The Real Madrid Forum

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by astabooty, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ilferrari

ilferrari New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Perhaps its because Barca fans can't stop posting misspelling trolling posts on the much more active forum of the greatest club in the world (29 Ligas, 9 European Cups, 17 Copas Del Rey, 3 Copas Intercontinentales (care to post Barca's stats?)) with the most high-profile players and most successful recent history in football that you get the reaction you do?

Real Madrid fans hardly post here, whereas Barca fans can't keep off our forums. Take a look at the very first thread on the RM forum (Villareal) and I guarantee you will find plenty of them. Sinko is a good mod.

3. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies
    Thanks for the history lesson Guy. I love this thread! High profile players Hah HAH HAH HAH AHAH. WHY are u here then!!! i got some stats for u Raul 33 games 7 goals , Superstars 6, Trophies 0, Talk is cheap and history just gives reputation look at liverpool!

4. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    How bout we get workin' on some grammaticaly healthy sentences first, huh kiddo ;)

5. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    NOT TRUE

Very Biased moderator and continually eliminates opposing opinions...

6. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My problem with the Barcelona board is that alot of you guys love to mention Real.

Fvck them.

Seriously.

Barca fans should not be dependent on what they do/don't do.

But that's how it is with some.

This behavior plays into their lame ass signatures and superiority complex.

Concentrate on the current run, hope the 6 point gap widens this weekend and celebrate victoriously when all is said and done.

Fvck Real.

7. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Point noted....but look at it this way, without a rival what do you have to support.
    To some of us, Real Madrid is just another team who happens to have a history with Barca, or we don’t agree with how RM is run. To others there is a sense of oppression brought forth, a struggle by a "dictator" named Franco.
    From a personal standpoint my Grandfather fought in the Spanish civil war primarily against Franco's regime....you ask why would I like to bring up RM...Hopefully this justifies some of my resentment!!!

8. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies

I see ur point but that is what make football so exciting the rivalry. Celtic and rangers. man u and arsenal , Juve milan. i have no hatred towards RM or do i know about franco. i just posted salgados claim and along comes a history teacher :eek:

9. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    do us a favor and dont report posts from 2 months ago!

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh, you want a history teacher, eh? LOL...Well here, I am. I just try to limit how much I post in history teacher mode, so I don't come off like I'm trying to be a know it all.

11. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's why you asked if there were Jews living in Germany, or where exactly in the Basque Country Catalunya was. :rolleyes:

12. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Is it just me or does it seem like the Chelsea forum is becoming the Real Madrid Forum.

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont frequent the forum so much, so idk. they seem to have quite a few good posters, but also a lot of no-nothing bandwagoners. the worst i can say is that they have a know it all, elitist poster. however, he is a pretty good poster when not displaying said characteristics.

14. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ONLY come to this forum, and to a lesser extent, the Chicago Fire forum.

I like the people in this forum better than any other, and the Barca board seems to be the only one that isn't constantly invaded or occupied by idiots.

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Come on, how on Earth am I suppose to know every fact about every topic?
    LOL.

16. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    to think there are some ppl claiming that im a bad mod!?

17. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    How could I have missed this priceless comment? :p

18. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

LOL You are the best Mod on Big Soccer that I have come across and I post on alot of other forums. ;)

19. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen, I come here and then lurk on Yanks abroad, but even that has to be taklen in moderation or your head will explode with....

CAP HIM
    EJ to _________________
    LD is a PU$$Y
    etc....

And to comment about rivalries....

Where would Superman be withour Lex Luther
    Seinfeld without Newman
    Yankees without Red Sox (vice versa)
    Ford without Chevy

My favorite ESPN commercial is the one where the guy and the girl are kissing on the couch, she is wearing a Ohio State shirt, he is wearing a Michigan Shirt...the tag line is...

"Without sports, this wouldn't be so disgusting"

20. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This may be the best collection of post from the Real Madrid forum. Some clown over there decided to start a thread about "Whats your reason for following Real Madrdid". these post are hilarious.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197415&page=1&pp=15

This maybe the funniest post from the bunchl, courtesy of our friend lockjaw. My only concern from this post is after watching the tape, do you think your son might become an under achiever?????

21. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't know about best Mod as that's sheer irony, but he doesn't really open his mouth and let out absolute bullsh!t unlike the others.

So, maybe you have a point.

Mario, you and sidspaceman are okay in my book.

Now if we could only grab ourselves an UNAM-supporting moderator.

;)

22. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Yeah i can easily tell that the son wasn`t inspired from watching that tape, he must be surely regretting why he in the first place watched the los comedicos.

i read some of those posts they are giving funny reasons as to why they support the team given how spirited most claim to be. oh well at least they are headed for another trophy-less season. lets see what they will do in the transfer market.

23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Why do you guys follow Barcelona? Although you may not want to answer that cheesy question, as a Spaniard I am always pleasantly surprised at the strong following our clubs have here - beyond the following of Spaniards now living in the US.

If I may respectfully correct you, we are headed for a trophy-less season, not another trophy-less season. You may remember that Real Madrid beat Mallorca in the Supercopa last season. Of course, you can also take the "well that doesn't really count" stance - which is to a certain point defendable. However, I have often found that these fans that believe this title isn't important change their tune when the team they support wins it. Barcelona will deservedly win the league title this year and they will face either Osasuna or Betis in the Supercopa next year... will it count if they win it?

I trust that the majority of you, despite being antimadridistas, will be able to hold intelligent, nonbiased football conversations. I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on Barcelona and other teams.

Un Cordial Saludo a Todos y ¡Hala Madrid!

24. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course it counts as a trophy, but it is a piece of crap really. It is something nice if you win, but no one really cares.

As for why I started following Barca, it was the Dutch connection. Before I even really knew soccer, I was taught to like the Dutch. When I actually started watching soccer Barca had Reiziger, De Boer, Cocu, Overmars, and Kluivert. Since then, I have grown to like the club more so than the players, but I still don't claim to be a fan like a lot on here.
    Even for Ajax, my fav club, I don't have such a great connection. I will not feel one until I have a team in Miami!