The Real Madrid 21/22 Preseason Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jul 25, 2021.

1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The referee didn't even bother to allow the full 4 minutes of extra time.

2. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    5.Modric
    6.Bale
    7.Blanco
    8.Lunin
    9.Ancelotti
    10.Marcelo

madridista_hr repped this.
  3. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    #AncelottiOut

madridista_hr repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol, u right.

5. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Marcelo has no business being anywhere near this team. Even in a meaningless friendly. It’s like automatically being a man down. Same goes for Isco.

Seoul Villan repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not in this game really though, unless the mistakes are now an institutionalised thing, no one who played/is playing is from our core from last season, Isco and Marcelo were peripheral at best and a few players who were on the pitch we actually wanted to see get chances, anyway, first game so it is what it is, liked Rodrygo and Lunin, and like Arribas as a player, no one else impressed me, early days yet

7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Marcelo plays LB, the LCM (Left central midfielder, aka Toni Kroos) is going to have to constantly cover the left wing to plug the defensive holes. The problem would be further exasperated because RW are usually very pacey players (think Mo Salah and Riyaz Mahrez), and Toni has little to no pace. That sh*t worked when the offensive capabilities of Marcelo outweighed his defensive ineptitude. For Carlo Ancelotti's sake, I hope he doesn't stick to Marcelo for long. Idc if he's the ceremonial/honorary captain.

You know it's unsalvageable when someone like Zizou, who dogmatically supports his loyal players, threw in the towel and went with Mendy.

8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not in this game so i can't make that comparison yet, and this was the first game

9. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    The problem is Nacho , Marcelo , isco, and Lucas are still in the hangover of last season

we would even apprehend why they are still in the squad and not sold - PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE

10. Whiteboard

Whiteboard Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo isn't going anywhere and he's captain so' he'll definitely play a considerable role.
    I personally prefer Alaba or Mendy at left back but fairly certain Marcelo is going to get minutes on that LB spot.

11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This isn’t the campaign

12. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Well, the silver lining is hoping that Carlo and Flo know that we need to ship some players out and get some new ones in or we’re going to have no depth at all;

AO, Isco and Jovic showed again they need to be gone.

Marcelo is cooked. Sad to see as he had flashes of his old self, the touch and vision of a few passes but he’s just a liability on the field. He can’t move anymore.

Odegaard looks promising, he needs time to gel but I liked his movement off ball and was the one encouraging and guiding the press.

LV - can’t understand why we resigned him. Average at best and gifted the first goal. Should never play wing, stick to RB.

Rodry took that goal off a lucky bounce, but good finish nonetheless. Was the only bright spot in attack.

Nacho, had a howler with the second yellow. Can’t be faulted as he had no protection from the Midfield and in defense in taking the first yellow. I think he will be ok.

Lunin looked like he could start for most la liga teams. Hope we can convince him to stay and back up TC.

Shay Z and Anon. repped this.
  13. ThePlayBook

ThePlayBook Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Jan 17, 2021
    Who said there was gonna be a revolution?

Shay Z repped this.
  14. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is why Vinicius is a must in this team. We probably have 22 smarter players than him but without him there is no spark, no threat, no offensive output whatsoever.

Our pressing today was beyond pathetic. Absolutely nonexistent.

Blanco who we've all been praising played horribly, as did Odri and Marcelo. Rodrygo was invisible apart from his goals and patches here and there. Lucas did nothing all game, i forgive him though when you have Odri as your partner it's difficult to play well

It's like we knew what was coming before even seeing the game

Odegaard needs to up his game if he wants minutes this season. He is the midfield version of Rodrygo only his competitors aren't as terrible as Rodrygo's

15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Oh no we lost a pre season game, our first one with a bunch of kids on the field surely this means we’re doomed, oh god the horror, whatever shall we do, it’s not like we lost 7-3 in pre season and went on to win the league or anything, nope, pre season games mean everything.
    We might as well forfeit the season now.

ThePlayBook repped this.
  16. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    I think it should be clear by now even to the casual fan that Marcelo is a liability whenever he plays and his flank is going to be exploited time and time again.

17. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    1-1 Vs. Rayo Vallacano
    2-1 Vs. Rangers

Don’t convince yourself that with all our starters they start to score… we saw it last season and before

18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm hoping Odegaard has a good season. We need his creativity.

Seoul Villan repped this.
  19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I think he was getting overrun in midfield. Isco and Odegaard weren't much help defensively.

natenate101, Anon. and Drouchk repped this.
  20. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A midfield with Isco and Odegaard isn't one that I would associate with hard-work and defensive support. Blanco didn't have much help at all.

On a different note, fans expecting this team to be efficient pressers this season, with our starting XI,will be massively disappointed. I don't see our existing personnel helping us to become a press-efficient team at all, other than a few players. We're going to have to play a different style of defensive-strategy to a pressing-focussed one.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Odd statement. Odegaard was a mad man pressing, and probably one of the hardest working midfielders out there. He has an engine.

PigBenis, Stiliyan and Seoul Villan repped this.
  22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I didn't see him attempt any worthwhile tackles. A lot of the time chasing doesn't equate to automatically good defensive cover. It was too easy for Rangers to pass around the midfield. Transition defense wasn't that good either.

I'll admit Blanco should have done better in some plays on the ball. He lost it too easily in crucial spots.

natenate101 and Anon. repped this.
  23. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    It takes a collective to press - he was waving his arms and encouraging the press and telling others to get closer as he chased.

Having Isco, LV, Jovic around didn’t help.

It’s encouraging to see, but it looks like the team did not all get the same message from CA tactically.

Zidane05 repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LV doesn't belong in that group

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Pretty much this. No player is going to press for the entire team. If one player is chasing, it usually means there is missed coverage elsewhere.