The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Adidas sucks. Their best design is the one with the least possible branding which says a lot about the brand and its design mentality.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Your opinion sucks. :cool:

Design is completely subjective. For me personally, Originals shit on everyting that NIke produces, plus i prefer sporting equipment from Adidas. Design, performance and quality wise. But, i would definitely give Nike advantage in terms of marketing. Which is not surprising considering... hey it is America.

Ontnr and Stiliyan repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Adidas basically begged Kanye to give them relevance.

Without Kanye blessing them their biggest sellers are the items with the least amount of design lol.

Oh and greatLulz at anyone mocking the US infleunce on design, fashion and culture. Sorry you've been under a rock the last twe decades.

RMrules repped this.
  4. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like Nike a lot but I’m adidas guy for sure

almost all my sport attire is adidas. I like the clean simplicity...

5. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is a pretty cynical view of the Adidas Kanye relationship tbh. They saw the influence he could have (and already had) in the sneaker market, and afforded him the freedom to do his shit, something Nike overlooked. The Yeezy branch is now valued at over $1bn four years later.

janos audron repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you want to look like you just got off the train and are about to wreck some sick windmills on cardboard, sure.

Some Adidas gear is nice, but overall the brand relies on nostalgia and famous people (Kanye, Pharell) for direction.

They lucked out with boost but other than that almost every other innovation in performance gear has come from Nike.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    As I said Adidas basically begged him. Kanye pretty much had a blank check and leniency to do whatever he pleased.

Nike wouldn't give him such freedoms because they didn't need to.

As I also stated Adidas without Kanye is basic stuff which people who don't want much design, creativity, etc go for. When it comes to cutting edge design and technology Nike leada the pack and has always been the trail blazer.

Read above and see why Adidas is their preference. Be honest with yourself and see why it is yours.

8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Begging, relevance, blessing...? Also, mocking US influence, what? You lost me bro.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah Adidas owes everything to Kanye and the influence which helped their brand tremendously.

Before Kanye's sneaker adaptations and infleunce, the brand was football kits and boots only.

Also you mocked the US in that post as merely marketing (empty) when the reality is much of what you see now ins influenced and by the country.

10. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you saying, in hindsight, Nike wouldn’t have afforded Kanye what Adidas did, knowing what the Yeezy brand has achieved within four years?

I’m not disputing the other points. There are three points why Adidas is relevant today; Stan Smith’s, Kanye and the Boost.

11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I’d rather we sign with Nike tbh. I find their fit and style more pleasing.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    In hindsight who wouldn't?

At the time Nike didn't have to. Adidas literally had to because they needed Kanye badly. Also, weren't the Boost Kanye inspirations?

Only Adidas gear I have are Madrid kits and yeezys.

Nike gear on the other hand I have many assortment of joggers, hoodies, shoes, etc. Heck my restaurant's employees use Nike shirts lol.

Even when I played I only used Nike cleats. They just had the best and lightest technology.

13. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Under Armour for me personally.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The worst lol.

Especially the American football clears and gear

Anon. repped this.
  15. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    This is such bizarre rhetoric. Every company on this planet wants to grow. Adidas, specifically wants to increase their market share in North America. I imagine that investing in artists and proper representation, is the way to go. Shocking really! So, the question is what is your fckin point? Kanye is Adidas. If Nike offered more, he would be remain at Nike. If Adidas signed Jordan decades ago instead of Nike, well...

No, i have not mocked US. I have stated that for me Adidas takes the cake, while i give advantage to Nike in terms of marketing - which is not surprising due to different culture - which i mean in positive sense. Get it?

16. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That’s what I mean, Nike overlooked Kanye’s influence at the time. Influence is something Ye is a monster at in every facet of his professions, and it’s not harsh to criticise Nike for it, because they let him go, they lost him.

I agree Adidas needed him more than Nike did, but Adidas still get praise for the vision on this one.

17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    That is your perception. As such, who cares?

A company investing in famous people. Shocking concept! As for nostalgia. Maybe. So? Classics should be left alone or experience minimum change.

So, luck and copying Nike. That is your argument?

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Uh, not what I said but ok.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Adidas were more lucky than smart. At the time Kanye was this heavy at influencing and Nike while recognizing he had a wave didn't see it becoming like a tidal lol.

The only one deserving of praise is Kanye because again without him they are plain, classic and way behind in technology. Kanye grew himself and his reach. That happens with or without Adidas.

20. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol @ Nike stans and their poverty gear.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine thinking your 40$ Stan Smiths count as upscale fashion.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol I'm literally the wrong one.

23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Idk about American football but I really like their cold gear and running gear.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Ontnr

Ontnr Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Maybe this is a cultural thing, but I don't see any reason to talk shit about adidas' brand and design mentality whether one personally likes it or not. Adidas originals is huge. It's clean and timeless and in perfect tune with the zeitgeist. Nike with its performance and bells and whistles I mean what's that got to do with streetwear design if that's what you guys are debating. For streetwear adidas wins hands down.