The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    If it’s partially torn, surgery is the way to go. Sprain, rehab. No grey area there as partial tears don’t fully heal and will make the rest of the knee weaker.

Completely frustrated for him and the team.

2. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just asked my friend who is an athletic trainer in the NFL. Apparently a cruciate ligament would be bad but he said this specific injury should heal fine and he should be back in like 8 weeks to training.

Ssr9, Doni and Shay Z repped this.
  3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #11553 Shay Z, Nov 17, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    Correct again just that we don't know the severity of the tear so can't speculate on surgery ( i know we just speculated lmao). If the tear is partial and knee is strong(ish) it can heal without surgery but with athletes the tear has to be very small (tiny) for conservative treatment to work out well. Not all partial tears are equal and all knees are not the same. Without seeing the MRI and knowing the full severity of the tear we can only hope it's not too severe. He's young so he has that going in his favor.

Better than ACL, MCL or UCL i guess. There's 2 collateral ligaments on each side of the knee lateral collateral (LCL) and medial collateral (MCL) which are important for stability. We just don't know the details to say anything concrete. The decision in the next few days will shed light on the injury but after Guler's first injury and the way that went down i am hesitant to even go by that.

A small crumb of positivity is that knee ligament repairs and treatments have come a long way and these sort of injuries if diagnosed and treated properly do not lead to any long term effects or even long recoveries the way they used to.

arcane repped this.
  4. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Sprains (save very minor ones) are partial tears. Just depends on how partial and how well oxygenated the area is in terms of whether they can potentially heal themself.

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Plus a huge factor is athlete vs every man. Most of the information you'll see about the treatment of these injuries are for normos like us and with us the cookie cutter approach of the 90s is long gone. With athletes you have to take a different approach because the demands on their bodies are very different.

Ssr9, J-Mezzy and Lyra repped this.
  6. lecannois

lecannois Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Jul 6, 2023
    Camavinga is such a good dude too. Does everything for the team, is humble, never complains, etc. Feel very bad for him. This was his big chance.

Serengeti_Boy, J-Mezzy and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I sprained my right lat and it took 3 months to recover, and it never really felt 100%. I’m just back to lifting cuz I’m stupid

Bear Crotch, RoadMan and boeder repped this.
  8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I severey sprained my right ankle back in the day. Even felt if getting torn, like tearing paper.

Today, I can’t properly balance on that same ankle for more than a few seconds.

J-Mezzy and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I am back to doing back day but I feel like it never really healed

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The rumors about Carlo are apparently connected to Xabi's 18 mil. buyout clause, that the club doesn't want to pay a clause for a coach.

RoadMan repped this.
  11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    No chance Xabi has an 18M buyout clause. Who reported that?

12. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Digital, Anon. and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But the club did pay Everton when Carlo left them in 2021.

“The Italian had three years remaining on the deal he signed in December 2019 and a compensation package was agreed swiftly between the clubs.”

Maybe Perez will pay Leverkusen if Xabi publicly declares his desire to coach RM just like he did as a player and gave the middle finger to Benitez at Liverpool :D

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #11564 4x4s, Nov 21, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    El Español claim that Tebas wants to have Real Madrid play on the day of the Superleague verdict and have an anti Superleague/Superleague club commercial play before and after the game as well as during the halftime break.

Edit:

We're playing vs Alaves away on that day. Interesting.

15. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    'Tis the season for the media to market Castilla players as the "wise choice" to cover for our slim squad (no disrespect to them). Exactly what happened when when Militao was first injured and Marvel was touted as the savior – he ended up getting 2-3 call-ups and zero minutes with Tchouameni playing CB when needed. The reality is that Castilla won't get minutes under Carlo.

I also notice that the board's puppet JFD has begun tooting the Mbappe horn for the first time since May 2022.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most winter transfer window transfers end up being busts or completely irrelevant.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Asked about the existence of a release clause, Bayer CEO Carro said: "No, but you don't need a clause. We have a very, very good relationship with Xabi and he knows we are a serious club. And at the end of the day, we're not going to force someone to stay if he doesn't want to stay. We want him to feel so happy and so good with us that he really only wants to stay and this is our objective..

"There is nothing on paper [allowing Xabi to leave for a former club]. But sometimes agreements that are not on paper are agreements as well. We know if he needs to do a move in the future we will be able to talk with each other. And I hope we will not need to do this because he will stay and be happy at Leverkusen."

18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Call up Mijatovic, he'll find us the next Higuain/Marcelo.

19. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    No next Gago?

20. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He wasn't too bad his first 6 months at the club. :D

arcane repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Reports that the club will present a fourth kit in January. Seems kind of silly, holiday season would have been ideal, surely.

22. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
  23. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Maybe the contractor didnt couldnt produce enough kits on time.

24. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    It kinda bothers me the new Bernabeau isn’t white. Though the metallic theme is nice.

For €1B, its arguably cheap, considering decent players today €100m+

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's quite ugly if I'm honest. There's not much you can do considering the location but the old one was arguably a much nicer building to look at. The political dailies have posted comments like the city now having a billion euro aluminum foil wrapped casserole where everybody can see.

I understand the need for a modern stadium but compared to the Allianz Arena for example it's quite ugly.