The Prince That Was Promised - Bienvenue Kylian Mbappé

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Jun 1, 2024.

1. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Even if he had won the Euros he would have something to prove.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yamal will be better than him at same age.
    also, Dani, Arda and Nacho are having good Euro. So I don’t get how “but but..none of other Madrid stars having the best of tournament…” narrative is serving the purpose for Mbappe stans.

W8W8 repped this.
  3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I mentioned Arda
    Nacho has played only 2 matches
    Dani has had a good tournament

so forgive if I forgot 1 player when mentioning that all the major stars haven’t really had a major tournament

and let’s wait and see what happens with Yamal. He is the real deal but Barcelona has managed to burn downn every super teen they’ve had outside for Messi

PigBenis, Ssr9, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Football development is not linear. Not every young talent keeps improving endlessly and surpasses other players just because they were better at that same age.

Yamal is worth the hype. He is a real talent and there is nothing to hate about his game.

But let’s wait and see what happens before we go taking our underwear off. He’s still just 17 and plays for a club KNOWN to produce super young talents and then burn them out

Shay Z, PigBenis, laundromat and 7 others repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Also

I am not an Mbappe Stan. I’m just not turning on one of our players before ever played for us.

yoanaidarov and Digital repped this.
  6. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Think Mbappe will turn out good for us as long as he toes the line. We have produced multiple balon dor winners over the years and with how stacked we are across all lines there is no reason Mbappe won't win one.

I still think we'll be missing a CF in certain games like against Atleti for example but hope Mbappes goals will help us not relying on Vini so much for goals.

I also still think we are going to play "pass to Vini and hope he creates danger" sort of football next season. Hope I am wrong, Vini is improving his finishing alot, having him closer to goal will do him anf us alot of good. I don't trust Rodrygo and Mbappe seems to be going through a terrible slump in form right now.

7. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn't take this yamal over young mbappe.

He was even more devastating and had speed that was killing grown men. Yamal still needs to develop everything and be consistent at it but there nothing stopping it.
    I think him being the talisman for Barcelona would aid his development more than mbappe going to psg.

But as james mentioned it isn't leniar. He could not develop as much as everyone is projecting. But if he does he should be better than current mbappe.

He is doing great however.

Shay Z repped this.
  8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Meh, madness, just like when most thought we'd win nothing last season without a worthy 9 before a ball was kicked, Kylian will be fantastic for us, i have no doubt

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    “Nacho has played only 2 matches” And?? He was still great in them! Did his job to perfection as a CB and then also as RB (when Vivian came on to play a central role) against some of the lethal attackers in football.
    How many decent games did Kylian have?

first it was the mask, then playing as LW and still stinking, then went to play central role and still struggled. If this is Harry Kane, let’s be honest, we’re all murdering him in the press right now!

for the record, even Im not his hater (though I never really liked his attitude) I stand firm with him being a Real Madrid player now, just voicing concerns without any bias.

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he had an overall down year. But I am not worried. He’s getting exactly the change he needs. A better team, a new opportunity, a manager that is great with his players, a team that plays direct football where his speed will be key, a trainer known for enhancing the fitness of players, a new start.

He fits perfectly here so I’m excited. I’ll be surprised if he fails given his talent and the opportunity he is getting

Shay Z repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Criticism to Mbappe is performative perfectionism in the way it's done to Haaland.

Neither of them is perfect but it's safe to say they are as sure of a safe bet as you'll get in football.

There's practically no club that wouldn't take him. But since we've secured him, we argue about how good he is from a standpoint of privilege and security.

Ssr9 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #487 Saeta Rubia, Jul 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
    We have to hope Mbappe has Ron/Messi type longevity as we are getting him close to age 26 (in December ) after he stayed 8 years in Ligue 1.

There are also cases like Raul and Cesc who started as teenagers, but had huge physical decline in mid 20s pretty much due to the mileage on their body.

I think Mbappe should have that explosiveness until he's 29-30. Ronaldo had to adapt toa different role around that age.

Nir_O, Lyra and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neither Raul nor Cesc were particularly athletic though. To be quite honest.

14. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    After the great season we had, Mbappe does look like a surplus a bit.

He did not perform exceptionally in the UCL and Euros. I'm glad he's having extended vacations now. Hopefully, a new club and Pintus will bring out the best in him.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just don't see the risk like others do.

PigBenis, yoanaidarov, Ssr9 and 2 others repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Nothing but good things can come of this signing

Ssr9 repped this.
  17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doesn't that make it an even bigger risk?

18. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    him joining its just feels like 2/3 years too late .......the guy is GARBAGE as a striker and Vini is the best player in the world as a left winger but the problem is not even the positions in which he is going to play.....he has regressed so much the past few years in France,he was so much better/dangerous back in 2017/8/9/2020/2021......

no matter how many times i watch him i just cant get as excited as i was watching him during those years ......he is not the same ...25/26 yo and this will be his first season in a really big league ....disapointing

Hendrix22 repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man yall are a tough crowd :ROFLMAO:

petros93 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He tormented us in both legs of 2022. No standout performances in CL in last two seasons. But there's been huge tension between Mbappe and Al K ever since July 2022, few months after he renewed.

So I hope "happy" Mbappe will return to 2021-22 level. Tension with PSG management is not same as Flo - Ron "muy triste" drama or various contract renewal drama with Ramos. In Mbappe's own words, Al K told him violently that he won't play a minute of last season before LE and Campos cooled the situation.

PigBenis, Ssr9 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Don’t see it either….dude is currently unfit. Simple as that. That’s not that hard of a fix. Rest + Pintus.
    I have no doubt that he’ll destroy la liga next season.

PigBenis, Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    When are the players expected to return? 3 weeks of rest seems…not sufficient?

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Read players who were involved in semis will get additional rest and won't be called up for US pre-season. Jude, Carva, Fede, Mbappe, Tchouameni, Camavinga and Mendy will miss the tour it seems.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Before Euros started, there was a report that Arda has decided he will be part of US pre-season even if Turkey reach semis.

So Mbappe is free to end vacation early and be part of pre season games vs Milan, Barca and Chelsea if he wants.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Unfortunately, it's happened again. Barca have some how unearthed another child prodigy from with la Masia who is already a world beater at only 16 years of age.

We meanwhile may have signed a has been on the downslope of his career who no matter how well he does will be up against the media machine and institutions which will want to see Barca's organically produced talent victoriously conquer the empire and its over hyped and over priced semi demi quasi celebrity lineups of the who's who of football from 2016-2022.

Mbappe hasn't been himself for a while now, I think maybe we can start having the conversation of "is this the new Mbappe", especially in light of his "new life" comments which sound earily like retirement talk of players destined for the Saudi league or MLS.