The Penurious B@stard Who Runs CSC Thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TOTC, Oct 2, 2003.

1. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
  2. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Nothing really suprises me with that bunch. We can list more troubles than that...hell just go to a couple games at RFK. I know a few people who have successful taken them to court for aggressive behavior. Most go unreported.
    Maybe if they stop hiring dirtbags with zero training and intelligence they wouldn't have these type of troubles.

RFK fans have had racial slurs, broken bones, punches, chokings and all sorts of nice stuff. They're soccer fans so it doesn't really matter, right?

3. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Point is, the tone of the organization comes FROM THE TOP.

We need more dirt.

4. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002
    that reminds of an old biker joke, slightly modified:

what's the difference between CSC and Hoover vacuum?

location of dirtbag ;-)

5. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United
    Aug 3, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CSC scours the earth for only the finest blend of knuckle-scraping, redneck, chimps-thugs[TM].

6. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I just finished watching the WVA-Miami game, and at the end, it looked like two CSC staffers were taunting the WVA Quarterback after they lost. Class Act, that CSC.

7. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    This incident at Univ. of MD. is VERY disturbing. This $hit occurs all too often with this group. I only wish I had had a solid witness of the way I was treated or I would have been a team investor by now.

Nice stuff...

or how about THIS:
    How many people are still dying to have a SSS in MD.? If you ask me I may think twice about a lot of my UNITED purchases if this team EVER uses CSC again in the future. They BETTER not work in any future United stadiums or this teams front office will have a lot of explaining to do.

8. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Well it looks like CSC is at least "nice" enough to extend their treatment to college kids everywhere... :rolleyes:

Any UMD alumni out there? Someone should write a letter to the papers editor telling them of OUR experiences with CSC.

9. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you SHOULD write them.

it might get printed.

and it might start a huge anti-CSC hate campaign where CSC employees are beaten on sight.

10. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Cary NC
    Club:
    DC United
    I needed a few synapses to spring to life before I figured out that this thread was about security at RFK (my having only attended three games there). So, are we saying that the CSC staff is uniformly over-aggressive?
    Really? Aren't the people who pick-up La Norte's barrage of toilet paper and return it to them so they can reload from CSC? Isn't that kinda cool? Or am I mistaking what I see on TV?
    Perhaps I am off-topic here but one idea to "improve relations" between security and fans I saw in action at an EPL game a few years back. There they positioned the same staff in the same location game after game. So, the security staff (employed by the club and not from some outsource agency) knew faces and names of all the regulars. And better yet, the regular fans knew the faces and names for all the regular security crew in their section (they even greeted their security guys by name in a cheer). Both fans and security didn't have the protection of anonymity and thus both behaved with more civility.

11. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Some of the security guys will throw the TP back to us, but it's usually the DC United staffers. I think (don't know) but it's only the DC staffers that should throw it back.

I do wish we'd get the same people over and over again, but there seems to be a lot of turnover there. Surprisingly (or not), many of them recognize me now.

FWIW, I think the situation at UMD was handled correctly. There was a problem and immediate steps were taken to rectify it.

Sachin

12. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    BTW, I just noticed the date on that UMD article.

It's from 2001!!!!!

And the other article is from 1998!

I guess having a critical stretch run for the playoffs isn't enough that we have go dig up old dirt on CSC.

Maybe Haig is right and we all are just living in the past.

:rolleyes:

Sachin

13. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Sach, I think the shakeup at DCSEA (The Wanker leaving Nov. 5) will lead to a new era of openness, transparency, and trust.

Oh, yeah. Anthony Williams is the mayor and Dubya the president.

Ain't gonna happen.

So, who's going to do the yellow polo shirt gag for one game? Like, everybody in an entire section wearing fake uniform shirts?

14. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, the BB did this at the last game, where the hell were you?

K

15. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ha! Thanks Kim. You saved me that reply :)

p.s. Some history guy I am... I never looked at the date of the UMD article. But then again I don't give a rat's A## for U of Maryland

(sorry MD. friends! :D)

p.s.s. misplaced dates aside CSC still sucks and this thread could be constructive. For example the idea of set CSC guards per section. This year there has been ONE guy as a constant behind our section all year, but the rest of the guards (especially on the field) are as interchangeable as ever. The fact that we recognize this one guy has actually been pretty effective. Barra members are actually starting to respect the guy... not a lot... but slowly. Also DC United has been nice enough to keep a staff guy near us most of the games... but recently on at leats one occasion he was just as bad or worse then some of the CSC people. (Red&Black can explain further.)