The Random Thoughts About Anything, except VAR, Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Meanwhile...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ort-is-a-joke/ar-BBXKx7R?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

LONDON — U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that the Democrats' impeachment report was a joke with no merit and complained that a hearing had been scheduled while he was out of the country.

Hey Moron!
    It's a Congressional Committee and report. Not a Democrat report. It's how the country works. We know you don;t like it.....

2. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outside: a hurricane rages.

Inside: Republicans argue that it's sunny and 70 degrees.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not thoroughly convinced we're getting rid of him in 2020, so I hope y'all are ready for the long haul.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh he is getting re-elected for sure. There are just so many dumbass racists, rednecks, hillbillies, and uneducated ********ers in this country for it to not happen.

delaynomo repped this.
  5. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Then trump rewards his faithful.

‘What cruelty looks like’: Trump finalizes plan that would strip food aid from 750,000 low-income people by 2020

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/wh...od-aid-from-750000-low-income-people-by-2020/

6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, that's debatable. There's plenty of people in the cities and educated ones in the suburbs to get that dumb f uck out. The problem is that the Democratic party is a circular firing squad. Who knows though, a lot can happen in a year. In 2015, the Republican party was the big joke with their candidates that seemed like a clown show. The way our media spins things and makes everything a sound byte for Instagram, is just awful. Our debates are a joke. What can you possibly say of substance in 60-90 seconds?

8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #83 zaqualung, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Anything's possible, but recent actual votes in critical areas are heavily against Candidates he backs. Also - all it will really take to get rid of him is some mobilization.His vote is already maxed out.

In fact, if I were google I would set up a temporary "learning/training/thinking" campus in certain states and transfer in a few thousand or some tens of thousand workers for thought-studies in November next year.from California where there is a large voting surplus. Reminding them all that they have a civic duty to register and vote.
    If rigging the population works for one it should work for all......
    (Oh, and just for the record, for Congress, all voting districts should be drawn with straight lines.)

9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

dunno - this maybe....
    "Like I say, we went out there with a game plan, put them under pressure, and like I say, at the end of the day, we found a way to win."
    ;)

10. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Trump on Prince Andrew:

2000 - Andrew's a lot of fun to be with.

2018 - I played 18 holes with Andrew and won.

2019 - I don't know Prince Andrew.

He. Literally. Lies. About. Everything.

How fukkin stupid do you have to be to believe a single word he says?

11. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Some of them were underage, so don;t tell anyone else....

;)

12. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Racism is a powerful drug.

Likewise misogyny.

13. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    A couple of Obituaries that take me back to the 80's ...

first (been a couple of weeks now) but this man was one of the funniest geezers to ever pick up a pen..... or open his mouth ....
    R.I.P. Clive....
    https://www.theguardian.com/global/2019/nov/27/clive-james-obituary

and today, Bob Willis passed on ..... he of that great downhill run to shatter the cocky Australians back in the hot summer of 81....

14. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Clive James witticism

upload_2019-12-4_16-57-40.png

A brown condom filled with Walnuts .... surely one of the greatest descriptions ever....

In 1962, a young man arrived in the UK from Australia, and – irreverently, joyously, hilariously – set about demolishing the walls between high and low art. The Observer TV columns that made him famous were essays of comic genius that treated all genres with equal seriousness and equal mockery. People who didn’t even own a TV bought the paper to read the high-wire weekly performance. Clive James was a TV critic who was also a TV star, a literary reviewer who was at the same time a poet and novelist, practising what he mocked, thin-skinned about being mocked right back.

15. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    How do you guys as Americans feel about this.

Make America 36th Out of 41 Developed Nations Again’: Social justice index of developed nations puts US near bottom

image.jpg

Hey we're above Turkey, Chile and Mexico. :cry:

16. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Got to love the way these arseholes can spin theft of matches we watch on TV, to us paying for a system that still has bugs. Reports of buffering, forgive me if I'm wrong but there's none of the DVR advantages. So you have to watch when they publish the time, can't record, can't run back ( to check VAR )
    BIGGEST DAY EVER... For them.

Amazon Prime smash new sign-ups record as Premier League broadcast makes Wednesday their BIGGEST DAY EVER, beating any Black Friday and the launch of the Grand Tour

The retail giant and streaming service rarely gives any window into their numbers, but has done so following figures that have eclipsed Black Friday and the launch of the Grand Tour.

Full Story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...unch-Grand-Tour-Amazons-biggest-day-ever.html

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    DAZN isn't any hot shit either. for the Brighton match it took 15 effing minutes for the game to show up. yesterday I wanted to re-watch the first 45 from Weds, no way would the damn thing load ("problem with this video. try later"). I gave up after about 30 minutes. bastids.

it took TV broadcasting - what? - 60 years to get to the point it's at now for picture quality, reliability and so on. not sure I can wait that long for the effing web to reach those standards.

18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What, exactly, goes into the "social justice index?"

19. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #94 usscouse, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Dunno.

Edit: But Wiki does. So there.

The Social Progress Index (SPI) measures the extent to which countries provide for the social and environmental needs of their citizens. Fifty-four indicators in the areas of basic human needs, foundations of well-being, and opportunity to progress show the relative performance of nations. The index is published by the nonprofitSocial Progress Imperative, and is based on the writings of Amartya Sen,Douglass North, and Joseph Stiglitz.[1]The SPI measures the well-being of a society by observing social and environmental outcomes directly rather than the economic factors. The social and environmental factors include wellness (including health, shelter and sanitation), equality, inclusion, sustainability and personal freedom and safety.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Progress_Index

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Interesting.

21. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Having lived in Ireland and Switzerland I 'm surprised that Ireland is a place above Schweiz....
    the internal spirit of well-being, I suppose.... ;)

22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  23. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  24. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Reminds me of a bit on the old Man Show (Comedy Central in the 90's) where they tried to end women's suffrage by getting women to sign their petition :ROFLMAO:. This is the type of shit you would never see in this age...

25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    guess who won"

:)

Boxing.jpg