The problem?

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by PinoyMarauder, Feb 11, 2009.

1. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Watching the game today made me come up with the conclusion, Unless Saudi Arabia( players) finds a way to encourage themselves up and play as hard as they can w/out thinking about Mr. fart they would sadly not qualify to the world cup.

You guys probably already know what i think is the problem, but i know a lot would only slightly agree with me and point out different problems..So, what do you guys think is the main problem of this team?

2. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Al Johar is the biggest problem! Have you ever seen a team playing with 1 striker and 5 attack midfielders (except for ahmad otaif obviously)??? the team must've lost the game, i think it is too late for a comeback now, really pity on the FA and the saudi team

3. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    That is the end of the line for saudi arabia

4. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd rather not qualify if we're gonna play like this. And I agree with what Semsoon said.

5. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Guys .... Let's not lose patience here .....

I have following coments:

1. Saudi National Team is definitely in a period of "Recession".
    2. They lack shooting ability e.g., in the match against North Korea, how many shots were attempted during the entire match from outside the penalty area????? Why the F*ck were they trying to cross the ball inside and penetrate through the flanks when they can easily see that it's not working !!!! The Best option was to shoot @ sight which the Saudi Team failed doing at ......
    3. Abdouh Otaif is better than his brother Ahmed Otaif who lacks maturity.....
    4. Noor was feeling the presure on making his come back after 3 years......
    5. There was no motivation in the team except for Yasser and few others....
    6. The saudis were not playing fast....
    7. The saudis were not tall enough in the mid-field and right back.....

I BELIEVE THAT NOW SAUDI ARABIA SHOULD PLAY FOR THE 3RD SPOT AND LOOK FOR THE PLAY-OFFS ..... IF YOU CAN'T SECURE AN AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION THEN AT LEAST GRAB THE 3 SPOT AND LOOK TO QUALIFY THROUGH PLAYOFFS.

6. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Also, Saudi Arabia didn't played good 4 or 5 friendly matches (against big teams) otherwise, it would have had been much different result.....

In order to play against Iran in Iran now, Saudia should play at least 4 friendlies against BIG TEAMS Like Australia, Ukraine, etc.... that are similar to Iranian Team's Physique.....

I don't have any hope for the Saudia in the match against Iran however, if they prepare well then who knows what can happen on a given day ....

7. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    The problem?

Every thing is the problem.

The coach is the problem.
    The players think they are superstars is the problem.
    The Saudi FA is a problem.

8. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I've said it a lot of times but what the hey:

Saudi Arabia lacks a true creative midfielder

The one to feed those great through passes to the strikers. Players like Yousef Al-Thunayan and Fahad Al-Herifi and perhaps also Nawaf Al-Temyat in his prime. I mean look at this:

Ahmed Al-Friadi: Inexperienced and more of a dribbler/goal scorer than a creative mid
    Ahmed Otaif: DM not a Offensive midfielder
    Sultan Al-Nemri: Lacks experience but has potential. Not there yet.
    Ahmed Al-Mousa: My favorite but I'm biased :p prolly will never start a game in his career but also more of a dribbler
    Abdo Otaif: I suggest he works on his passing which is atrocious.
    Mohamed Noor: More of physical rather than technical player.

Tell me when was the last time you saw a truly magical play my one of our mids that set up a goal? Our strikers have to work double time to score any goals.

Also, what's up with this shit of playing through the flanks with Suhail and Al-Zouri? I think we connected with only one real header during the entire match.

9. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Semsoon and I are the only people who noticed that we played with 5 attacking mids and 1 striker.

Ahmed Otaif is not a pure DM, but he did all he could.

10. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    But still KSA didn't registered any real shot on target expect for the 84th minutes Yasser Al Qahtani's one.

Shame, such attacking mid-fields and still couldn't register any reasonable & strong shot on target .... :mad:

I am not unhappy because Saudi Arabia lost the match, I am unhappy on the way they lost it !!! Just couldn't attempt shot on goal which was requirement of the match.

11. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Duh! you need people to win the ball back for your attacking mids, why can't anyone here see this?!

You can have Al-Thunayyan, Al-Gheshayyan, Al-Heraify, and Khalid Mas3ad, but without a Fuad Anwar or a Khamis Al-Owairan, they're not going to be able to do anything.

12. Semsoon777

Semsoon777 Member

Nov 18, 2007
    6th October City, Egypt
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    that is very true, where the hell was saud khariri? he should have played because there was no khalid aziz

13. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Noor is creative enough for our purposes, and he had some good moments today. The main problem was the formation; nobody knew exactly what they were supposed to do.

By the way why was Noor داق اللطمة? I thought that was pretty funny.

14. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    the one of the main problems is media too.they give lot of overconfidence to player...for example...they saudi never lost in wcq qualifier ..they lost against uzbeks in first round.
    2-they saudi never lost against south korea..they lost at home
    3-north korea are underdogs against saudiis and havent won a single match in previous six meetings..they lost 2 day..
    conclusion---saudi players need the same lecutre by prince sultan when they drew against qatar..

15. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    hahahahaha.......

True.... Saudi players need someone like Prince Sultan to push them, some times by carrot and some times by stick ..... only then they will perform.

16. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    amen!!

17. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    You've said it plenty of times in the other threads.

I was talking in general not for the NK match alone.

18. Aziz_10

Aziz_10 New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
    The problem is the Saudi FA, whenever its freed from the royalty grasp things will only go better.

19. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Lot of problems.. but the number one problem is the FA no doubt.