The Rapids to pick up Daniel Hernandez?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by foote5252, Jul 8, 2005.

1. foote5252

foote5252 New Member

Jun 8, 2005
  2. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you attempting to corner the market on Dmids in order to extort something out of out of the latter-day lakers and kids?

3. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're already talking about this in the 2005 roster thread. I don't think it is anywhere near a done deal.

4. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some one of you CRapids Fans asked the Rev Board for their opinion of DH and his potential value to your team. Come over and check out the thread. Most of us think he would be a GREAT addition to your team. He's a skilled player who leaves it ALL on the field. If you can get him we suggest you sign him even if you need to take out a 2nd Mortgage (Mega Smile)

As to your getting a Marques Player: I suggest you get realistic about what a "Marquee player" is in MLS. Most, in my experience are players escaping from something or on their way down and for the most part have been flops. The real value players are the main stream starters from good teams from leagues of MLS quality that want a chance to play in the USA and enjoy our quality of life. By my standards DH meets those criteria and would be a good marquee signing.

5. foote5252

foote5252 New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    its not that DH isnt a solid player. but he just isnt what we need. we need an attacking mid and/or an outside middy. DH does not fit either of those descriptions. not a bad player, just not what we lack currently.

6. Chung'sleftboot

Chung'sleftboot New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Yeah, let's trade everyone in our midfield for Ronnie O'Brien. He is exactly what we need. :)

7. Independiente

Independiente Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 15, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw on Telefutura's "Minuto Rapido" yesterday that the Rapids were auditioning a Pumas UNAM player, but I can't remember his name at the moment. I'll check their website and see if the name comes back to me. I think a fun player to see would be that midget-sized midfielder Medina who plays for Panamas national team.

8. Lurtz

Lurtz Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think he'd be a great pick up for the Rapids. They need a good attacking midfielder and Hernandez is one.

9. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca

Well, my understanding is that Daniel has been playing exclusively in the defense for Necaxa. He has attacking skills, but he's been mostly a center defender for this time there. Also, am I the only one that remembers him making disparaging remarks about MLS when he left? Why would he want to come back? Is he a buddy of Clavijo?

10. foote5252

foote5252 New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    what did he say?

11. miguel

miguel Member

Nov 26, 1998
    After watching last nights match between Chivas and Real Salt Lake, I think that John Ellinger would be more interested in Daniel than FC, considering their pathetic defense.

12. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca

To be honest, I don't remember. It was something along the lines of "I've always wanted to play in the Mexican league. It's a bigger challenge for me (re:better)". I think it was phrased a little nastier then that, though. ;)

13. foote5252

foote5252 New Member

Jun 8, 2005
  14. Lurtz

Lurtz Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm pretty sure he played under FC for the Revs so maybe they were friends...

15. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Fernando lost interest or if our unused allocation just robbed him.

16. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Word is he signed with the Revs