The Re-birth of Mo

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by djdustmite, Aug 22, 2006.

1. djdustmite

djdustmite New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NJ
  2. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

Thanks for the news flash, dj. My sympathies to the Toronto fans, in advance.

Edit: have to agree with kubrick74; nothing personal, I wish him luck. I think he'll need it.

3. kubrick74

kubrick74 Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Good for him. It clearly didnt work out here, (though it was clear he was never wanted here by Red Bull and subsequently set up for failure - he dealt with a tough situation), but I wish him luck.

4. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    I think Toronto knows how to handle burning desires.

5. djdustmite

djdustmite New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NJ
    I wish him the best too. I thought highly of him when he took over from Bob. He had a great energy and seemed to mean business.

He was hard done by the whole Alexi-AEG-Red Bull clusterf*ck but on the flipside, he put himself in a pretty bad spot this spring by being inflexible and not playing to the team's strengths.

Ah well, we live and we learn. Go get 'em Mo. Here's to a Canadian 3-5-2.

6. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Good luck Mojo...

7. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Good luck Mo.

Now then, lets talk about trading Graham Taylor, Peter Canero and Chris Henderson to Toronto for some expansion draft selections.

8. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Mo wasn't fired for anything going wrong under his watch. He was let go to make room for Il Bruce.

9. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Bull Sh.....ttt man, he will have a fantastic team, all the MNT of Canada will be in Toronto and posible to win the MLS CUP 2007

10. djdustmite

djdustmite New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NJ
    Sure. No doubt, but had his watch been a little more productive it may have been a different story. Recall that Bruce would not likely have been looking for an MLS gig had his WC gone DOWN a different path.

11. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won't go that far. Mo was inflexible and made poor player acquisition choices. However not succeeding as a Metro/RB coach is not a knock against any coach. It's a situation where success has been impossible, at least up to the present.

12. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he would trade us pix for Canero, Graham and any other favorites?

13. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    I wish him luck and hope he learned from some of the mistakes he made...

14. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Mo, as a housewarming get I give you.... Peter Canero! No really, take him!

15. tigerfan

tigerfan New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Yeah like spending the entirety of every practice on his cell phone, and never speaking to or welcoming any player to the team like a man should. ******** him

16. BLewis1968

BLewis1968 Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Mo must have cloned himself if he was on his cell phone every practice, because I personally wached the cat out in the middle of the field during practices....