The Porto Fans Only Thread [R]

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Portoholic, May 29, 2005.

1. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's really late, I just got back from a friend's wedding and after spending some time talking futebol with some blokes there, it made me miss watching the World Champs play already. Can't wait for next season when we take back what's ours. ALLEZ PORTO ALLEZ!!!

This can be sort of the show your love for Porto thread. (yes I have had a few to drink tonight)

2. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Re: I love FC Porto

Cheers! I have to wait to rep you.

3. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

What's there NOT to LOVE!?!?

13 Championships in 20 years
    2 times European Champion
    1 UEFA Cup
    1 European Super Cup
    2 times World Champions
    A financial situation that has no paralel in Portugal.
    A talented group of young players
    A talented and promising coach
    Respect in Europe
    Even our crappiest players return profits when sold because people assume that "if they played for FC Porto they must be good"
    Our stadium is the most beautiful stadium in Portugal and the one with the highest attendances.
    Our jersey is CLASSY!
    We can develop our own talent
    If that's not enough we can BUY class players unlike our bankrupt rivals who have to beg for loaned players
    Our president is corrupt but no one can prove it
    Our president only screws up once every 20 years
    We still love him though
    Our president always wins the "Most annoying sports person of the year" poll.
    The fact that he annoys the bejesus out of our rivals only makes us love him even more
    Next year our team will play blindfolded so that the League can be exciting 'till the last week again.
    When I think we're having it bad I think of what our rivals had to go through in the last 2 years (Outplayed, outclassed, watching us cover ourselves in glory and feeding on our left overs). That never fails to put a smile in my face.

PS: I love FC Porto!

4. Filho do Dragão

Filho do Dragão New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação

If you're drunk than I'm the King of the Douro valley! :D

113 years of greatness, the last 101 or so of which annoying the Lisboetas. It's times like this when you most appreciate it and realize how amazing the whole history to be.

5. Porto#1

Porto#1 New Member

May 8, 2005
    Toronto/Portugal

Viva o Porto!!!!!!!!!!

6. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

Can't wait to beat Benfica AGAIN in the "Inferno da Luz" :rolleyes:

7. Madjer

Madjer New Member

May 27, 2005
    Lisboa

Dear colleagues!!
    Forget Benfica and so on... just look in front, forget the past!
    And in front we have: Juventus, Manchester, Liverpol, Bayern, Madrid ( Fascistas like Benfica but still winning ).
    We do not have the same social and economic background as those clubs have, still we won what nearly no one won like us, in the past 20 years!!!!
    Why did we won?
    In my opinion due to one man wich is our President, who Loves our club like no one!!!
    Plus he is a Mission oriented Man and his mission is " Make FCP the best team in the World" !!!
    Yes it`s a dream!! But why not???
    Unfortunatelly Pinto da Costa has 67 years old... he certainly will not reach his mission alive ( like Moses ), but his contribution is definnitely unfergotable!! He showed us that it`s possible!!

It`s in our hands, heads and hearts keep the dream alive!

FC Porto
    "The best team in the World"!!
    We do not have galaticos, stars, 14 millions suporters, etc... we just have man`s with a dream... which makes all the diference!!

8. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Being a Porto fan nowadays is just GREAT, but I remember growing up 30 years ago, always having to hear " O Porto nao ganha nada a' 15, 16, 17, 18 and finally 19 anos..." I am 37 years old, but I feel the proudest for being able to stick w/ FC Porto thru the bad times and never changing my colors until I got very well rewarded in the last 20 years... We are now at the point that we could say we are the Portuguese team w/ the most International Trophies!

9. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

O Porto E Uma Nacao

10. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal

Somos os MAIORES carago! :)
    Damn i have more FC Porto rep to give but i gave too much on the last 24 hours...
    P.S. My blood is blue.

11. Filho do Dragão

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação

You could always give to me again. ;)

Anyway, since the main club boards are very close to one another, it's no surprise that other supporters are going to chime in on the blue-and-white tripa-fest. :D

Yes, the other guy was right. We need to look forward and not be so obsessive about SLB. So they got one more this year. Fine. We can't win every one of them but let's not take the eye off the main point: We are a world power.

Chop, man, I understand where you're coming from. You should know that I appreciate you being there from the bottom of my heart. It's not easy being laughed at by Lisboetas all those years. I'm a young guy but I can imagine what that was like and I'm sure you felt vindication in '87. Then came the penta and it must have really renewed your faith in the club, and so on and so on.

In a way, it's just us finally realizing our great potential.

12. Filho do Dragão

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação

ALLEZ, PORTO, ALLEZ,
    NÓS SOMOS A TUA VOZ,
    QUEREMOS ESTA VITÓRIA,
    CONQUISTA-A POR NÓS

[​IMG]

ALLEZ, PORTO, ALLEZ,
    NÓS SOMOS A TUA VOZ,
    QUEREMOS ESTA VITÓRIA,
    CONQUISTA-A POR NÓS

[​IMG]

ALLEZ, PORTO, ALLEZ,
    NÓS SOMOS A TUA VOZ,
    QUEREMOS ESTA VITÓRIA,
    CONQUISTA-A POR NÓS

13. Filho do Dragão

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação

ALLEZ, PORTO, ALLEZ,
    NÓS SOMOS A TUA VOZ,
    QUEREMOS ESTA VITÓRIA,
    CONQUISTA-A POR NÓS

[​IMG]

ALLEZ, PORTO, ALLEZ,
    NÓS SOMOS A TUA VOZ,
    QUEREMOS ESTA VITÓRIA,
    CONQUISTA-A POR NÓS

[​IMG]

ALLEZ, PORTO, ALLEZ,
    NÓS SOMOS A TUA VOZ,
    QUEREMOS ESTA VITÓRIA,
    CONQUISTA-A POR NÓS

14. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Come on everybody! Sing it loud! :cool:

15. FootballFan4Life

FootballFan4Life New Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Washington D.C.- USA

Hey Portoholic, I'm with you 100% man. Viva o nosso F.C.P. It doesn't matter where we may be in this world, the cool thing is that the love we have for Porto always goes with us no matter what. Last March I went to Portugal and I took a trip to Porto just to see the glorious Stadio do Dragao.

16. FootballFan4Life

FootballFan4Life New Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Washington D.C.- USA

Hey ChopSoccerDude I'm with you 100%. When I was reading your post I was in awe, because it is my thoughts exactly. I'm a woman with 36 years old and I remember being fanatic about soccer since I can remember. My friends and family used to make fun of me for being Portista. I just always loved F.C. P and I lived right next to Fonte Nova across from Estadio do benfica, but I stood my ground about Porto and couldn't be prouder, for being Portista. Congratulations, you are so dang right. Viva o nosso FCP. Um abraco.

17. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

If you don't love Porto, then don't post anything in here - simple as that.

...and before I get any smart-ass remarks, NO, I am not a Porto supporter, but I need to patrol in here every so often to make sure things are in line :cool:

18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

Loving Porto is very painfull these last few weeks.
    It's like when your kid embarrasses you, you still love him and hate him for it at the same time

Oh well, love hurts right?

19. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Hey, love for your team should be there through the ups and downs, not just when they're winning championships. Sometimes going through the painful times, makes the great times that much sweeter. Never give up!

20. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

I didn't say I don't love them right now. Even if they went to 2nd B i'd still love them but would be tough love much like it is now.

Porto is just like Greece right now, we win the CL and then choke out of every other tournamnent :eek:

21. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Think of the positives. Even before winning the '04 CL, Porto was a proud club, with a rich history. Don't forget in Europe, the '87 CL, '03 UEFA Cup and all the National titles. After '04, we have faced many struggles, but still managed to finish 2nd in the league and also defeating the South American champs to become Champions of the World.

I'm also confident things will get better soon. It may still take some time, and there will be more controversies and bumps on the road, but FC Porto will inevitably find itself on top, yet again. Don't worry. :cool:

22. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

I have a bad feeling that Mourinho might of made us very successful but he also destroyed us for like 5 seaons of rebuilding. I guess we Porto supports just got so used to success that we forgot that there was a time when Porto wasn't so successful. It just hurts to lose to Benfica at home. If we had lost to anyone else, i wouldn't really care but to our rivals, now that hurts.

23. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Porto Fans Only Thread

This is a stickied thread dedicated just for Portistas. No-one else who is a fan from any other club is permitted to post in this thread. You can talk about things that pertain to the club with fellow Portistas. Please note that there are ground rules: 1) keep the language clean – no need to go on a swearing rampage; 2) keep it Porto related – no-one wants to know how much your oil change cost; and 3) no malicious comments about other posters – that’s pretty much an invitation for retorts, something we are hoping to avoid.

** Anyone who is posting in this thread who is not a Portista will have their post deleted and will be warned – this one excepted ;) . Repeat offenders will be reprimanded with yellow cards – no questions asked. **

Enjoy… :)

24. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Re: The Porto Fans Only Thread

I just wanted to be the first Portista posting in this thread ;)

25. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: The Porto Fans Only Thread

.....but i'm the only one that matters!!!! ;)