The Random Thoughts In Record Time Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by speker, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I'll take the help of anyone in helping to beat the Orange Orangutan the Repubs jumping on now makes me a little nervous. They were all silent when trump was openly race baiting and totally ignoring any attempts at oversight. But give them a chance to reignite the old cold war and suddenly they are "great Patriots" putting country over party. Don't want to be lumped in with the Neo-Con lot just because we both don't like Trump.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I will until November 4th.

owian repped this.
  3. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Trump can’t remember his intel briefing from last week and he’s “ The Leader of the Free World”
    Even though he’s the laughing stock of that World.

SamScouse repped this.
  4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Nah - Nixon (before this present imbecile) was without doubt the worst. And if you'd been around on the other boards where Speke and Sam and the rest of us trawled in from you'd hardly think I was ever someone who was likely to be gonna give plaudits to George W. But actually, I thought his initial reactions to 9-11 were fairly sensible and restrained. That changed with the infernal lying about Iraq's involvement and the subsequent unnecessary dismembering of tens of thousands of innocent people for the sake of corporate profiteers.
    That, as Vito Corleone said, I do not ever forgive ....

Imagine Trump trying to land a jet fighter on an aircraft carrier .... the sailors would want to all be wearing life-vests ... unless, of course, Putin was doing auto-pilot.

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If you would state what the specific mishandling was maybe someone could answer. London has a higher death-rate than Cornwall or Lincolnshire (per Capita) same goes for Milan & environs and Bari & environs. Same for Madrid and the Basque country. Same goes for Dublin in Ireland and Wexford in Ireland.
    Large clustered populations have a much higher capacity to spread and a much higher death rate. That's a simple fact. Are you blaming the mayors of London and Madrid and Milan and Dublin also?

6. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #481 zaqualung, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020

I was in last night ranting. I often let my disgust for Trump build up for a few days and then vent some spleen in a bit of late night staccato.....
    ;)
    I did answer your question about the "load of piss" though, then I saw that Delaynomo had already pointed at what I meant ....

7. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It would be even weirder if he were only 46 yrs old ....

8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

It's a bit funny (and tells you something about american militarism) the way this guy characterizes Putin as an ex-KGB goon, as if the KGB were some kind of weak entity back in the day....

The old Committee for State Security were NOT an entity to be messed with folks... Putin is of that stock ... not nice, definitely, but more importantly, not not-scary!

9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The Natural and Bull Durham are great baseball movies though....

10. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I couldn’t care less about baseball but Bull Durham was fun. Just because of the cast.

11. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So Trump thinks wearing a mask makes him look like the Lone Ranger. I guess he still doesn't understand the mask goes over your mouth and nose .......... :oops:

12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    listening to him talking about that yesterday was like listening to a 4-year old ....

13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    that one wan't bad I agree.

14. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Waiting for the game, I was ruminating about the much ado about us not winning the league for 30 years. Especially in light of not winning an FA cup from inception to the first of May (my Birthday) 1965. Yeah, 73 years.
    We’ve won it seven times since tho.

There was a story (I posted years ago) that Liverpool would never win the fa cup while the Liverbirds were flying on the Liver building.
    After we beat Leeds that day 2-1 it was reported that the birds had come down for cleaning.

Urban myth, I dunno, it’s a good one tho. :)

SamScouse repped this.
  15. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #490 LiverpoolFanatic, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Incorrect. Every state in the Confederacy seceded to preserve the institution of slavery as shown by the Articles of Confederation for every state that seceded.

As a historian, I find it ludicrous when people assume that history is learned from monuments. A monument is meant to memorialize someone who society thinks did something laudable. There was nothing laudable about enslaving people or committing treason in order to perpetuate that abominable system.

owian, EruditeHobo, Samarkand and 5 others repped this.
  16. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Incorrect. Abolitionist started talking about it prior to Jefferson and Washington as early as 1688 when Mennonite abolitionists in Germantown, PA began to petition against slavery. . See Dr. Ibram X. Kendi's Stamped from the Beginning for more details of early abolitionists movements and a full treatment of the history of racist ideas.

owian, Samarkand and usscouse repped this.
  17. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I don't know how I missed this 4 years ago, but I've finally caught up. :D

@usscouse might appreciate this as he has his ties to NZ ;)

bayred and usscouse repped this.
  18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Kanye West has announced he's running for President. Elon Musk has tweeted his support.

no, I am serious.

LiverpoolFanatic and usscouse repped this.
  19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The US is a joke country

20. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It is now. The laughing stock of every shithole one.

delaynomo and SamScouse repped this.
  21. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I like Oliver he should stick to comedy tho. I hate him as a ref.

What? oh.

el-capitano repped this.
  22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if I hear one more fukking commentator say a player who just missed a chance at goal "will be disappointed" I'm gonna kick a tv in.

and these morons get PAID to puke up crap like that mind-expanding insight?!

23. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Not the result he wanted.

What he should have done was...

10 foot lower, that’s a goal.

got to love EM though.

24. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Kanye West is a joke human....

25. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    So what's Trump's campaign strategy? I'm gonna run against the Americans I don't like!?