The Random Thoughts About Anything, except VAR, Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    a) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    b) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

delaynomo repped this.
  2. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If the Pope told us the Vietnam war was still going on should we believe him?

3. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Stilts should get a job with the GOP. :ROFLMAO:

4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It's an acting unpaid job. 43% of the country have it.

SamScouse repped this.
  5. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a slightly more interesting note, the score of Sheffield United's and Manchester United's contest is, indeed, something to rejoice about, at least for now.

6. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeah as Shefield go to 5th and Manure to 10th. Ouch.
    Got to keep Olie.

Not a fluke for Shefield, it's a tactical plan the manager instilled that's worked to get them out of league One and up into the top 6 of the Prem.

7. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 now Sheffield

8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    check the OTT thread

9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #34 usscouse, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    b). - That the answer is going to be shown on a comedy show doesn't make the answer any less gormless than if it were a news show.
    and
    c). not really. If Obama had been mentioned as the perpetrator of those things, those fine citizens would have found ample opprobrium nd faux understanding....

The education system that you should be more concerned with dealing with is the one that sends out misinformation under the guise of news to a subset of people specifically targetted to receive this dangerous brainwashing......

11. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That depends - are you a serious Catholic?
    He is infallible... ;)

12. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was responding to a post that said that the interviews were being aired on a comedy show.

talk to the hand.

13. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why? Just because it's for a comedy show does that make the answers any less ignorant?

14. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was the post I was responding to:

the thrust of the post is clearly that the interviewer(s) are exempt from being honest with the persons being interviewed because of the nature of the show.

i disagree.

in an era where there is such violent dispute over what is true and what is not, it is incumbent upon people who have a stake in such matters to adhere to what is fair and honest as much as possible, even when the province is farce or some other comedic turn.

should the people being interviewed know that the interviewer(s) were being disingenuous about the situations being discussed? sure. that's just a matter of having reliable information. however, the intent of the interview was to make people look stupid. good job. you win that battle, but you lost the more important battle.

15. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I guess no one told the President.

usscouse repped this.
  16. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Reliable information? Where has there been any information whatsoever that the Vietnam war is still going on?????

If you think it is .......... you are just stupid. No excuses.

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    that is so bizarrely stupid ......

the thrust of the post was to push back on your position that the media are to blame for people being stupid.

says one of the people who completely ignore the fact that Trump lies every time he opens his ugly gob and has done more than any human being on earth to NOT "adhere to what is fair and honest".

PS Happy Turkey Day.

18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    That's a weird wish seeing you glutin free Libs have declared war on Turkey day as well as Xmas. :)

According to our fearless leader of the heel spurs.

19. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    For the first time ever. Well 42 years now. Mrs Scouse is not slaving over her famed Turkey Dinner. (And clean up)

We're eating out...!!!

With four friends, we're going for the relaxing, let someone else do the work, dining.

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    good for you (and her :) ). Enjoy !!

usscouse repped this.
  21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    funny you should save that. my wife and I were commenting yesterday on how the word "Christmas" seems to be dying these days. everything is "Holidays" now. I get that ppl want to acknowledge other beliefs = fine with that - but doing that doesn't mean you have to obliterare one of them and make mentioning it almost "impolite".

22. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so you say...

the single part of the interviews where the people being interviewed absolutely should have known that it had nothing to do with Trump was the Vietnam War question. of all the questions, i think that two people responded to those. you call them stupid. how very generous of you. perhaps they are hopelessly ill-informed. one woman said she doesn't watch the news in an earlier question. if you want to assert that she should know things that the overwhelming percentage of the population knows, i won't argue with you, but that doesn't negate the fact that the people were being lied to, and that, sir, is not justifiable.

also, i bet we could find an equal number of people who support Sanders or Warren or some other Democrat candidate who would say that their favored prospective choice should not withdraw from the race even though he or she voted to impose the death penalty for some minor infraction, say insider trading or tax evasion, something that the wealthy are more likely to do than other folks, probably.

the aim of the interviews was to ridicule people and the way that was done was to lie to them. in my view, that's worse than stupid. it's cruel and callous. people who approve that kind of behavior tend to be smug, self-righteous and mean-spirited.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

23. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This has been a complaint of (typically older :D) people for as long as I can remember. Not sure how much fact there is in it. Most corporations and government offices say "holidays" to blanket over the many but most people will say whatever they celebrate to others and no one is offended. If they are, they have bigger mental issues.

24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I "borrowed" this from Dapip on the War on Christmas thread. It's encompassed Thanksgiving now.

[​IMG]
    AltHomelandSecurity[​IMG]

@AltHomelandSec

Today at Walmart I told the cashier Happy Thanksgiving. She said, "Happy Turkey Day." I smiled and said, "You don't have to be afraid anymore. President Trump gave us Thanksgiving back." She started crying tears of joy & said "Happy Thanksgiving" and everyone in the store clapped

12:20 PM - Nov 27, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

3,294 people are talking about this

25. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This from the same thread.

Dearest Prudence,

Viceroy Gobble's gravy boats have taken the docks.
    My men and I have retreated to the cranberry bogs, where we are over-oiling the fryers now, for our last stand.

Tell the children our revenge must be served at a minimum of 165 degrees.

#WarOnThanksgiving