The Puppies Ad

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Finnegan, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Until you have reached the rank of Arbiter of Bigsoccer Truth, some things may not be challenged. If any of the Arbiters of Bigsoccer Truth decide something is true, your only choice is to accept it and take the next boat to Jonestown...

2. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Y'know, I find it funny how conservatives always decry political correctness and claim to be in favor of open, unfettered debate ...

... right up until the moment someone from the left gives them what they say they want. Then they whip out the victim card and run home crying to mommy.

And the thing of it is, they're not nearly as good at rolling around on the ground as Carlos Ruiz, let alone having his productivity.

3. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    As liberals often do, you miss the point... As I said before, I wasnt even talking about that issue, I was refferring to this
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d099:12:./temp/~bdmw2v::

A bill which is titled "A bill to provide for a comprehensive bilateral and verifiable freeze between the United States and the Soviet Union on the testing, production, and deployment of nuclear weapons systems."

So congrats to all of you for proving that the budget cuts, that i wasnt even talking about, were used by bush to mislead the public!!! So while you accomplish that, you can't deny that he tied to get rid of our nukes at the height of the cold war!

I really just dont get it with you people, are you really not aware of things like this, or do you just hope that no one else is aware of them???

4. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    ok.. that link doesn't even work.. damn, you'll have to go to the Library of Congress site or just google "s.1500 99th congress" and you should be able to find it

5. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what, exactly, is wrong with trying to get rid of the Soviet Union's nukes in 1985? Wasn't Reagan trying to do the same thing?

6. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    not by getting rid of ours...

7. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, youve managed to prove that Kerry has for almost 2 decades been very concerned about nuclear proliferation. F'ing brilliant, this guy is a dangerous to us all, he doesnt want everyone to have nukes!!!

Meanwhile our President is giving stern menacing lookos to Iran and North Korea while getting us so tied up in Iraq we couldnt actually respond to a real threat.

Kerry is going to doom us all, its so clear now.

8. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    Im sorry, but imho, there is nothing you can do or say that can justify the actions that john kerry wanted to take.... Sometimes diplomacy fails, and instead of making consessions to our enemies when they refuse to cooperate, you go to war...

Let me make it very clear that I am not assuming that John Kerry's record proves that he will fail to defend us from terrorists, if the need arises. That being said, I cannot, and will not, vote to elect a man who has been against every war in our lifetime.

9. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damnit, your right! We should have invaded those pansy ass ruskies when they didnt unilaterally give up their nukes! Yeeeehaaaawwwwww!

10. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    actually, what I have proved is that john kerry has made every effort, to stop every war, every time...

Liberals make such an effort to cloud the vision of the public with lies and half-truths about the draft, medicare, the economy, the war, voter intimidation... You are so caught up in this little game of always trying to "out-spin" the spinners, that you dont even realize that you have become eveything you were against..

The democratic party is a party that no longer has morals, will go to great lengths to scare the most vulnerable among us, and stop at nothing to regain control of this nation, even if it means completely eliminating the values and morals that it was founded upon...

11. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Reading is fundamental.

12. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Fixed.

13. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh boy, you are a piece of work arent you?

First, Im not a liberal. I could find a lot of things wrong with Kerry if I chose to. The thing is, in the face of the glaring and painful and frankly rather dangerous tendencies in their own candidate, the Bush campaign is hellbent on painting Kerry as a threat to America. Now here's the thing, your arguement is the same that every republican argument is in my eyes. At his absolute worst, Kerry is no more dangerous than George W.

Now as for lies and half truths.. have you even ********ing looking at the douchebag in office? Or is that (R) beside his name or that tough talk about terrorists just gospel for you?

Put it this way. I dont support Kerry. I OPPOSE Bush. Is Kerry a bit too much of a dove? Yeah, maybe, but hes not so much of a dove that it worries me. On the other hand, Bush's hawk tendencies do scare me, as I see in Iraq a great big cluster******** that the administration is just fine and dandy with.

14. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    oh my bad, that was a misstatement, like "global test" or "I actually voted for it, before I voted against it"... i should've said - not by underhanding our threat of nuclear assault...

Lemme guess, you think we should've taken the " Please, please, pretty please, listen to us" approach?

15. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    First off, let me say that I understand where you are coming from with the argument being a traditional republican argument.. Honestly, both candidates have lied, but the biggest problem I have with Kerry's are that they are going after the weak and unknowing, and he is making large strides in areas such as healthcare and the economy by telling boldface lies... Now, i am sure that you ar someone else will argue that Bush is doing the exactly the same thing, its just a difference of opinion..

The reason i argue for bush in the way i do is because people dont have the same fundamental values as me, and so they just dont get it.. Im sure that you could also say that about me, but i truly, truly believe that while bush has made some mistakes in iraq that have left the door open for the left and extreme left to try to destroy family values, religion, and patriotism, that is no excuse to elect a man who wants to further the damage that has already been done to our country's collective principles..

16. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Waitaminnit here.

Are you a moral relativist, as the first statement seems to imply, or a moral absolutist, as the second statement seems to imply?

Or are you a flip-flopper? :D

17. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    You seemed to be rather confused as to the difference between a freeze and disarmament.

BTW, Foos asked you if getting rid of the Soviet Union's nukes was wrong, and you replied that getting rid of ours was wrong. Happily, the Soviet Union fell apart, but why in the world would you expect the Soviet Union to unilaterally disarm when you're opposed to that action for the United States?

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We and the Commies were building nukes to "show resolve" rather than meet defense needs loooong before the nuclear freeze movement.

19. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kerry was for the Afghanistan war. So, I must say...you are the smartest 2 year old I've ever come across.

20. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    my thoughts on this issue can best be summed up with this quote by a guy named Patrick Garrity.

" Communists ruled by fear and intimidation. (Reagan) believed that policies of peaceful coexistence, or of passively containing the Soviet Union, would be disastrous. The Communists would over time use the Western fear of war, especially nuclear war, to undermine the confidence of free peoples."

21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And we want to force people to abort their interracial babies. You left that part out.

22. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    It's probably better just to not comment on this, but you're right, i have misspoken again... but you get the gist of what im saying and can't dispute that he had no choice but to support the war in afghanistan..

23. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    you're right i did, i was too busy intimidating black voters and trying to stop stem cell research, to remember to put that in

24. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you don't think Bush is?
    No it's not. They're both lying spinners, that is a fact. Check out factcheck.org and read up.

You need to rephrase that, because it isn't a reason. "You're on Bush's side because people don't agree with you." Huh?

So essentially you want the evil we already know instead of the evil we don't.

25. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    No.. bush is not making large strides on with voters on the issues of healthcare and economy by telling boldface lies, check any opinon poll for proof of that one
    re-read my post.. you cut out this part of it, but i never disputed that bush has lied, i was merely stating that its just a matter of opinion and interpretation, of who is worse..
    Again, re-read my post.. i was saying that the reason I argue traditional republican views is because if you dont have the same moral beliefs as me, i cant justify thoughts in the same way that i could to someone with like views.. im just accepting that if you dont have conservative views you wont get what im saying..
    I dont agree that this administration should be considered the "evil we already know".. again difference of opinion