The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
  3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The issue before Barca was coaching staff and their bizarre decisions. And despite that, it fails in comparison the issues we had in the summer. Specifically what to do and whome to play. Not exactly peachy situation to be in, especially for a 21 year old striker who barely came to Madrid and being entirely different player than Benzema.

Plus, your Mariano sample size is literally nothing. Given next 100 matches, he does not score a single time in that minute.

You call this excuses? Bizarre.

According to transfermarkt:

UEFA CL - 0 minutes in january.
    LA LIGA - 3 matches played / specifically 1`, 9` and 62`
    COPA DEL REY - 2 matches played / specifically 15` and 73`
    SUPERCOPA - 2 matches played / specifically 2x83`

1+9+62+15+73+2x83 = 326 minutes

He has played 326 minutes - before that he has not seen a minute for a approx. a month.

I said many times, i love energy from Mariano. But, i doubt this is the answer. Hence, i rather invest in Jović - who can outscore Mariano.

Who is "we" guys? I care about long term result. Hence, i was saying long ago Jović needs more minutes and continuity. He could easily have much more minutes with better rotations.

You are making false equivalence.

Lucas is purely a squad player usable in certain situations. Scoring is not exactly an area where he shines. Meanwhile Jović is a striker, whose main forte is scoring goals. Not scoring goals for a striker is torture with substantial negative emotional impact.

When he finally scores - and also a golazo, i would expect that coach tries to build on that to develop chemistry and confidence. I imagine finding minutes should not be to hard, especially now with comatose Benzy.

There is no brutal irony. Just again false equivalence, plus a fallacy. I never wanted Vin to be sold. The only thing i would consider is swaping him for Mbappe - which i have stated while back. While, I have thought about Loan. Why? Because of Hazard. And secondly because of technical issues with his shot. In parallel, Jović does not have technical issues with his shot. Plus unlike Vin, he can already score 20 goals per season. His issue is lack of confidence.

If i deemed Jović to not have quality for Madrid, i would have sold him in november regardless of him being "brother from another mother". His nationality or ethnicity or the fck you want does not matter to me. I don`t perceive it as competence. So, in the future how about you spare me of such rhetoric?

MaxY repped this.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Janez bre. Albeit my mothers side is represented by Croats. While my uncle is Serb.

Funky times. :D

Eddie repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The issue before barca was poor finishing and defensive lapses. If we would finish chances and not make stupid defensive errors we would have beaten City and not dropped a point in the league.

We bought him into the lowest stress situation for a big time purchase of our club.

Only to backup an on-fire Benzema. He started poorly missing sitters and basically disappeared in matches.

That is on no one but himself.

Fair enough I added from December, but the last line is false.

There were 5 matches in the monthof December and he played in 3 of them (77, 18, 9) for a total of 104 minutes.

104 minutes he did nothing but disappear and miss a couple sitters.

I have never argue against Jovic getting more minutes. I am 100% supportive of this.

What I am against is this silly notion we must start Jovic for a run of matches like we have the space or comfort to take such a gamble.

We need a spark, Mariano is different than Jovic and Benzema and unlike both can score from the bench with regularity.

If you truly are about Madrid over the player you wouldn't be against something so clear as day.

Well he has scored 2 goals in around 800 minutes.

Yeah we all know... it's everyone else fault except Jovic.

This is nonsense because Jovic did that one season. Vinicius had one season of scoring well for a kid as well.

A lack of confidence can hurt your technique... of course with you people the excuse for Jovic can't be applied to others for some bullshit reason.

The reality is we bought Jovic to be a backup and while Zidane hasn't used him as much as we would like Jovic did ******** all to give anyone confidence he should get more minutes. All you have is hope Jovic will do what he did last year yet the circumstances are different.

7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You should ask yourself why we have defensive and issues with finishing. Poing being the issue with your rhetoric being you always perceive mistakes as individual in nature.

Also regardless of the latter, current issues fail in comparison with the summer considering then we had nothing to go with which resulted in tons of different tactical attempts. Simple as that.

You can speak about relative situation, but the truth is playing for Madrid is always stressful. Especially for young players from different culture who usually need more time to acclimatise.

And before you say:" what about x-player, he did it..." Well, speaking in terms of character, people are different.

Okay, i should have been more precise. He did not play 4 straight matches in Primera, followed by playing 9 minutes vs. Valencia and 18 minutes vs. Athletic. and 73 minutes in CL.

Plus, he is mostly being subbed in and playing low tier minutes. Not exactly recipe for development. He needs match development. Specifically quality minutes. Not exactly rocket science.

Well shit man! We then agree! We just disagree why! Halelujah!

As for Mariano, which also answers that strange last sentence... I like his energy, but i don`t perceive it as solution for our issues. I doubt he can carry out attack.
    Comprende? But hey if he suddenly starts performing in big sample, then i will eat my words. But somehow i doubt this will happen, you know because first you need to actually being present on pitch to score....:sneaky:

Benzema scored 2 goals in 12 matches / 900 + minutes. Mariano TITULAR!

Look this is fckin absurd. Do i need to plaster you with Youtube videos of both players shooting and then tell you what bothers me in case of Vin, and why he cannot score 27 goals in one season like Jović did last season?

Jović needs time to adapt. Assuming he can. If he can`t. Then he does not have quality for Madrid. If he does not have quality for Madrid. Then he will leave. If he has quality for Madrid, but Zidane does not agree. Then he will leave and i will support it. And after that i will support Haaland and Mbappe. Prefferably Mbappe, because probably in case of Haaland he would suffer the same fate as Jović despite being character wise much stronger as it seems.

This marks the end of this debate for me considering all arguments have been given and at this point we are just running in circles.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Pointless nonsense. You get something wrong and instead of just accepting you must spin bullshit.

No thanks.

Someone should get you a tiny violin.

No one cares. Produce or get passed up. Vini was benched when he wasn't producing. Rodrygo is currently benched when he wasn't.

Yet you want Jovic to have special treatment. Not happening. He ain't Benzema. He ain't Ramos. He has done nothing for Madrid or Zidane so the onus is on him to force Zidane to play him.

Scoring 2 goals in 800 minutes when you're suppose to be a goal scorer does none of that.

We paid €60M for him expecting him to come off the bench and score for us, not need 2000 minutes to get comfortable.

Instead of admitting he has disappointed and needs to do better with his future chances you make excuses.

If he had made those sitters instead if missing them you would have a point.

9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You know that even if jovic would have score those sitters, hell, if he had score 2 games every game he played, benzema would still start all the last 4 games.
    Making benzema a goal scorer machine is so lame. He is so far from it. He is hurting this team with him avoiding the box. He literally don't give a ******** on the other players that surround him. That's how I see it and I think many others as well.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Jovic misses sitters no differently than Benzema and last I checked I want Benzema to be subbed and rested when need be.

I just don't understand how you people lie to yourselves as if Jovic hasn't been horrible and not just because Zidane relies to heavily on Benzema.

11. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For me Jovic looks lost in our lineup. His runs are off, his positioning is off with less than half the season left and he looks more like a winter signing than someone who's been her for 6+ months. It seems like he's not quite sure what he should be doing. However I've seen flashes of brilliance here and there. He's also hit the woodwork a few times - that coupled with the fact he doesn't seem to be in the game is making him anxious hence the missed sitters.

Our job as a team is to integrate him better - we can debate whether the minutes were enough or not for days - but our coaching staff have so far failed to integrate him. Whether that's because Jovic is lazy/stupid or because they don't know how to integrate him/ forcing him to play a role that doesn't suit him; We don't and probably never will really know.

Personally, given our attacking issues, I would have liked to see Jovic and Benz together more often.

RMSocrates repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is true, but the reality also is out club doesn't allow for this level of patience.

When you're given time you have to perform man and for the most part he hasn't.

We tried this a couple times and it was horrible so I'm going to assume that's why we never did it again.

In my opinion Jovic needs a classic forward to play off of. We were hoping he could transition to be the solo forward, but as you said he mainly seems lost.

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    21 year old newcomer struggling in chaotic situation at the start of the season which you are falsely trying to compare with situation pre-Barca and pulling out bizarre low sample size Mariano, and mostly receiving non-premium low tier minutes from the bench is pointless non-sense according to YS87!

I suggest you throw an eye at transfermarkt and actually look at minutes played and their distribution among the forwards. So, you know... you can actually make some sense.

I want him to get more and quality minutes. I want him to being utilized as a striker and not poor copy of Benzema. If you call this "wanting special treatment", well..... Bizarre.

I can plaster you with posts in which i am writing about my disapointment with Jović.

Secondly, by all means tell me what is realistic goal tally for player who has featured in 15 matches in Primera and:

1. 8 of that playing less than 10 minutes - average being 5 minutes.
    2. 3 matches playing less than 25 minutes - average of 20 minutes.
    3. 4 matches playing more than 45 minutes - average of 71 minutes. With 3 out of 4 matches represented early in the season, when we were struggling, and then 2,5 months of nothing substantial.

Then when he finally scores. What does he get? Shall he be rewarded finally - which is your theory if i remember correctly. Well he gets 7 minutes vs. Betis, then 4 weeks of nothing and before you know it, there goes another month when he finally gets quality minutes vs. Sevilla when he makes an amazing assist. Or when he scores his second goal - a golazo vs. Osasuna in while playing entire two minutes.... followed by "on the bench -> on the bench -> not in the squad x2".

The end result being he is at the bottom of the given minutes, despite having beyond comatose don`t give a fck Bale, comatose Benzy, two kids and Lucas titular. That is the reality of the situation.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Nonsense and excuses.

There is no need for any comparison. We paid €60M for backup striker we thought could contribute from the bench as an established goal scorer and he has disappointed severely.

Every stat I brought came from the site and if this trash is your rebuttal stop quoting me.

Oh and Lol at you wanting him to get "quality minutes" and be used as a striker. Apparently Zidane used Jovic as GK and what the entire ******** is a "quality minute"?

Lol ******** out of here with this nonsense scenario.

We paid €60M for a backup striker we expected to score from the bench.

- He has missed many sitters.
    - He has played almost 800 minutes and only has two goals
    - He disappears in games worst than Benzema

No one is arguing he shouldn't get more time so why you keep using that strawman; only God knows. The problem is some of you fans want him to be an undisputed starter to find form.

That is asinine.

In the end I don't give a ******** about your excuses and neither does the club. Jovic has to produce with the time he is giving or he will see himself out.

That is the reality.

This is not Arsenal.

15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Why do you have such trouble undestanding that investing mostly >10` with 5` average trash minute cameos and 60+ minutes every few months and giving zero continuity whatsoever, won`t bring you established goal scorer? Or that sending him to the pitch to be Benzy lite won`t help him either - hence my comment play him as a striker.

My argument is that he needs more minutes and continuity, and not being "undisputed started" as you falsely claim. He also needs to be played differently than Benzema. Considering how bad Benzema and co. are, i imagine him getting some quality minutes and some continuity should not be so hard.

When that happens and he fails, then i will worry and support the idea that he lacks quality for Madrid. While i won`t do that due to having missed >5 sitters which you are trying to represent as something significant while in reality it is inherently small sample which means nothing.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Why do you have so much trouble understanding Jovic wasn't bought to be a starter this year, he was bought to come off the bench and make a difference.

Which he hasn't.

Anyways continue your bullshit and excuses.

The reality is Jovic must produce or get left behind. I like the player and wish him great success in Madrid but he must produce... and the two goals with a bunch of missed sitters and struck posts means he hasn't.

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't you guys agree to disagree?

Lyra and janos audron repped this.
  18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah, 5 more pages to go.

Nathanial Essex and Lyra repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are both right. A player needs paying time to gain and maintain form

But a back up striker is expected to score whenever brought in. Look at Chicharito for example

Lyra repped this.
  20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude Chicharito did this and people started saying we should sign him permanently to compete with Benz, and suddenly the club couldn't get him out of Madrid fast enough.

Ahmadi8 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I never argued against the initial point. I stat3d clearly it wasn't reasonable to think the backup striker would walk in an play the majority of the time.

That is asinine.

22. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Mendy-Ramos-Varane-Militao?

MiamiNative0722, yoanaidarov and Lyra repped this.
  23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo/Ramos/Varane/Nacho
    Cause this is ZZ.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Isco out makes thinga a little interesting.

Does Zidane finally give James some real burn or play it safe using Modric?

Yeah, we'll see Modric.

Digital repped this.
  25. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James is out too frequently, I don’t think I’d be comfortable relying on him as a starter even though he was great at the start of this season.

A real shame. In a game like this he should get mins.