The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And so are they next to Ronnie Coleman, Big Rami, Jay Cutler. What's your point? He's obviously talking about football players.

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    4FE8C7B0-F052-442D-B0DE-D7C540241528.jpeg

my son and I are bigger than most soccer players lol

Ssr9, Serengeti_Boy, sneakking and 16 others repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #8253 4x4s, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    I make 135 with my regular diet, and I've never felt small next to a football player of similar height. Luka Modric is one of the most durable players and he's tiny compared to many athletes, he's at around that weight as well. Ronaldo and Bale at their peak looked bigger in person than on TV. Marcelo and Carvajal are sneaky strong. When I saw Vini in person he was still pretty fresh from Brazil and he was comically tiny. Khedira also a big dude in person.

Adama Traore is according to the internet 5,10 tall, 158. He's a big more muscular that the average football player, possibly also a matter of build in terms of shoulder width, but if you look at the numbers he's tiny compared to NFL and Basketball players. I had the opportunity to see Campazo when Madrid signed him and my father was calling him the "little guy", haha :D

J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah 158 is small when it comes to that height. I’m consistently around 190 at 5’9

Bear Crotch repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal, sneakking and J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    NFL defensive and offensive linemen are small compared to them?

Ahaha just don't post if you're going to show you don't know what you're talking about.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah dude could literally hide behind me lol

J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I went to a Euroleague basketball game with my ex a few years ago and she asked me why basketball players are so regular looking and unathletic. Most people that watch football are used to shredded featherweights being the dream form of athleticism.

Truth is every sport and every position within it has its own requirements. Football players are mostly tiny, stability comes from correct posture and footwork.

9. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    First time of me hearing basketball players looking ordinary and unathletic.
    Perhaps she should see NBA players.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most basketball players trend upwards in body fat %, and it does serve its purpose.

11. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Training live on YouTube if anyone's interested.

Seems like we are trialling Hazard as false 9

Valverde playing as a winger

The 2 teams look something like:

Goalie; Odri, Rudiger, Eder, Dani, Camavinga, Casemiro, Ceballos, Vini, Benz, Valverde

And in the other team it looks like:

Goalie, Mendy, Alaba, Nacho, Lucas, Modric, Kroos, Tcho, Asensio, Hazard, Rodrygo

Hazard is finishing like a rookie. Rodrygo and Hazard seem to be interchanging positions.

Can't find, Mariano, Tobas, or Latasa in the stream. Probably waiting to come on

12. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vallejo has now come on for Mendy, Tobas has come on for Odri, Latasa come on for Benz and Mariano for Hazard. Could not make out it Alaba had been moved to LB or if Vallejo played there

13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From what i saw looks like they switched every now and again sometimes David would be out there sometimes Vallejo

.halamadrid2. repped this.
  14. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am glad Carlo is trialling breaking the C from the MK. There is no way they would've worked for another season. Tcho is so much more mobile. He comes from behind when you least expect it. Absolute monster from the training games I've seen.

You can also tell from the training games that Benz has a way to go before getting to the same fitness level as the rest.

It'll be interesting to see Eder-Rudiger in the games. It looked solid in training with Militao the one staying back and Rudiger the one going forward to press

Just like in games we make little use of our LBs. Only when Tobias played on the left did it look like we had the winger-LB interchanging. There was no connection between Rodrygo and Mendy but i liked how Rodrygo/Hazard overloaded the left like Vini and Benz normally do. Some nice exchanges. Especially Rodrygo looked very impressive.

Can't wait to see the team in action this weekend.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the other hand, you can't tell that much in training, Carlo isn't going to use training sessions to practice a team and lineup that has played this way for almost a decade or so.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The problem is the MK lol.

This is training anyways. If this was Carlo's final thought process we're in for a long season because without a lot of rest MK shouldn't be playing too many more big matches together.

We bought those two young midfielders and are developing another one. It's time to fully integrate.

17. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bet there will be a few tweaks here and there. For example Odri is obviously not a starter. So will be between Alaba and Mendy for that LB spot. The Benz team is basicay the team that started for the majority of the big games minus CB, LB and 2 midfielders which have been changed. Tibu was the keeper too so you could argue that Carlo is trialling a potential first XI

The midfield combinations will be interesting to see. What is clear though is that Carlo is attempting to break up MCK. He might try more combinations today and for the rest of preseason. Would like to see Cama-Tcho-Modric

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I honestly believe he will start off the season how he ended the last; with KCM+V.

Then he will begin mixing more of Camavinga and Tchou.

In the end we really need Kroos and Modric as part time players, Modric specifically honed and ready for big CL clashes. Casemiro is dependent on his body. Tchou, Cama and Valverde need to take major responsibility and I hope we don't impede them from doing so.

Saeta Rubia, MiamiNative0722 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Kroos definitely should not feel like his place is secured.

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

22. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carvajal has an ankle injury, will miss the Barca game.

Hazard and Mendy rejoin the team for training, but won’t be risked against Barca. And that’s why it’s fantastic that we signed Rudiger, but sadly don’t have a reliable backup for Carvajal.

23. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard avoiding yet another clasico. I mean who could've forseen that :rolleyes:

Ahmadi8 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A joke. I expect nothing from him.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013