The paucity of English opportunity thread

Discussion in 'England' started by wellno, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Smith Rowe is being linked with Huddersfield isn't he?

2. Sam1010

Sam1010 Member

Charlton
    England
    Apr 10, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Garner should stay, United are one injury away from being forced to play him, 95% of youth breakthrough because of injuries or rotation so the rest apart from doyle should stay aswell

3. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    1215305479708119041 is not a valid tweet id

4. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    That's right. Might be a good move although there's a Premiership team interested too.

5. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    A lot of the young CBs are out on loan which is good. Relied upon early and gaining matches/experience under their belt.

Wilmot Watford to Swansea
    Panzo Monaco to Cercle Brugge
    Guehi Chelsea to Swansea
    Latibeaudiere Man City to FC Twente (playing mainly RB which may end up his position)
    Alese West Ham to Accrington

Tanganga , Gibson & Harwood-Bellis to find some first team football ?

6. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I hope you're right but Solksjaer didn't even start him at home to Colchester in the Carabao Cup. Just keeps persisting with Matic and Pereira.

7. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Got to be honest I think people are getting way too concerned about Harwood Bellis. He is still VERY young and I don't see how staying around City's set up at least until the end of the season will do him that much harm. I think of the ones TopBanana listed, Skipp, Jones and ESR are the most concerning and in need of loans. In the case of Skipp and Jones, I feel it's a pathway issue long term as Skipp is playing for the worst manager possible for youth and Liverpool are so good that it's going to be very difficult for youth to fully break through. Whilst for ESR, I just feel he needs to find the right environment as he hasn't made the strides and is in risk of stagnating. For Gomes, I think he'll leave in the summer so hopefully that should help his future long term. Doyle is still extremely young and in a similar situation to THB imo, as for Garner I think he will get some more opportunities before the end of the season as United seem to constantly pick up injuries and play a lot of football. If not, then he can maybe reassess at the end of the season.

Sam1010 and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  8. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hoping curtis jones gets more games at liverpool

9. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    He's a DM. Difficult to play without one. But he's composed in possession, better with the ball than all the other options in deep CM bar Winks.

TitoTata and roverman repped this.
  10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Maybe ...have you seen enough of him to say that though !

I certainly haven’t ..

We thought that Rice was gonna be the answer after last season but he seems to have fallen out of favour / form

11. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    'We' thought Rice was gonna be the answer

Rice thing has gone as expected, criticism has probably gone too far the other way now.

ChristianSur repped this.
  12. Manchester21

Manchester21 Member

Manchester City
    England
    Jun 17, 2017
    Harwood bell is is only 17. Why on earth would we loan him out now. For some one so young to be playing the cup games is quite an achievement. Especially in this city side

Same for Doyle hes really young.

roverman repped this.
  13. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Because City are out of the Leasing Trophy and UEFA Youth League.

Why would you loan them out?! Erm, to keep the momentum of playing senior football.

14. Manchester21

Manchester21 Member

Manchester City
    England
    Jun 17, 2017
    Bellis is only 17 and has just been introduced to senior football. Not many if any 17 year olds are out on loan or playing senior football

Where would he go? I can’t see many teams in the premier league, championship or even league one teams playing someone so inexperienced.

You could also argue right now the best thing for him is to keep playing cup games and developing, which is pretty amazing in itself considering the club he’s at. I get you want him to play, but surely patience is the key here. Then maybe the season after he could look at loans ...

15. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm not sure that he's ready for a loan, but it's rare that patience is the key to anything when it comes to game time.

16. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
  17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    5 English players in Chelsea team

18. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Not seen it on here yet - a PL start for Japhet Tanganga this evening against Liverpool. Dier and Vertonghen available but only on the bench.

19. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Greenwood is something so special. Composure, intelligence, fearlessness, two-footed and a deadly eye for goal. He looks like he's been playing at this level for 10 years.

roverman repped this.
  20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    If kane doesn't make it, which he will, then I would take Greenwood as a wild card

21. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010

Ejaria has so much quality, I really hope he ends up in a top 10 PL club

22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  23. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Was just about to post about this. I believe he should stay at Birmingham for the time being, he's performing really well there.

Sam1010 repped this.
  24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don’t go to Utd

please. I wish arsenal would take a look. Utd barely play Gomes

25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Damn, the Hollywood comps looks good and I’ve not seen enough of him but you would have thought from that highlights real some Prem Clubs would be interested?