The pursuit of the EPL?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Clinical Striker redded, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clinical Striker redded

Jun 2, 2007
    Overall A nothing league. 96 % of the clubs only booth long balls constantly, Tackle, run, run, tackle stupidly, play a Long ball and repeat all game long. Hell watching an average EPL game like Liverpool-Hull, Newcastle -Wigan is a fcking disgrace and Hell. Limited talent. Nearly no tactics and technical ability at all. A joke.

Most overrated media whore league in the world. Only Spurs, Man utd and Arsenal play some decent football at times. The other clubs are horrible freaking horrible to watch.

Chelsea has clearly already won this nothing league. The most predictable league ever too.

Without the extreme money and thus foreigners playing in it, it would be even worse aka the same as the English national. Fu.ck.ing horrible and dull as f.uck.
    One day all those sugar daddies will be tired of their little toy and goodbye foreigners goodbye only quality in the league. Fact.

2. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    you know i actually agree 100% with your concept of the EPL, and its really really overrated here especially in america

3. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    96%, eh? My calculations put it at 93.8%. What are you fudging?

And may I express my sincere regret that the Mods took the lamentable decision to issue you a Red Card. If contributions of the quality don't have a lasting value to Bigsoccer, then nothing has. May you reincarnate as some suitably silly sock speedily and without hindrance.

4. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok, so a crappy league that arguably has the best record in European club competition..ok...

I think without sugar daddies, English teams could still compete. In the history of the Premier League the teams with sugar daddies that have been successful are Blackburn and Chelsea. I suppose Chelsea was a big club before but Blackburn weren't. Even still, at both clubs they won the league after a sugar daddy came along, which is really the only way a smaller club can be successful nowadays. Other successful Premier League teams like Man U and Arsenal haven't relied as much on sugar daddies, and probably don't really need to.

And the EPL is predictable? LOL! How many teams in recent times OTHER than Real Madrid or Barca have won La Liga? What about Serie A? I bet most Scudettos have been won by Juventus or the Milan clubs in the past few decades. Look at France and Lyon, or Scotland and the Old Firm, the Netherlands and its Big Three, Germany and Bayern Munich and you would also see predictablitily.

5. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    apart from arsenal, the EPL is all about kicking and running as hard as you can. then theres chelsea, man u, and liverpool; which kick and run as hard as they can, as like the other 16 teams in the EPL. the only difference is that chelsea, man u, and liverpool do it more effeciently;)

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm amused by the idea that football in countries other than England involves neither kicking nor running ...

7. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    thats all they do in england though, in other countries they actually make the game fun and likeable;)

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ah yes, the almighty Peruvian League :rolleyes:.

You sure you weren't watching nothing but Wimbledon sides in the 90s?

9. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    since when is the peruvian league one of the best in the world? i'm comparing it with la liga, serie a, and even the eredivise.

10. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    HAHAHAHAHA!

For one, you missed the ":rolleyes:".

And congratulations for making quite possibly, the most retarded statement in regards to leagues. The Eredivisie? Seriously?

11. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    yea, but they play entertaining soccer, which is what attracts the people;) if your english your not gonna watch chelsea, man u, liverpool, arsenal, and maybe man c. then you might as well watch a horse raise.

12. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I fid it amusing the "stereotypical" view of the English game. I will leave the idiots with one point, if its constantly long ball, long ball, long ball then why did:

Chelsea 1 - Man Utd 1 - no goals from long balls

WBA 1 - Villa 2 - One goal from long ball

Man City 6 - Pompey 0 - 0 long ball goals

Hull 2 - Everton 2 - 0 long balls goals

boton 1 - Arsenal 3 - 0 long ball goals

Sunderland 2 - Boro 0 - 0 long ball goals

Liverpool 0 - Stoke 0 - 0 goals

Blackburn 1 - Fulham 0 - 0 goals from long balls

West Ham 3 - Newcastle 1 - 0 goals from long balls

Total goals this weekend 26 goals from long balls = 1

Approximately 4% of the premier leagues goals came from long balls, now could this just a be a freakish weekend of action or could it be that you are talking out your backside and clear have an agenda agaisnt English football.

13. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To be honest, I think people just watched too much Wimbledon FC matches back in the 90s.

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    A game doesn't only consist of the few seconds it takes to score a goal.

15. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So lets take the Liverpool stoke game as an example...80% possession and not 1 long ball played all game by GK or any of Liverpool's defenders.

Yes the lesser teams do play a more direct style, but even then, they dont play the typical long ball game.

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And it ended in a 0-0 draw. Yey.

17. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So the Aussie league or Eredivisie would be your favourite then...just because of their lack of any defensive skills and averages of over 3 goals per game.

Goals arent the requirement for playing football...its actually watching teams play football at both ends of the pitch...not just watching a bunch of fairly skilled forwards taking on school-boy defenders, as we see in Holland.

18. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Oh...btw did you watch Juventus' first CL group game...that was exciting! :rolleyes:

No combination passing at all...just get it to Del Piero as quick as possible and watch him do something good once out of 10 attempts. Or maybe just rely on set-pieces because that squad cant put together 10 meaningful passes.

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yeah I did. And we were terrible. Atleast we scored, against a much better team then Stoke I might add. I can actually picture Liverpool going 50 years before they win another League Title. Maybe 100.

20. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Have fun...come back to me when we win it.

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I would but I don't expect to live more then about 40-50 more years so it won't happen.

22. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone who says that Serie A is exciting in comparison to the EPL is talking rubbish. And anyone who thinks that the standard of football in Holland is more entertaining than the EPL is simply a liar and anave.

I used to watch Serie A every bleeding week simply because it was a football game but exciting is not the word I'd use to describe it. The Italian game is, by it's very nature, defensive. They invented Catenaccio and have solidly applied it every year since. The only side who are worth watching are Roma and that's because Spaletti enjoys going forward. Juventus used to be good to watch with Zidane and Del Piero but now they're boring again. Inter, despite having rolled the leaguem over 2 years running now, got spanked by Liverpool last year. I have yet to see their star players blow me away.

Opinion is something everyone is entitled to, but don't shovel sh*t and expect people to buy it.

23. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah, but we all know your track record on predictions regarding Liverpool, right?

Face it, kiddo you do not have, nor have you ever had, a clue.

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    By the referee you mean. With a neutral ref Inter would probably have gone through. And please don't talk about star players. Take away Gerrard and Torres and Liverpool have nothing.

25. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well, we didnt have Gerrard and Torres and we beat the best team in Europe...seems like Matt is right...you have no clue whatsoever...you are absolutely useless to this forum.