The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #12101 .halamadrid2., Feb 18, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
    In what sense? I don't get it.

You really refuse to admit the real issue. Osmihen was racially abused a few months ago. Is it ok for him to complain about it because he doesn't shit talk or is it a case of a "victim complex and move on nothing to see here" for him too

Again NOBODY has a problem with booing. It's like you are not willing to admit to the real issue here which is the racim. Do you want me to fish up the video of fans at multiple clubs racially abusing him for you to fully comprehend what it is we are talking about

It's incredibly you STILL think people have problem with booing. I am conversing with a wall. Incredible

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Stick to reading the lines, and leave the between the lines to character evaluators. Nobody says anybody should tolerate racist abuse, you're making this up to defend whatever point you want to make here.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then there should be no issue with Valencia fans calling him garbage. Where is the issue?
    What are we actually expecting here, that people roll out the red carpet and play samba music when we play there?

I made the same example, Alves has been routinely racially abused in Madrid, but there's absolutely nothing endearing about him as a player regardless. That doesn't excuse the racist abuse, but it's hard to justify that every kind of abuse he's suffered was racist in it's nature.

4. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No they didn't take them to court. The court case was of the 2 (laughable) people that were found guilty of racially abusing him. Valencia released a statement where they condemned Ancelotti for claiming it was the WHOLE stadium and not sections. It was a shocking display of being completely tone deaf. There was evidence that an incredible amount of people racially abused a person but they got hung up on the potatoe potato. That wasn't the real issue but it became a not everyone just some but it's ok because Vini is just a crybaby issue.

The Spanish FA reduced their ban because the Spanish FA doesn't think they have a racism problem and little poor Valencia won't financially manage with a complete ban. That's their bottom line. The tackling racim part is just a side issue they do when the whole world has eyes on them.

5. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They are singing about what happened between Vini and them. They are not saying we will boo you because you are shit but they will sing "you are just a cry baby" despite the whole world witnessing the incredible scenes last season.

They can boo him for all I care. It's just funny that they see themselves as victims of a cry baby still.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Surprise, sports fans are ridiculous.

7. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Vinicius clearly is behaving like a knob in that Leipzig video someone posted earlier.

It doesn’t justify the other racist abuse he gets in other stadiums, but if I was a Leipzig defender I would certainly be looking to clatter him if there was a 50/50 ball, and if I was a Leipzig fan I would be telling him he was a prat.

Deep Pal, Nathanial Essex and Anon. repped this.
  8. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lunin; Lucas, Tchouaméni, Nacho, Fran García; Camavinga, Modric, Valverde, Brahim, Vinicius y Joselu

Some rotations but good line up nonetheless

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  9. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    UFC has a new champion at Featherweight called Ilia Topuria. He won the title last night and is Spanish - which opens up the Spanish market for the UFC.

During the post fight press conference, Dana White was asked about the possibility of bringing the UFC to Span with Topuria headlining the fight card. He was VERY open to that idea, and the Spanish journo asked if they'd consider Santiago Bernabeu.

Long story short, I think there's a very good chance we'll be hosting a UFC event in the near future.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and rrrrrafik repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I saw that, if the government pitch in the way they do with the NFL it's very possible.

Aensensen repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Won the Copa del Rey in basketball against Barca. :inlove:

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These football Times have launched their Zinedine Zidane issue, their work is absolutely excellent:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/

I've already ordered mine.

Shay Z, Aensensen, AriGold and 6 others repped this.
  13. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I have the Baggio and Madrid issues. Quality.

Shay Z and 4x4s repped this.
  14. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Poor chap, awful news:
    upload_2024-2-19_18-22-54.png

15. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolutely fking brutal. No wonder people start going to "spiritual protection" snake-oil peddlers lol. No way that kid doesn't think he's cursed.

Anon. repped this.
  16. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks great, and I was already ordering it... However...
    Screenshot_20240220_124700_Firefox.jpg

petros93 and rrrrrafik repped this.
  17. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal and sneakking repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and Anon. repped this.
  19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's only Wednesday so things may change, but it looks like Rudiger and Bellingham aren't available yet.

We really could use some good injury news given the fact Camavinga and Carvajal are suspended. Ideally Tchouameni can play in midfield, but we need Rudiger back for that.

natenate101, Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Interesting theory. Rumor has it that we already plan to give Bellingham an improved contract. This follows having renewed Vinicius, Rodrygo, Camavinga, Valverde, and Militao earlier this season.

There is a suggestion that we are trying to lock up many of these players quickly and long term out of concern that there may be an aggressive retaliation from PSG as a result of the signing of Mbappe. Or even from other clubs trying to lure them away with money.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Only thing we need to aggressively do us find a way to play all of them because it won't matter how long their contract is if they demand they want to leave.

Which is why it's perplexing to me to read people wanting us to sign even more starting level midfielders, attackers or even FBs.

Anon., Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  22. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    We do know players have the right to refuse talks with a club, even if a club like PSG drops a buyout deposit.

Signing on players to stop that is ridiculous.

No saying Bellingham doesn’t deserve it but he’s literally just signed his contract some months ago. Let’s give it a couple of more seasons.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 4x4s repped this.
  23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't buy it. I don't think the club under Florentino's stewardship would go to these lengths. They've been inserting crazy buy-out clauses in the contracts of our important players for 10 years now, that made sense. I don't think they would mess with the wage structure so willy nilly over a supposed threat.

And to be honest, if one of our important players goes to the club next summer and says i am being offered this ungodly amount from PSG, match it or i am leaving, i would say, thanks for your services and best of luck, please tell your agent to get in contact so we can name our transfer price. It's not bravado it's just plain common sense. If we start increasing the wages of our players every time PSG or Man United text their agents we will go bankrupt.

HZinho, Deep Pal, zizou555 and 1 other person repped this.
  24. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I fully agree. And this is also where our squad building comes into play. Looking at most areas of the squad, we can afford sending that message as we generally have sufficient options in the squad.

25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Anyone know where I can find a somewhat accurate list of the salaries of our players? Quick search on Google in showing up some wild results