The Porto Derby: FC Porto vs Boavista Jan 8 [R]

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by leafster, Jan 1, 2006.

1. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    lol Joao Pinto sees red and wants to stay on the bench but has to go

2. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    FT

Porto 1 Boavista 0

3. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I understand Quaresma's trying to be a rebel and what not with his style, but I REALLY don't think the shaving half of one of your eyebrows look is going to go far... :D

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    he is beginning to look more and more like shaun desman:eek:

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LOL AHHAHA

ahahahah Imagine if Portugal did well in the world cup, and just like how some people were influenced to adopt Ronaldo's strange triangle haircut in 2002...

Imagine if people get influenced to shave half their eyebrow like Quaresma AHAHAHAH it will be the new style.:eek:

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i praise it really....but its normal when your on a winning streak you have a certain hairstyle.

but at the world cup it would br crazy fans looking at the players and saying wtf?

just imagine ricardo onehalfeyebrow maybe then will he stop the rebounds.

7. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Good 1st half half for Porto, terrible 2nd half for both teams. There must have been some 30 fouls in the 2nd half. Terrible display of soccer. Pepe played a great game, Ricardo Costa was decent and Paulo Assuncao had a fight all game w/ Joao Pinto (P. Assuncao was lucky to not have a red card as he deserved a yellow a couple of times; these 2 must have a history dating back to when Assuncao was w/ Nacional and J. Pinto w/ Sporting). Bottom line is Porto came away w/ the 3 pts but it was perhaps Porto's worst game in the last 2 months...

8. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    this shows you that when quaresma scores porto wins.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Quaresma had an active and good first half, I think the ball was going to go in even if it didn't take that tiny deflection. Quaresma had a so - so second half.

P.S: You guys saw the close up of Anderson!

10. blablabla

blablabla New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    anyone have a picture of this eyebrow everyone is talking about?

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    people have been doing the eyebrow thing for a long time. I see it every, I saw it when I was in Lisboa, I see it here in Montreal and I see it in the states...

It would be crazy if everyone on the Seleccao did it though

12. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I agree with everything that ChopSoccerDude said, we did a very good first half but we should had played better in the second half, it seemed the players were tired, Lucho and Diego disapeared in the last 45 minutes.
    But another 3 points in the bag and a total of 40 in the first 17 games! if wasn´t for the points lost against poor teams like Benfica and Sporting :p and we would have 45...
    Peixoto will be out for a few months or the rest of the season, now its the opportunitty for Cech to show his value, maybe we will need another left defender?!

13. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Boy that ref never really had control of the game more so in the second half, it was more like a war out there. Boavista didn't do much to score, and to hope that this horrible ref would call a PK on Pepe is insane.
    The shame of all of this dirty play, is that Cesar Peixoto is out for the remainder of the year. The way he had been playing he could've been an option at LB for our NT.

14. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    How many times has JVP received a red card vs Porto in his career :D

I bet he wanted a red card just for good old times. Too bad Jorge Costa wasn't there too to share this special moment :D

15. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You really don't think Pepe commited a Penalty on that play, do you? Ricardo Silva brought himself down looking for a call in the middle of that confusion.
    Also, I seriously doubt Scolari ever considered Peixoto as an option for the NT. He'll stick w/ Nuno Valente and have Marco Caneira and Paulo Ferreira as backups for the LB position. Poor Peixoto, he was having an above-average season. But hey, perhaps he can now go to his honeymoon w/ that "beldade" Isabel Figueira! ;)

16. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And JVP is a Portista "desde pequenino"!
    he so much wants to impress PDC to give him a chance that ends up screwing up all the time!

17. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    I think you meant "Paulinho (como te vivo) Santos", now those two had wars.

18. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Do you guys remember Paulinho Santos' last game 3 years ago? It was nice to see JVP coming over to shake his hand and say good-bye to him (perhaps he said hello too for the 1st time)... :eek: pfft, I'm getting all choked up.

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Did you guys see how Peixoto twsited his knee! I think his cleets just got caught into the grass and he moved in a weird way. Was a little hard to watch...

20. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Those are the toughest injuries, i.e. the ones where there is no contact and the player just gets injured on their own. He's looking at least 2 months stoppage, possibly ending the season for him.

21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

I think my all-time JVP classic moment vs Porto was when JVP and Secretario were about to head but eachother and Secretario went down without JVP even touching him and the ref came over and handed JVP the red card :D

Secretario with a hollywood like act pretendign that JVP had given him a cocobut.

Oh the memories......... Thanks to JVP for all the red card memories.