The Random Thoughts About Anything, except VAR, Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have pureed some jalapeno, strained out some of the skin maybe and mixed it in with the dry ingrejunts. you can mince the jalapeno, but that means you get little bits of pepper rather than sort of infused thru out the bread.

my research reveals that the "heat" comes from the ribs and veins of the pepper, not the seeds or skin...

2. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Interesting speculation, sounds right to me. Waters comes across as a difficult bugger.

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I just slice it and take the seeds out, then mince it. I just didn’t add enough. The bits and pieces of ‘green’ spread though the bread adds to the visual as well as taste effect.
    Last time I made it, it was a real hit for an office party. Warm crusty bread cold butter!

StiltonFC repped this.
  4. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true story: I saw The Soft Machine, Electric Flag and Jimi Hendrix at the Shrine Auditorium ( same place the Academy Awards ceremonies used to be held ) in February of 1968. Blue Cheer was supposed to play, also, but didn't

[​IMG]

For me, one of the highlights was The Soft Machine playing "We Did It Again" for about 10 minutes...

russ and bayred repped this.
  5. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    chacun a son gout...

this is instructive. I'm not a visual eater. I guess I can sort of appreciate assemblages of food, but that's frou-frou to me.

6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I learnt from the Mrs. even the place mats and table setting are important. Just going to have breakers now and she’s laid out English beer mats for place settings. Frou-frou yes!

CB-West repped this.
  7. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Perhaps it was just a Floydian slip

I’ll get my coat

8. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ooh - yes please!
    Minus the coffee, that is over-rated...but the bread? Mmmmmmmmm

usscouse repped this.
  9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Soft Machine were a one of a kind, out of this world, musical bizarro dream...... just fantastic those 3rd and 4th albums ...

Hendrix would have been fantastic to see, but I hardly ever listen to Hendrix (All Along the Watchtower excepted) - largely because the sound of his singing generally has always left me totally disinterested.

10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Make it a Parka! ;)

11. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't like "Little Wing"?

I think "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)" is essential listening.

12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ok so here's lockdown post 1.

Rugby union is not the same as rugby league. League is better. :)

13. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Here's some rugby LEAGUE for your viewing pleasure from last year- this year is done as well for the time being :(

14. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Bollocks.

Next topic please. :D

15. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I suppose you are right. In the same way that many folks will say that Friends was better than Seinfeld (Comedy) and that Trump is better than Obama (Humanity and comedy also) and that Die Hard is better than the Godfather (Cinema) and that Eat, Pray, Love is better than Dr. Zhivago ... (Writing and keyboard masturbation) and that the Brazil 94 team was better than the Holland 74 team ..... (Just plain zonkiness)

sure, I'll go along with your theory ....
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    oh, and there's this ....

16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong

17. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Exactly- shit ;)

18. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'll send you some Vegemite if you want some :D

19. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if the 74 and 78 WCs were held in what would amount to a neutral location for Germany and Argentina, the Dutch NT mighta won both, even w/o Cruyff in 78

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Outrageous. Can only come from someone who hasnt seen the documentary on WC 1974

21. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    partisanship doesn't become you...

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd call it advantage through information

23. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how old were you in 1974? did you see any of the tournament in real time?

not on the same topic, and i savagely dislike Argentina's football team, for easy to understand reasons, but when Goycochea stopped Brehme's PK attempt in Italy, I was ecstatic.

24. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

There was a (BBC documentary) some years' back on the Great Teams --- and the one that did the Duytch '74 had some very interesting insights, particularly from the great Wim Van Hanegem who anchored the midfield with Neeskens.

He explained how they lost the 74 final, which gels perfectly with anyone who watched it in its entirety either then or later. Germany played well, probably as well as they could to come back from the blow at the start. Holland were totally dominant after the first minute goal, and for half an hour, instead of just getting the job done and the score up to 3 or 4 they toyed with the Germans. They really disliked the Germans, and it became more than about winning but about humiliation. Half the team showboating and half sticking to the plan. There is no doubt in Van Hanegem's mind that had they not adopted this mode the game would have been likely done and dusted at half time, even with Germany's penalty scored. But the psychology was wrong and when Germany equalized and then when they scored again just before half time with the dutch side already throttling down for half-time the 45 minutes left didn't allow for the dutch to manage the job again. It should have, but it didn't.....

Football has had a lot of weird scenarios like that which caused major disasters. Holland has had three or 4. That '74 Final. Frank Rijkaard's easily rankled (non-phlegmatic to phlegmatic) nature in 1990. Cruyff in '78 making a (probably necessary) statement about the kind of murderous slime who were in charge of Argentina at the time, and Ruud Gullit 20 years later walking out of Dick Advocaat's final pre-world training camp. No way that Brazil team would have gotten out of that game had Gullit been on the field. The Dutch should have won it anyway, but failed .... not that they would have beaten the Italians had Baggio been fit and Signori therefore likely also played......
    But its a game I wish had been played......

My opinion on '74 is that if at the end of minute one the game had begun with Germany allowed a 2-0 advantage instead of the Dutch 1-0 one, then the Dutch would have won.

'78 was a trickier proposition. With Cruyff they would have almost certainly won. As it was they were about three inches of a post away when Rensenbrink's shot came back off the post at the end of the game (88th minute i think).

usscouse repped this.
  25. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    I’m old. As a yoot I caught the 74 final in a bar in Frankfurt. Some pretty good partying happened after that.

usscouse repped this.