The QPR Transfer News/Rumours Thread V: 07/08

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Atouk, May 10, 2007.

1. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus, we need a keeper. If part of the money goes to buy Camp and the rest to pay debts, it may have to be done. If there aren't two bidders, it's tough to make the price go up too much.

Thank goodness Cook is a QPR supporter -- otherwise, he probably wouldn't have signed that extension, may have asked to go in January, and might be pushing louder about wanting a move to the Prem right now.

2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If Lee Camp is on his way to Loftus Road, Derby are doing a good job of disguising it. He's been actively involved in their pre-season matches/training and their manager Billy Davies claims that he'd like Camp to stay...

Rams boss Davies fancies Camp
    http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=321591

Billy Will Not Take Risks With Injured Keeper
    http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/d...tentPK=17843184&folderPk=78988&pNodeId=126358

3. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Daily Mail says we've made a bid to take Spurs left back Phil Ifil on loan as cover for Chris Barker.

The same story also says "Gregory looks to have beaten Alan Pardew" in a race to a loan for 17-year-old Chelsea player Ben Sahar from Israel. The story indicates that the loan would be through December, that Chelsea would continue to pay his wages and have a recall option, and that QPR may beat out Charlton because of a greater opportunity for first-team minutes.

4. Oblivion_Master

Oblivion_Master New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    nice. he really talented player. he played in the first israel NT and with the U-21 national team in european championship and played 5 games in chelsea senior team. i think we will be good for you.

here some videos of him:

score against france U-21: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_zUc7s1io04

score twice with the first israel NT against estonia:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m23ccQH3zQE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYnkn5tRy1o&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IleI3kHdUBE

Debut for chelsea in his first time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0GAn2NTVHpY

5. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thanks for the useful info!

If I remember correctly, Sahar was in the headlines when he moved to Chelsea for being excused by the Isreali government from his mandatory military service. Interesting story. Hope he suits up for the Rs, as he's supposed to be a terrific young player.

Gregory and Rangers management certainly seem to be striking up a good relationship with Chelsea. It stings in some ways, but whatever's best for the club...

6. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    More romoured developments in the Lee Camp situation... apparently Derby are shopping for his replacement.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/d...tentPK=17862391&folderPk=78988&pNodeId=126358

7. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad news on the Lee Cook front. A variety of papers are saying we've sold him for various amounts.

The Daily Mail says its a £2.5m fee and Cook has been handed a four-year deal.

The Daily Mirror says the fee is "around £2m."

the Sun says Cook "has joined" Fulham "for £2.5million on a four-year deal."

The Sun's story also says "the Cottagers promised his weekly wage would rise from £4,000 to £20,000," and has a quote from Gianni Paladini, "I admit there is not a lot you can do when a Premier League club offers five times what you can pay him."

The Telegraph says it's "a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee."

The Times says QPR has "accepted a £2.5 million offer."

The Independent says QPR is "understood to have accepted an increased fee of around £2.2m for the winger Lee Cook."

So, one story says the fee is undisclosed, one says around £2m, one says £2.2m, and three say £2.5m.

If memory serves, Watford will get 25%.

8. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing on the main site (does anyone else not like the redesign?) so perhaps these stories are all just quoting each other's rumor. Wishful thinking, I know... 2.5 mil seems a little low to me.

9. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Well, on the bright side, that's a nice chunk of change. And it seems we'll have half of Chelsea's young reserves in to help this season.

Still such a shame losing (perhaps) the best player in the division - and an Rs supporter as well.

10. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, Jimmy Smith has gone on loan to Norwich City through December.

11. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The quotes from GP in the Sun site have me thinking it's a done deal.

Yeah, I'm not yet used to the new look of the official site -- not sure I like it.

12. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  13. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It doesn't look too bad, but I have trouble finding things. The other day I wanted to see if they had the new shirt in ladies sizes (for my wife, not me :)) and I couldn't find the link to the club shop. If someone wants to spend money on your site, don't make it tough for them to find the link!

14. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll be interesting to see what happens with that. Jimmy Smith was with Chelsea on their American tour last season (and played almost 40 minutes against the MLS All-Stars), so who knows? And if Sinclair doesn't break into the first team, maybe we'll get him in December.

I'm glad to see that it looks like Mancienne is coming back. Add in Sahar, let's get Camp signed (reports indicate we've agree a deal for £250,000) and let's get the season going! :)

15. Lloydy

Lloydy Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Aylesvegas, UK
    Mr Hastings has suggested I pop on here and divulge the latest transfer news from this side of the pond...

it does however look like Mark and the gang are as handy with google etc as we are in the UK! Who'd have though it?

Mark, you got any travel plans? I'd suggest you bring your netminder mits ;-)

16. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On that note, the Ealing Gazette reports that a "£250,000 fee has been agreed" between Derby and QPR for Lee Camp.

Yesterday's Gazette also says:

17. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

Thanks for popping in, Rich. Are you mostly posting at the new dotorg.org or at Battletank's new site? I need to start getting over to those sites again. I've mostly been reading/posting here during the summer (and checking the LSA site, which hasn't been too busy).

My wife and I have booked to come over for the Watford match on September 22nd.

I'm trying to swing one (or, at best, two) other trips this season. One possibility I'm looking at is coming over in early November to get two home games in one trip -- Sat, Nov 3rd vs. Hull and Tue, Nov 6th vs. Coventry.

18. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  19. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping you meant Camp, not Cook. :D

Lee Cook goes to Fulham for "a fee of £2.5million, which could potentially rise to as much as £4.5million." He signed a four year deal at Fulham. Gregory said "Ultimately, the decision to let him go to Fulham was down to me. Both the Chairman and I had long discussions over the financial offer that Fulham made to us. The offer was increased three times before we decided to accept the transfer fee and allow Lee to go and sign a four-year deal with our neighbours, which will secure his own personal financial future."

20. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cook speaks: http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~1072866,00.html

21. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    19-year-old Chelsea defender Michael Mancienne returns to QPR on a season-long loan. Nice move.

Now, where does he play? Of course, having depth is a great thing, but we now have five "starter" types: Barker and Bignot out wide, Cullip and Stewart centrally, and Mancienne, who can do both. If everyone is healthy to start the season, who sits?

22. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If Mancienne sits for the Bristol City match, he'll probably get his chance in the League Cup match a few days later. Good to see a little depth in defence to start the season - we'll need it.

We also need a keeper............

23. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  24. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The rumour mill is heating up again...

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=322368

25. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The New York Times (of all places) in notes at the bottom of this article on the USMNT says Ben Sahar is coming to QPR on a three-month loan (although it also says he'll return to Chelsea in late December, which is five months from now).

A report on qprdot.org say he was training with the R's today.