the Proshop / Revs gear

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by mrt/MLS, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    after all of the years when we were starved for Revs merchandise, things are looking good!

we havent had our home opener yet, but we have jerseys in the Proshop allready. i think there were also reports about a new decent size Revs section at the shop with a good amount of gear.

i can neither confirm or deny this, but the Fan Guide that came with our season tickets states that the Proshop will be offering jersey customization!

it also looks like we have a decent amount of new Revs gear out this year, including 7 types of new jerseys (replica home and away -short sleeve, authentic home and away -long or short sleeves, and replica training), coffee mug, shot glass, 2005 Eastern Confererence Champ pin and keychain, and a new cap and beanie (both still with the white patch behind the badge, but they are still a bit nicer than last years offerings imo).

heres where it get a little complicated: unfortunately it looks like we may not be able to find it all in one place.

MLSgear.com has some of the older stuff from last year, but seems to be the only place online to buy authenic (non replica) jerseys.

the Proshop website has a very nice selection of new Revs stuff, but is missing authentic jerseys, and apparently only has one of this years new jackets someone reported seeing at the actual Proshop at Gillette this year.

then there is the Proshop itself. havent been there yet, but cant wait. i hope jersey customization on site is a reality this year. im also curious to see if they have authentic jerseys on site. id like to compare one to a replica.

here is one of the new jackets (available at the proshop website, and im assuming at the shop at Gilette as well):

[​IMG]

new Revs gear! :D

2. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I ordered that jacket yesterday. It looks pretty sweet. If the proshop ever offers that winter jacket that Craig Tornberg had on last saturday, I'll have to get one for those late october games.

3. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every year, it seems, people are always looking for places that will do customizing of shirts with the authentic MLS style letters and numbers.

And what usually follows is someone saying they ordered something from MLSgear and their order is delayed, cancelled or whatnot.

And yet again, people like myself, Magpie and Ultra Peanut say the same thing:

SEND YOUR SHIRT TO THE ONION BAG in New Jersey.

We (me, Maggie and UP) have all had revs kits customized by them (including sponsor patches when applicable) for relatively short money and the stuff looks great.

4. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onion Bag doesn't trip word filters anymore, although I believe the site URL does. Naming/numbering will set you back $20 plus five bucks for return postage. League authentic and all that.

Magpie and I went on a little field trip this week and came back with new replica jerseys (no sign of the "authentic" ones, but I'm not interested in playing MLSgear Order Roulette and I am one of those people who feels honor bound to buy a jersey at the ProShop after asking for it for ages). No sign of naming/numbering but maybe that's something they'll set up with heat presses on gamedays. There's a nice big corner section with all the new stuff, home and away jerseys, although those coffee cups and shot glasses linked in another thread I did not see, else I'd have gone home with a Revs coffee mug. No new scarves yet either, but Mapgie's got me covered on that.

So yes, I can confirm that the ProShop at the stadium is at this very second selling the gear we've been after forever, and that if you are so inclined as to show up for the home opener already dressed, you will find it worth your while to make a trip down there or have a buddy swing by for you.

Oh, one other thing that some people here may find notable:
    There are 2XL jerseys in stock. These fit Toole (6'4", 275lbs) perfectly.

5. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought that jacket too, (at the proshop).
    If you are ordering, beware, the are BIG. I usually wear an XL, and had to get a large.

6. MightyRevs

MightyRevs New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Mass
    Yes 2XL's ive been waiting 5 years to get me a jersey haha, finally can get one this season and show of my colors!!

7. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    I just spoke to someone at the pro shop, and he said they will have the machine to do customized jerseys in a couple of weeks.

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Well Hell, I'll have to bring my jersey back to get the name and number put on. What a fantastic idea, and long overdue!

9. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    All that cigar smoke stuck in my jersey might mess up the process.

I was really looking forward to getting Brown-17 on my kit. I'll just have to make sure I take it off before I set it ablaze when Brownie blows another game.

Yes, I know I'm being excessively hard on KB. With my rooting for Arsenal in the CL, I needed a new object to vent my negative karma at. Setting the team record for missed passes won that spot for young Kyle last week.

10. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bless you for delivering this message of joy!

11. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Home and away at that. I don't know how they'll fit on you if you're short and round, but if you are built like you play for the Pats, not the Revs, you will find jerseys to fit this year.

12. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    Do they have any which are already customized with some names and numbers, or all they all blank

13. Three Rivers

Three Rivers Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My worry is that once I buy a #2, he'll be gone to play at Bolton or some such. The second problem is that I want one of each!

14. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were blank.

I promised myself I'd get a PARKHURST/15 as soon as I can, and so now keep imagining myself in line at a game with my shirt off waiting for them to print up the one I bought this week. If I can get the league standard names/numbers without the return postage, I'll do it.

15. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Recieved for my birthday today from my wife & kids a 2006 NE Rev's away shirt!

SWEET!

They know me so well, but, do you think they are trying to tell me something with the Away shirt...:rolleyes:

16. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got the rain jacket, adidas makes such great stuff.

While wlaking the pro shop, I saw patriot 8" x 10" pictures. Would like some Rev photo's for my office. Where can a Rev fan buy Rev action pictures?

17. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I've looked around the internet for some prints, but found nothing. Maybe the matchnight photographers could start offering custom prints for some of their photos.

18. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Can anyone confirm if those half-zip, long-sleve training tops are for sale in the Pro Shop - or anywhere for that matter? Those are sweet, and just the type of replica merchandise us fans have been dying for.

19. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    Jersey's from MLSgear are in stock, I know everyone will be placing their orders :rolleyes:

20. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The only place I've seen them is at MLSnet's shop. I will never make another attempt at ordering from them again.

http://www.mlsgear.com/product_detail.asp?CAT=cat-mens&SKU=1006419

FWIW, I received my rainjacket yesterday and it will be filling the mild-to-cold niche in my gameday wardrobe. I'll wait until the proshop offers that training jacket to buy one.

I also got my coffee cup and shot glasses which have both been put to good use. Unfortunently, the shot glasses may become a necessity to cope with this season.

21. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999

You can always email me and ask for prints of any photo you see in my galleries and I'm sure we can work something out.

http://www.spitfirephoto.com/matchnight/

http://206.21.217.66/gallery.asp?categoryid=97

tbiscaia@comcast.net

22. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Jim

"Abstinence is the answer."

Ok, I gotta ask sooner or later:

What's the question?

23. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Thanks for this - I have seen numerous posts about problems with MLSNet' shop. Are they getting orders wrong, or never shipping things out?

Also, I would rather buy from ProShop, but can we be sure that they will have these tops? Guess I could always call and find out myself.

I thought it was funny when I clicked on the above link, and then clicked the View Larger Image button - that image was only marginally bigger

24. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tryed to order a Rev jersey from them last year, took 3 online orders, and 15phone calls, to get them to actually place the order (I ended up ordering it through the phone). When I finally got it a month later it wasn't customized, and I never got my Dempsey poster. So yea all of the above.

I do have to say that I ordered a Eastern Conf. Champ T-Shirt and I had zero troubles with that, except for the online tracker, which still says "Submitted and Processing" even TODAY.

RRRREV IT UP

25. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hows the fit on the jacket? oversized? ill have to check them out at the proshop when i get up to Gillette.

screw the shotglass, you may need to go straight to the bottle.

i want that coffee mug though.

yeah those are nice! i hope we see those at Gillette.