The Prodigy: Kai Havertz thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jan 11, 2019.

1. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Better CF than Werner for the NT.

2. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree. Werner can be a very impactful sub but I don’t like him against the teams who will park the bus on us.

3. dabny

dabny Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Apr 5, 2019
    #178 dabny, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    Quotes on Chelsea-Bound Kai Havertz

Rudi Voeller

"We've had many good players through the history of the club at Bayer Leverkusen,
    Bernd Schuster, Michael Ballack, Ze Roberto, Toni Kroos, but Kai Havertz is the best of them all."

Joachim Loew
    "To play such a season at 19 and score 17 goals is exceptional.
    "With Kai Havertz i asked myself after the first time he trained with us whether he could have already been with us for a year or two. It seemed as if he'd always played with the others.
    I've seen that very,very rarely with a player before."

Matthias Sammer

"He's an extaordinary player.
    Anyone who can recognise situations like that is something special, and he's something special."

Roberto Hilbert

"He is the next big, big player to come from Germany. I was there when he made his debut in our team at 17. "In this generation, i think he'll be a game-changer. He has some things Ballack had, some things ozil had but he puts it into one package which is what makes him so dangerous." "I think he has a level of talent that nobody else has. When Chelsea sign him for the next years then i think they'll have a great chance to win titles. Thats how good he is."

Dietmar Hamann

"He reminds me of a young Michael Ballack, i said this months or years ago.
    He's just a brilliant player, he's so flexible, he's tall, he can hold the ball up.
    He's physical, technically he's very gifted. He's perfect. He knows where the goal is."

Raphael Honigstein

"He's an outstanding talent, there's absolutely no doubt about that." He's in a position where he could dominate the German national team over the next decade, depending on his position."
    "If you look at the unique combination he has of technical ability and also having the ability to score and create goals himself. I think the best way to sum it up is that he's a cross between Mesut Ozil and Michael Ballack.
    Both of them individually in their prime were pretty good players but a combination of both in their prime, he'll be an absolute superstar."
    "All the indications are that he'll turn into an absolute superstar in the next few years."

Marcel Daum

"He has the elegance of Zidane, if you see his movement, he's very elegant, always calm, he has great passing ability. It's up to him how far he can go."

Lukas Hradecky

"I've never seen a more talented player in my career.
    The boys learn from him, even if he is one of the youngest players. They look up to him."

Ger90 repped this.
  4. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolute champion in the making, I'm really surprised bayern didn't come in for him, under hansi he would absolutely flourish, not sure about ampard i think while the Chelsea scouting system is excellent Frank himself as a elite coach is tactically inept and gets lost in big games situation

5. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Also i really do hope loew uses him wisely and let's him flourish

6. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern's best chance of getting Havertz is now, as soon as he signs for Chelsea he becomes unaffordable for the foreseeable future. He will soon be one of the best players in the EPL imo.

Ger90 and saj7866 repped this.
  7. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They won't buy him because making debt (even if it's just temporary) is evil and would hurt their image. That's what Rummenigge & Co. care about the most. Consecutive profitable years are more important to them than trophies.

Alex C repped this.
  8. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seriously hope Chelsea don't get him, lampard is tactically inept as a coach, havertz needs a hansi or a klopp type of a coach

9. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Harvetz doesn't have a spot in Bayern 11 for now

Can Bayern get him after the Chelsea stint. Say spend 4yrs in Chelsea develop more and Bayern gets him just like Sane

There have been players like Boateng Vidal and Sane who had to go abroad before coming to Bayern

I don't really see Chelsea winning the EPL or CL anytime soon with Lampard

Blueberry_night repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looks like Havertz's move to Chelsea is imminent and just waiting on formalities to finalize. The team has added quite a few pieces this summer, notably Werner of course in terms of German contingent. I've never liked Chelsea but looks like this could be a season where it's interesting to follow them.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

oh well at least it increases chances that he Werner and assuming Rudiger doesn't lose his spot can play together and build chemistry.

dips82 repped this.
  12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope he develops well and moves to Bayern in 4yrs time for Lewandoski

13. ShadowX

ShadowX Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Sep 7, 2020
    #188 ShadowX, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    I have to say I'm a bit wary of all the hype surrounding Havertz.

So many of the recent wunderkinds coming out of Germany have not realised their potential; Goetze, Draxler, Schurrle.

All of them got talked up when they were at this stage of their career such they should have been superstars by now. Instead Schurrle is retired, Draxler is flopping at PSG, and Goetze is irrelevant.

I will believe it when I see it but not until then.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hey Schurrle and Gotze won us a WC, would take that over superstars.

reality is Germany has never had any superstars anyways.

15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When I was young there was this man called Lothar Matthäus. He was a genuine superstar.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    from a non German POV is he really?I've seen numerous player of his era get more mention than him. Even with him winning Ballon D'Or.

I dunno in general people seem to ignore German players, likely less marketable players.

17. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not fair toward Gotze, he had that disease (metabolism? thyroid?). Otherwise he shouldn't flopped this bad.

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    myopathy, which affects muscles.

In medicine, myopathy is a disease of the muscle in which the muscle fibers do not function properly. This results in muscular weakness. Myopathy means muscle disease.

19. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not an expert in medical but muscle weakness is a no brainer a very serious disadvantage for professional footballer.

Ger90 repped this.
  20. ShadowX

ShadowX Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Sep 7, 2020
    Exactly!

Ger90 repped this.
  21. ShadowX

ShadowX Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Sep 7, 2020
    Max Meyer is another.

For me personally, I was very disappointed with Julian Draxler. I watched his early development at Schalke and really thought he was destined to be a world class player. That's kind of why I'm wary of the hype surrounding Havertz.

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Draxler was always overrated but he got worse as he got older. Was always praised for his dribbling/technique when younger but the more he got older the more he lost confidence and way too much back passing on his part. He never looks like an exciting player more of a coward.

Meyer's issue is he's just not productive for an attacking player so got moved in midfield instead. Not even sure what's he supposed to be now anymore. Add dumb move to EPL and his career crashed.

Havertz at least has been producing from 17-present. Never stopped being effective and good unlike Meyer/Draxler.

wouldn't call one player a trend, more like very rare exception. Overall there are no superstars in German footy. I mean look at the English so called superstars more like super flops from their Golden Generation. In end mediocre Germany did better than their Golden Gen, LMAO.

even when German players are declared world class, there is barely any hype around them. I feel like Neuer the media has tried for years to shove him aside to overhype Courtous, de Gea etc instead but everytime Neuer continues to show how world class he is.

23. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Eh, just to remind you guys, Matthaus, Klinsmann, Brehme, Kohler, Andy Moller, they were well known superstar during their era because they played at Serie A. Not because they are German. Serie A back then was the epitome of prestige in world football. Even Liberian like George Weah became international superstar because he starred at Serie A.

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah I recall the 90s was all Serie A hype. Now it seems like it's more like EPL+Real/Barcelona.

sometimes wish Serie A was doing better than it has been for years. Milan is garbage for example and that was such a class club for decades too.

25. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I have a soft spot for AC Milan (not Inter, they can go degrade to Serie B for all I care). They are big traditional club with rich history and passionate fans and plethora of legendary players. Really sad state of affair now.

Ger90 repped this.