The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He definitely will be.

I don't think the economics check out either way even if they'd want to.

This one checks out, also a very good friend of Florentino.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  3. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love that you pull out these articles and news for us spanish-impaired fans, Saeta Rubia.

I am so hyped for the renovated Bernabeu. I want to be there for the opening match so bad. I hope tickets won't be too expensive.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, natenate101 and 4 others repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Saeta is a great dude. We appreciate him and Miaminative who also brings lots of RELEVANT news to the forum.

5. Whiteboard

Whiteboard Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. rrrrrafik

rrrrrafik Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 26, 2007
    London
    Digital, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lucky theyll only miss 1 match due to the break. Also lucky they will rest instead of playing in conmebol

Deep Pal and rrrrrafik repped this.
  8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These international breaks are getting ridiculous.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Ridiculous squad depth in 2016/17.

10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It would have been hard for Zidane not to win the league. Every position with two legit options. He could have flipped coins on game day to choose the starters.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Danilo was the worst fullback i've seen in a Real Madrid shirt in a very long while. Both teams are pretty equal all things considered, besides the goalkeeper spot.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2016 17 by a good mile due to Isco and James being in much better form back then.

Morata was also lightyears ahead of where Jovic is right now.

Asensio was also better back then

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah

Saeta Rubia, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio was as meh starting as he is now. He came on as a sub with a prime Cristiano effing Ronaldo next to him and looked better = shocking. Look at some of the players that looked useful next to Ronaldo, in the past, like Nani.

Main difference is James, Morata got 1800 minutes to score those 11 or so goals, Jovic played in the 400s.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    • Asensio back then would actually score a golazo or two.
    • Isco back then was actually in shaoe and could contribute something even as a tweener
    • James was scoring and assisting in decent form.
    • Morata was scoring so much you ripped the club for not starting him more and he left for Chelsea thinking he was a star. Jovic on the other hand is TRASH.

The best irony however is you pointing out James and Morata getting 1800 minutes when back then you and others were complaining they weren't getting enough :D

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Isco was much better back then..same with LV
    Also why are they putting Odegaard there.. Zidane stopped using him.
    Agree with Asensio .. he was the same as he is now.
    Is Modric 1st or 2nd team.. it is not really clear..

the main difference is that Zidane was using those players back then and currently he is not really integrating the subs effectively.. Mariano played over Jovic in the last game as an example and Rodrygo does not get many chances to start.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree. You can't really make a comparison like that. We've had deep teams before and ended up winning nothing.

We were integrating those subs into a much better first team so they looked better, as well as, well, it's like 4 years later and some of them went from their peak to their decline.

It's an unnecessary comparison really. We won a League title with Cicinho as a starting lineup player, it's all how players fit and what's going on as a whole, when it comes to substitutions.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, i mean, winning trophies is so easy. What a load of nonsense.

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    So I got a little drunk last night and stumbled onto this video on YouTube. Brought back memories of by gone players like Momo Diarra (thank you for that goal against Mallorca, we are forever thankful), Ruud, Jose Antonio Reyes (the best loaned player in RM history), Pipa Higuain, one guy called Raul Gonzalez Blanco (he was ok) and of course the incomparable, the magisterial, best player to ever wear the shirt, Cristiano.

Bear Crotch, Saeta Rubia, Doni and 2 others repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We've had some incredibly entertaining seasons with unsustainable friction. You can tell for example that the Capello show would become toxic if he would have continued, but for the time, it was quite entertaining.

21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Capello season was like no other, incredible emotions.

The Tom Cruise slow clap for Reyes’ second goal is hilarious :D

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How about Cerezo now who said that he would offer Real Madrid to play on Atleti's ground in order to have fans back when football returned? Imagine how out of touch football was that up until a week before the second wave flamed up, multiple Bundesliga clubs made efforts to bring thousands of people back into the stadium, and two months later the country is under a "soft lockdown".

It seems like the new stadium will be Ready almost the same time Fans will be able to return. Incredible timing by Florentino.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    NBA is selling tickets already and it's indoors. Crazy

24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Its understandable that they are staring down huge losses and the owners can for the most insulate themselves from the virus so there's not a whole lot of medical risk to them individually.

But eventually there will be a price to pay and as an example I cannot for the life of me understand how they can continue to offer these huge contracts with this much uncertainty in the near future and the likelihood of huge losses.

I believe an NFL quarterback recieved a $500 million contract last summer and posters are wanting the club to make a similar outlay so that Zidane can finally get his wish of managing the French nation team.

If there's is anything that will bankrupt these sports/teams, it won't be the fans (or lack of).

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany is a pretty big icehockey nation, and I was listening to an interview with a guy from the League last week or so saying that if they can't get fans back at some point in mid/early 2021, the League will basically go bankrupt. Most teams are already under administration or on emergency level assistance, deny playing without fans because keeping the lights on without fans is basically costing more than it brings in.

There are sports besides football and those rely on fan attendance to even be professional level sports.