The Random Thoughts About Anything, except VAR, Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I played against South Liverpool. Can’t remember the score. I think we won tho :)

speker repped this.
  2. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    usscouse repped this.
  3. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    LiverpoolFanatic and speker repped this.
  4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's an extra from Dr, Who!

;)

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It doesn;t really matter - you could have equipment from Star Trek and you still wouldn't find that micro-grain inverse of the infinite which corresponds to how little is the amount I originally said you would need help to find...
    :cool: :p

6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Lost a friend to covid-19 yesterday. He was from the same para unit as me. Hard as nails but couldn’t beat it. He went in hospital with a heart problem and contacted the virus there.
    Good family man and after the military he devoted ALL his spare time to raising money . Thousands of pounds for wounded warriors.
    The Facebook friends are massive in number. Can’t throw a wake as of now. It’s limited to his family. His daughter left a wonderful note on his Facebook page. My Dad!

R.I.P. Lee Critchton.

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    woah RIP. Mein Beileid!

8. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    So sorry to hear this news Ken. There’s a special sunny meadow of a LZ in heaven for the jumpers. RIP Lee

9. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very sorry to hear! Condolences.

usscouse repped this.
  10. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My condolences... stay safe and healthy

11. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My condolences also-

R.I.P. Lee Critchton.

12. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Just for fun, let's note the orange buffoon compares the ratings for his official coronavirus briefings to The Bachelor and also suggests medical staff are stealing masks ........ :oops:

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  13. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    do you think it's beyond the realm of possibility that masks are being "appropriated" in larger quantities than are immediately needed, for family members and friends?

these kinds of crises bring out the very best and very worst in people.

i like Kirkland cashews. normally they are about $15 for about two pounds at Costco. they are out of stock. here's a link to another source.

https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-CA18328C-Signatures-Cashews/dp/B00269UWFG

14. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Right. They need them for their personal safety at work but are stealing them in the tens of thousands for people who are not supposed to leave home. :rolleyes:

15. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Your obsequious defence of every idiotic thing he says is really something to behold.

LiverpoolFanatic and usscouse repped this.
  16. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if none of the people in question were leaving home, which is an absurd contention, since in NYC there aren't the resources ( enough delivery people ) to carry out the distribution of all the food and other items needed for people to function day to day, so people will have to leave home on rare occasions, then what you are saying would be absolutely correct.

was it precipitous for Trump to suggest that the unaccounted-for masks may have been stolen? Yes. did he say "stolen"? was he musing about what might have happened to masks that were supposed to be available but were nowhere to be found? if the masks had been sent to where they were needed but they could not be located, what kinds of scenarios would it be permissible to speculate about?

17. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #667 speker, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Re the masks, it's typical Trump at his finest(worst?) ie without a scintilla of proof just throws out a random statement suggesting something nefarious in NY.

usscouse and delaynomo repped this.
  18. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's just being a dick.

Nothing is ever his fault. If masks are in short supply it can obviously only be because:

a. someone is stealing them; or
    b. [insert any other blame deflection technique here]

:oops:

19. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You listen to him and let me know if there is any other interpretation.

20. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nah. i think Trump is an arrogant, petulant blowhard. it there were missing masks, and i don't know the whole story ( and i doubt that you do, either ) then there are a couple of possibilities. one is that some person or persons took them for the purpose of selling them, since they are a valuable commodity right now.

another possibility is that they have been lost, which is maybe worse, since that kind of equipment shouldn't get lost.

i was being charitable when i suggested that health service workers may have taken them to distribute to people they know, but i had forgotten that the "missing" masks number in the thousands, apparently.

it seems to me that NY could have been better prepared for this plague. i think it's senseless to blame specific persons because, after the fact, it's just needless pointing fingers, but some lessons need to be learned unfortunately at a horrible cost.

can we agree that it isn't all Trump's fault? he bears some responsibility for some of the damage, but that's shared among a number of people, principally the Chinese govt.

21. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm sure that Delaynomo thinks that is very possible, as do I. BUT Why do you feel the need to defend an idiotic, unhelpful, unnecessary statement of this clown, when the key to the matter is that he spent weeks dawdling instead of using his considerable power to stock up on stuff ahead of the game. Even if he was wrong he could have used it as a brownie point later, but no - be was too thick to give it a proper concern ... Simple as that. And he has staffed himself with equivalent thickness .. it's hard to imaginer the Obama or Bush administrations sitting about like that... Mick Mulvaney ---- ffs ......

it should have been obvious that after Italy erupted everywhere else was going to. He'd obviously like to dodge this obviousness with the help of every little canard that he can toss out there .... but some of us understand this .....

22. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Don't you know that there are people with sheds in their back yards with thousaaaands of illllllegals being hiddddden so they can vote illegally .... ;)

delaynomo and usscouse repped this.
  23. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #673 zaqualung, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    this is where you are completely wrong. Leadership has to some from the top. If you're entire mode oif leadership is confrontational then you will likely not be in a good state to tak equick across th eboard action. That responsibility rests with power, not its antagonists.
    As I said in another way in an earlier post, when I am winning in Vegas I feel great and kiss luck and my card counting nous - when I am losing I stop playing and put my money that I NEED in my wallet .... the earlier I figure this out and act the better i will always be.

corollary - Italy was the sign we would be losing .....
    there's no other way to look at it other than this sad truth - the biggest fool leader in history has been thrown into the worst peace-time crisis in centuries .... it's not good. It's equally not good to uphold his ignorant ramblings ....

24. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #674 zaqualung, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    sure - I agree with that. It's not, for example, Trump's fault that Man City didn't win the league this year, but the quaintly old-fashioned other part of this that some arguments ignore is that Pep Guardiola would be the first guy to say that Liverpool are better and that he failed where it was his fault. And that's Pep, a guy with a pretty big personal ego ....

Also, I'm not sure how you come to the reckoning that the Chinese government are responsible???

a). I would be absolutely in favour of a total ban on any live meat markets now - before last November, I didn;t like it, but I didn;t have enough reason to wish to call for a total ban. (Trump is still carelessly dismissing this issue.... btw)

b). An unfortunate particular of a pandemic is that it has to kind of start to look like a pandemic before you are likely to recognize it..... so you can't really blame them there either - they acted pretty damn effectively once they were aware .... I had never seen anything like Wuhan's lockdown and neither had anyone else .....

25. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    my wife's cousin is married to his daughter - while a great musician, there are probably 228 million people I'd rather spend time with.