The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    saadomar, Lyra, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  2. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    arcane, Saeta Rubia, RMSocrates and 6 others repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anon. repped this.
  4. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Digital and ImadEdd repped this.
  5. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Bale looking ripped and ready as usual, the guys injuries aren't his fault as opposed to Fatzard. Bale is gonna have a great season.

Baltor repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, I thought so too, as critical as we have to be of his shenanigans before he left for London, he never looked soft for a day. It's quite weird.

lukita repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He never had poor eating habits or laziness in training. Unlucky to have body prone to muscle injuries like with Robben.

Raul-7, Stiliyan, Bear Crotch and 8 others repped this.
  8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He had looked like he couldn't be bothered to play for us and extremely ineffective for far more than a day on the pitch though, hence being made to sit before he left, let's see what he brings on his return after smashing those bottom feeders in the EPL, i see the belief is at a high, if he does well that's a positive for the team, we still need goals

9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Alot of it was down to the fact he's a very limited, a classic premier league kick and run player. Teams would sit back against us because of Ronaldo and with Modric, Kroos, James, Isco, Benzema, Marcelo, etc., we were a team that liked to have possession. There's a reason that the team didn't really seemed to miss a beat whenever he was out injured and looked even better a lot of the time.

He was an awkward fit to put things kindly, but Perez really never seems to understands these types of things even after all these years.

10. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Early Madrid days he was dynamic - his athletic ability was unparalleled, but at least he was willing to take players on 1v1 and could put a decent cross into Ronaldo who is excellent in the air when it was a compact 10 men behind the ball.

I think the injuries took away that extra bit of burst and separation that made him special and could not adapt his game to suit Zidane, as Bale was not a technical player. Once ZZ zapped his confidence he was pretty much washed at that point.

At this point we’re better off paying him to sit and let him golf to be honest but that ain’t happening. The only thing Carlo can do is extract the last bit of football from him to dangle getting himself ready before the World Cup next year.

I’d settle for 8-10 goals and 3-4 assists from Gareth this season. He offers more than Hazard, VJ, Rodrego and Asensio right now which is pretty sad….

11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Right. Just looked disinterested.
    hRDE2Ac.jpg

12. Baltor

Baltor Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #6312 Baltor, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    I think when the fans smashed his car it made him disillusioned.

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I reckon Hazard's been lucky that there were no fans at the Bernabeu last season especially with him happy to pass back and scared to take on defenders. Now no one expects much from Hazard so maybe there won't be even any frustration if he's a no show again this season.

14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Isco looks good, excited for Arribas. Oh and Alaba should be our new FK taker.

PigBenis and natenate101 repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'll have a new BFF in the team for sure.

E0p0eldXMAAOnmX.png

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both Eden and Gareth have to step up for this team this year, i don't have belief in either one but i am hoping, we need goals from others besides Benz, bottom line

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Pintos will whip our boys to shape this season, even Hazard.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Some dIsco in there. Looking forward to seeing what he looks like on the pitch tomorrow.

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looking forward to Lunin, Gila, Miguel, Odegaard, Blanco, Arribas, Marvin, Jovic and Rodrygo getting minutes

20. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now that the new season is approaching it’s really hitting me how much of a bullet we dodged with some of those coaches we were being linked to.

Let’s do it.

I’m still worried about the midfield though (along with the attack’s efficiency), we ran Modric, Kroos and Case into the ground last season, by the time the last stretch came we’d hit a wall, similar to the 2014/15 season.

Shay Z repped this.
  21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shay Z repped this.
  24. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Lyra, Whiteboard and MiamiNative0722 repped this.