning the tournament and they are in a group with Croatia and Italy, so even advancing to the knockout rounds might be out of reach.

Hopefully the club is better represented on the Olympic team and they come home with a medal.

4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really don't understand what Fermin and Ferran have done to justify being included. Cubarsi at least was a regular starter for Barca.

Digital, PigBenis and WhiteRM repped this.
  5. WhiteRM

WhiteRM Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 17, 2024
    Morata and Llorente playing at Atlético madrid in our days. if you didn't undstreant what i meant you can just ask.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understood your point, just trying to balance things out and show Madrid does produce high level talent. Arguably la Masia is producing the "quantity" but la Fabrica is producing the "quality".

7. WhiteRM

WhiteRM Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 17, 2024
    I'm talking only about the national team and who got summoned, not about who produces high level talents.

8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I guess dude. It's not like guys like Fran or Miguel Gutierrez are getting any chances with the club, so not sure why they would with the NT.

Dani Olmo hasn't been a part of Barca in a decade and Feran Torres is not a la masia product. There are also quiet a few players from the Basque region, more than usually make into the tournament teams. The closer I look at the squad the more uncertain I am what your claim or argument is.

9. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    I usually don’t care much about NT football but one thing that I’m curious about: assume we get a Germany-Croatia final (that even possible?) Who are RM fans gonna support? :laugh:

Think I’d favor Croatia for all the stuff they missed out on. Modric finally getting a win. Kroos will always have his WC.

10. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm just hoping they get slapped out in the Group Stages LOL

RMadrid2222, Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  11. WhiteRM

WhiteRM Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 17, 2024
    Miguel Gutierrez is injured, Fran is not playing enough so he doesn't get called to the NT.
    I don't know why Torres is summoned when this dude is pure mediocre.
    you wrote that you understood what i meant, but now you show me you didn't.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is the provisional squad so there will still be cuts.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guler is most likely going to nail him to the bench next season along with Mbappe and Endrick joining.

Brahim's national team path is blocked from within his own situation mostly.

14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I wish Dani wasn't involved beyond that I don't care about national team football

15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Opposite for me bro. I understand from a selfish Real Madrid perspective that we’d rather have our veterans rest etc.

But I usually try to watch every single WC and Euros game and it’s always enjoyable seeing our players in those games.

I’m really looking forward to the Euros.

temesgen repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Shay Z, Ssr9, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal repped this.
  18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe, maybe not. I don't see him and Guler having the same skillset. Agreed that Mbappe is going to be hogging a lion share of the minutes and after a breakout Copa America Endrick is going to be the "in demand" teen sensation, so I can see even Guler is probably going to be wondering at times when he will ever get on the field again.

My point was with the national team and since Brahim has been able to carve out a place at City, Milan and Madrid I don't see it a problem finding a club where he can contribute but Spain has lost out on a great talent that can contribute immediately and in the foreseeable future.

19. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Brahim is better than all those attackers combined, lol.

20. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I was in Guayaquil all last week and now I’m in the Galapagos with friends after getting married. I head to Miami on Friday so I’ll be ready to go for the Final, but I’ve barely been able to follow the news.

Have I missed anything important? Sadly I missed Kroos’ farewell but from the tweets I saw it seems it went as he deserved, perfect. Que mas? A short summary or bullet points from the last week or so would be appreciated

22. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Hey bro. Hope everything went well and Mazal Tov :)
    About the last news: nothing special. 0-0 vs Betis in not a good game by us. Betis scored twice but both goals were disallowed by Var.
    Tchuameni wont play in the final due to is injury
    Mbappe bought Gareth bale house in Madrid

madridismo and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Most important thing to know is:

Don Flo is still the BAAAAWWWWS.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Hi
    How can I post a picture in the forum (in a post) and not a tweet from X ?

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Congratulations! May you and your partner share a long and happy life together. Enjoy your honey moon. Enjoy Galapagos! Be safe.

Kroos' farewell is the most important thing you've missed. It was very emotional for all of us and you'll be glad to hear the club took care of the farewell in the most perfect way. Not over the top. Everything looked so genuine and heartfelt, understated. The crowd at the stadium was amazing. Kroos spent a lot of time on the pitch after the game, his teammates gave him an amazing farewell.

The result of the final matchday wasn't really relevant. The lads had Kroos and the CL final on their minds. We barely got out of 2nd gear.
    Now just counting days till Saturday.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.